Gota Love Ford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gota Love Ford

I seriously think I've bought my last Ford. Talk about some piss poor customer service and warranty work. My truck isn't even 3 months old and it's been in the shop 3 different times for a total of 3 1/2 weeks. The two problems are when you drive down a bumpy road it sounds like something is hitting the rear glass to the point you think the motherfucker is going to shatter. I told them the first time I took it in this is a known problem since 2004 and the rear glass needs to be removed, resealed, and tighten down to fix the problem. Of course they don't try this method until the damn thing has been in the shop for the third time. The first two times they tried to blow smoke up my ass and claim they couldn't duplicate the problem or lubed and greased this or that. I had to drive 3 people around before they agreed to try their own TSB to fix the problem.

The next problem is the driver seat has a squeak in it that sounds like 12 fucking crickets are living in the seat. When you push on the back of the seat it goes away instantly. Same bullshit as the window. They claim they can't duplicate the problem so I drive them around. Then it's oh we greased and lubed the seat tracks and if you keep the passenger seat all the way forward with the seat belt buckled in it won't squeak. I guess I could spin around 3 times and say a hail marry and it might fix the problem too.

My truck is a King Ranch and quite a few folks are having the same problem with the driver seat. Turns out the only fix is to replace the seat. I ask for them to replace the seat which they denied so I got Ford Corporate involved. I expressed my concern about them touching my seats and how I didn't want the leather removed. Corporate agreed and told the dealership not to remove the leather. Of course the dealer calls me and says the truck is ready but the driver seat won't be fixed to my satisfaction. I just laugh and say thanks for wasting my time. I go to pick it up and ask the service manager what they did. First thing out of his mouth was we removed the leather and I could feel the hair on my neck stand up but I kept my cool. They pull the truck around and of course the leather looks like shit. It's all sloopy and loose as shit to the point where you can pinch it and pull it about 2 inches away from the seat. I tell the service writer this is bullshit and to get a manager I'm not accepting this. He laughs in my face and says it's like that from being sat in. I inform him that it wasn't like that when I dropped it off and the truck only has 1,300 miles on it.

So he brings the shop forman out and he starts talking shit about how I have corporate up his ass over some squeaks and rattles and that I need to remember it's a truck. I inform him that it's a brand new 50k truck and the motherfucker shouldn't rattle apart going down the road. He claims that doesn't matter. At this point he denies they removed the leather. Which I call bullshit on. Then the story changes to they only removed the top leather and not the bottom. So they bring the tech out and he admitted to removing both sections of leather. The shop forman then claims they can steam it and shrink it back, but won't do that till next week at the earliest. I refuse this fix and demand a new seat to fix their fuck up on my leather and the squeak in the seat. He then tells me I'm full of it and he personally drove the truck over 40 miles and he didn't hear a thing. At this point the shouting is getting loud and the president of the dealer comes over. We all agree to take a ride. What do you know. The mother fucking seat starts squeaking as we pull out of the driveway. They asked me if I would be willing to leave the truck with them another week to try and get Ford to pay for a seat. I decline and inform them I'll deal with Ford myself and the truck won't be back till the seat is sitting at the dealership.

WTF is wrong with these jackasses. I don't just blame the dealer. Ford isn't an innocent bystander in this. Does anyone have any advice how I should proceed with this matter. I've been dealing with a Customer Service Rep out of Houston and he ain't much help either. I've asked to speak to his supervisor and he claimed I'd get a call on Tuesday.

I have a xlt with no slider and no problems.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
      I have a xlt with no eluded and no problems.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
      Other than these two problems the truck is great. What I don't get is how they can take a simple rattle and squeak and instead of fixing it. Drag it out for 3 1/2 weeks and still can't fix the damn thing. I guess they don't even read their own TSB anymore. For as much as they have spent on me for a rental car they could of paid for the damn seat. It's just a matter of them being cheap asses. I don't know maybe other people just get frustrated and give up thus saving Ford money on warranties.

Comment

Ford has been great with me. Stick with corporate and demand something be done.
        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

call your union rep!!
          1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
            I have a xlt with no slider and no problems.

I have a Platinum Edition with pretty much every thing they offer, and it's freaking awesome.

Or my wife does, at least. I drive a stupid ass F250. With no problems...
            www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
              call your union rep!!
              I just spit orange juice across my desk.
              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Coming from the opinion of a former service advisor, your exaggerations don't help. I can refer you to a great service center, but I think your novel mentioned something about being in OK. I've dealt with literally a ton of F150's and have never heard of your problems. At least to the extent that a rubber grommet couldn't fix. For the rear window vibration...never heard about it.

The best thing you can do is establish when you take your truck in that you know that there is a problem that's been identified. Don't be a dick about it. Talk to the service manager directly but don't be a dick. If the Service Manager likes you, your car/truck will get in and out faster than anybody elses.
                "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

My 2010 Lariat had the same squeak. It was annoying as shit, but I never did anything about it. I have a 2011 Lariat now and I hope it doesn't start to squeak.

Comment

I'm glad my 98 GMC Sierra doesn't have any squeaks and rattles in it.

Comment

Damn you bitch about some useless shit dude. I would hate to ever deal with you. I wish customers like you had to wear a stamp on their forehead.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                        Damn you bitch about some useless shit dude. I would hate to ever deal with you. I wish customers like you had to wear a stamp on their forehead.
                        fuck that, you ever had a nice quiet comfy vehicle that had an annoying squeak/rattle? that shit will drive you ape shit!!!

now imagine you just paid $50k to be driven ape shit

fuck that, I'd be bitching too
                        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                          fuck that, you ever had a nice quiet comfy vehicle that had an annoying squeak/rattle? that shit will drive you ape shit!!!
                          now imagine you just paid $50k to be driven ape shit
                          fuck that, I'd be bitching too
                          x2

I did a lot of shopping back in 02 before I bought my current GMC full size...and the quality of the interior made 90% of the reason I bought a GM truck (I've used GM, Dodge, and Ford trucks at work) and even at the low-end work truck level..the GM trucks have always been the nicest, most comfortable, quiet, and well built interiors I have seen or used. If I paid over 30k for a truck...I would demand a certain level of quality. The dealer he used obviously has some customer service issues, but even more than that...I would question the build quality and consistency of their product if a 50 thousand dollar truck is having these issues.

Comment

It makes my blood boil just reading that.
                            Full time ninja editor.

Comment

I might have missed it. But what shit hole dealership was this?

Comment

Working...
                              X