Sleep Apnea - Sleep Studys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleep Apnea - Sleep Studys

So... I just did the in home sleep test.

Dr called me back and said i have Severe sleep apnea. Makes sense cause im always tired. Only reason i went to get checked was because i could feel myself choking in the middle of the night, also my snoring problem.

Next step is a sleep test in their lab.

Has anyone done this ? What should i expect ? will i be more energized ?

as it stands, i am in bed at 9:30 and get out of bed at like 6:30am... too long to feel this tired.

Hector

no personal experience, though a coworker went in a couple years back, and they woke him up after an hour and told him to go home, they had what they needed already! He got a cpap machine and after a week or so to get used to it, he claims it's the best thing that's ever happened to him.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      no personal experience, though a coworker went in a couple years back, and they woke him up after an hour and told him to go home, they had what they needed already! He got a cpap machine and after a week or so to get used to it, he claims it's the best thing that's ever happened to him.
      Thats good news.. I hope i can say the same.

im much too young to feel this damn old

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        no personal experience either, but a former coworker went in a couple years back and died

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          no personal experience either, but a former coworker went in a couple years back and died

Comment

The basic concept is that you are not getting enough oxygen while sleeping, and the cpap machine ensures you do. That way you get a deeper, more restful sleep.

Comment

just like all science and medicine it's a crock of shit designed to get you to spend more money.

I prescribe half a bottle of whiskey a night, and you'll sleep like a baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                The basic concept is that you are not getting enough oxygen while sleeping, and the cpap machine ensures you do. That way you get a deeper, more restful sleep and not DIE.
                I added a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  I added a little bit.
                  Haha, yeah, that too.

Comment

I need to get a sleep study done. I feel the same way and get plenty of sleep and snore like a freight train

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
                    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                      I need to get a sleep study done. I feel the same way and get plenty of sleep and snore like a freight train

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
                      I believe snoring is one of the most common symptoms / indicators of sleep apnea.

I have also seen mouthpieces that can be used that supposedly help too. They keep your lower jaw in a more forward position to help keep the airway open.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                        just like all science and medicine it's a crock of shit designed to get you to spend more money.

I prescribe half a bottle of whiskey a night, and you'll sleep like a baby.
                        This is called the Bonham Hendrix Apnea treatment.

It definitely does give you a nice long sleep.

Comment

I was snoring a lot and would wake up in the middle of the night gasping for air and feeling like I had been holding my breath. I didn't want a stupid mask on my face at night, so I put it off for a long time. Finally, to shut up the old lady, I went to the doc, who was pretty sure I had sleep apnea. I did the at home study, and they determined that I do NOT have sleep apnea. To have it, apparently you have to stop breathing for a certain amount of time for a certain number of times per hour, and I wasn't even close to that number. So, just a snoring issue, but no apnea, which means insurance isn't going to cover anything that might help with the snoring.

I noticed that sleeping on firmer mattresses on vacations, while not initially as comfortable as my really soft mattress at home, would result in much better rest and little to no complaints about snoring from the wife. So, we bought a new, much firmer mattress, and things have improved a lot. I'm back at the in-laws this week, where we left the old soft mattress, and I don't like it at all. Just way too damn soft.

So anyway, my advice for snoring is to try a firmer mattress. I'm not a doctor, though, so you probably should get the machine if you have sleep apnea. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                            Good luck!

Thanks

I just got a Tempurpedic too ... its super soft. I think this may also be a problem.

Comment

Losing 80lbs cured my snoring and sleep apnea
                              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                              X