Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
    x2

I did a lot of shopping back in 02 before I bought my current GMC full size...and the quality of the interior made 90% of the reason I bought a GM truck (I've used GM, Dodge, and Ford trucks at work) and even at the low-end work truck level..the GM trucks have always been the nicest, most comfortable, quiet, and well built interiors I have seen or used. If I paid over 30k for a truck...I would demand a certain level of quality. The dealer he used obviously has some customer service issues, but even more than that...I would question the build quality and consistency of their product if a 50 thousand dollar truck is having these issues.
    seriously? all my chevrolets made noise.. a pair of 3rd gen camaros, a 30th anniversary z, 2000 1500 silverado.. and my 06 f150 with 115k on it is still dead silent inside to the point where you can hear the links in my watch rattling. The weather seals are much nicer too, as the silverado had stupid wind noise on the highway - even after replacing them at ~100k.

crazy how quality control can vary so greatly by each vehicle.

Comment

Sliders suck. On a bumpy road or when you add a subwoofer they really suck. I would have a solid back glass. Get the driver seat replaced and you're done. There is no reason that someone who knows how to properly install the seat cover should not have it back on correctly either.

I guess you saved money by not going to Skip.

Comment

Originally posted by Stunter Bob View Post
        I might have missed it. But what shit hole dealership was this?
        Blue Bonnet Ford in New Braunfels.

To the people questioning the rear window. The problem with the rear glass wasn't the slider it was the glass on the passanger side. Seems Ford has a known problem with this glass flexing from the cab moving. The shop forman asked if I ever had the problem with the third brake light leaking. I said sure thing my truck started leaking water inside the cab when it was 3 days old. He then blamed the glass on the dealership that fixed the leak. I just lauged and asked him how you damage a seal on the back glass by removing the third brake light and installing a gasket that the factory forgot to put in. That's the kind of shit you get these days. They want to blow smoke up your ass and I guess most folks are dumb enough to buy into it. You know if the truck had 30k miles on it and squeaked and rattled I wouldn't say shit. But this crap started when it had 300 miles on it and the damn thing isn't even 3 months old. So yeah I'm going to be an asshole after getting dicked around.

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
          call your union rep!!
          Why? I'll get better results by calling my union lawyer.

Comment

Sounds like a piss poor dealership. I'd be pissed as well about the leather removal after telling them you didn't want to go that way. As much as vehicles cost these days, nothing is out of bounds as far as bitching. I've Never had a bad experience at any dealership to this extreme Chevy or Ford. Maybe try another one somewhere else and tell them the problems you had at the first one? Give them a shot at the fix and don't go there looking for a fight.

side note: wife's 07 tahoe was purchased new and has this annoying ass rattle that will make you suicidal when driving if your not used to it.
            -Blaine

Comment

If the leather had to be removed, it had to be removed. I can understand being upset if they didn't put it back properly, but you can't tell someone to fix your car and then curtail how they are able to do it.

Comment

Piss poor service from the dealer. Find a new one even if it is out of town. I had a similar issue with a Ford dealer concerning one of our ambulances. There was a weird sound in the engine. Multiple times into service, and they kept saying the same thing: "That year motor always makes that noise". Thing is, it was still under the power train / engine warranty. I finally got pissed off and took it to diesel guru I was told about. He comes out, listens, and says :Yep, it is a solenoid for the torque converter." Thought the sumbitch was crazy until he showed me the TSB from 1998, which is the year this rig was made. The TSB described everything to a T, and gave troubleshooting tips too. Do this, this and this and if the noise goes away, this is the problem. So , needless to say, after we got the rig fixed, if I could avoid the dealership for any repairs, I did.

This isn't just confined to Ford either. There are dealerships like that everywhere, with every make.

Comment

I alwayd love the "we cant duplicate the sound excuse". If i didnt have a noisy, why would i be taking time from work and my personal life to visit the fatass dealership counterboy.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                    I alwayd love the "we cant duplicate the sound excuse". If i didnt have a noisy, why would i be taking time from work and my personal life to visit the fatass dealership counterboy.
                    Yea No shit right. They asked me why I keep bring my truck in over a sound they can't duplicate. Mind you this is from the guy that has road in the truck with me and has heard the sound 3 different times. I laughed and told him it's because I enjoy driving Focus rental cars more than my King Ranch Truck. He then proceeded to tell me how nice his Focus was. This is how dumb these bastards are.

Comment

Just bought a used ford truck last night
                      Originally posted by Da Prez
                      Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                      Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Fucken rattles/squeaks suck ass. My 10 GT has the same issues, to the point of I don't want another Stang again. It's been in for service, they either can't fix it, or say they did but it does the same thing... Someone needs to make a decent vert, my car choices are too limited!

Comment

That sucks man. Grapevine Ford has always treated me great and fixed my issues. From sales to service.

Comment

To the person that owns and or is paying the monthly payment for a high dollar vehicle is going to hear EVERY squeek, tick, tap, rattle etc. The mechanic, service advisor, manager etc that does not have to make that $800 (example here only) payment will not hear it cause that payment or total ticket is not in the back of his head. Try dealing with Porsche owners. To the owner the problem is legit. It is just human nature. The difference is how it is dealt with.

The fact they did not consult with Ford or their rep or even the TSBs is where they failed.

Have you requested to meet the Ford rep for your region? If not I would do that. He/She will be the person that will bridge the gap between what Ford Customer Service (read: here let me tell you what you want to hear to get you off the phone) and the dealer.

Being jacked around over the actual service performed would have forced me to drive the truck through the shop walls.

Your complaints would not stand up to lemon law but the dealer may believe you are establishing history so you can attempt to go that route; buyers remorse. Trust me, I had a women in Bossier do just this. Turns out she pulled the same shit with the Dodge dealer 2 years earlier.

As a former advisor; a customer who can get Ford to authorize the R&R of a leather seat would just tickle me silly. I would be making 5-6% of the p&l for the repair. Sure we will get that on order and replaced as soon as it gets here. Which makes me wonder why they did not do that for you.

Here is a tip. Go to a new dealer, bring donuts, put the advisor and the service manager in your pocket and promise perfect satisfaction surveys and they will suck your dick on the drive in front of their own wives.
                            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I guess you could print out the TSBs and bring them to a dealer. The third brake light leaking has been an issue since 2004 on the F150. I'm sure they did not forget to install the foam gasket.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                                Just bought a used ford truck last night
                                I wouldn't be too sad I'm on my 3rd Ford truck (2 F150's 1 F250) and I haven't had any issues like this. My F250 is almost 3 months old as well and I've already got 7500 miles on it.

If you want to hear some rattles and squeaks come drive one of our extended cab chevy work trucks lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X