Gota Love Ford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stunter Bob View Post
    I might have missed it. But what shit hole dealership was this?
    not mine.....
    BEWARE OF PEREZ TRANSPORT LLC
    BEWARE OF EXOTIC TRANSPORT
    Fernando Perez
    Alijandra Perez
    Mesquite, Texas
    214-680-1415

Comment

Take it to a different dealer. Be very nice and show the advisor right away.

Unless things have changed, you CANNOT get a full seat assy from Ford. In order to fix uour squeek, they are going to have to get the parts an assemble one, if that is what it takes.

I had the missfortune to have a rattle ticket on a Pathfinder when I was a tech, and the owner was a very cool dude, and worked for weeks to months out of the country, so I had plenty of time to fix it. The downside was it would come and go, and wouldn't be heard and then would come back.

It turned out to be a roof rack mounting bolt was dropped down the hle in the roof at the factory, and it would rattle around the roof chanel and then get stuck.

The moral of this story is that sometimes, shit happens, and being cool aboutgetting his truck fixed made me want to keep working even when it wouldn't rattle when it was stuck.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
        Cant blame ford for problems at a dealership. You just have to find a good service department. Every manufacture has crappy dealers and good ones.
        This. Dealerships can be uber douche, and it has nothing to do with the ford motor company. You can even get Ford involved and the dealer will be calling you, not the other way around. Under the right circumstances. Not sure if yours qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
          The seat is more annoying than the back glass was. The good thing about the rear glass is it only did it on a bumpy road. The seat does it if you run over a penny on the interstate. It's a high pitch chirp metal on metal sound. You can have the radio half way up and still hear it. This is with a subwoofer and all.
          You should have bought a used $2500 vehicle. It wouldn't bother you as much....

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
            ...I've dealt with literally a ton of F150's...
            So that's what, half of one F150?
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by saleen449 View Post
              not mine.....
              Strangely enough my dad had a similar experience with your service department last time it was in.

The bumper corners on his 2011 GT pull away from the quarter panel when the polymer is heated. The car was there overnight and most of the next day. Service claimed they could not replicate the issue so nothing was done. When it was driven out for pickup sure enough the bumper had been heated by the sun and the corners were pulling. My dad pointed it out and the guys response was "most people would not notice that". They offered to have a body guy look at it, but he could not go without the car any longer.

Maybe I should just print this out and leave it for them next time its in.

Repair and Service Help - Rear Bumper cover Fitememnt Correction. - I have a problem with my rear bumper cover, on the right hand side it won`t stay in place. On a hot day it won`t stay in at all, other days it snaps back in but pops out later. I thought I had this fixed a couple of months ago but its back with a...
              Last edited by NoClassic; 01-01-2012, 11:15 AM.

Comment

There is a reason I traded in my F150 for a Dodge. 88k miles and no squeaks, rattles, or issues.
                www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                  WTF?? $50k truck making rattles? I would be raising hell just as bad.

Well honestly Im not enough of an idiot to pay $50k for a truck, but if I was, then I would raise hell.
                  Agree with the first part.

The second part no, paying $50K for a truck does not make someone an idiot. How others spend their disposable income is their business, and just think of the shot in the arm such purchases give to the U.S. economy compared to the meager $16K I spent on our last new vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by 12second5.0 View Post
                    You should have bought a used $2500 vehicle. It wouldn't bother you as much....
                    lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      Damn you bitch about some useless shit dude. I would hate to ever deal with you. I wish customers like you had to wear a stamp on their forehead.
                      $50k truck should not have a squeaking seat or any noise out of the ordinary. You pay that much for a truck, you expect quality. I have had a few chevys that had a squeak in the drivers seat. They fixed them with no problem. It will drive you nuts over time. Dealer should step up and correct the problem without giving him any shit what so ever. If they don't, then they are crooked and should be run out of business..

Comment

Quit-cher bitchin. Dropping that much coin on a truck was your first mistake. Thinking the dealer would fix a squeak was your second mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                          Blue Bonnet Ford in New Braunfels.

To the people questioning the rear window. The problem with the rear glass wasn't the slider it was the glass on the passanger side. Seems Ford has a known problem with this glass flexing from the cab moving. The shop forman asked if I ever had the problem with the third brake light leaking. I said sure thing my truck started leaking water inside the cab when it was 3 days old. He then blamed the glass on the dealership that fixed the leak. I just lauged and asked him how you damage a seal on the back glass by removing the third brake light and installing a gasket that the factory forgot to put in. That's the kind of shit you get these days. They want to blow smoke up your ass and I guess most folks are dumb enough to buy into it. You know if the truck had 30k miles on it and squeaked and rattled I wouldn't say shit. But this crap started when it had 300 miles on it and the damn thing isn't even 3 months old. So yeah I'm going to be an asshole after getting dicked around.

hmmm my 09 just started to leak at the rear window passagner side. sucks im out of warranty, you have any of the bulletins or anything you could pm me?

Comment

wasn't there a story about a car having a rattle and when it was all found out, there was a box end wrench wired inside the c pillar or something like that?
                            http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
                              wasn't there a story about a car having a rattle and when it was all found out, there was a box end wrench wired inside the c pillar or something like that?
                              never heard that one, but i had an F-150 2003 super crew that had a washer tied to a piece of string behind the back carpet covering just below the rear window that i had to dis-assemble the entire back half of the damn truck to find....pissed me off

Comment

Originally posted by appelingogt View Post
                                never heard that one, but i had an F-150 2003 super crew that had a washer tied to a piece of string behind the back carpet covering just below the rear window that i had to dis-assemble the entire back half of the damn truck to find....pissed me off
                                WTF? Guess it was just some dumbass employee playing prankster.

Comment

Working...
                                X