No announcement yet.

Sleep Apnea - Sleep Studys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad went through it. He was BAD, a Cpap wasn't strong enough, he needed a Bipap. His energy levels skyrocketed after he got his.

Comment

I got tested about 4 years ago. Got a cpap and it has worked great. I was told surgery wasn't even an option for me. So I just keep using the cpap. I've been looking into other options but haven't found anything that works yet. If the operation is an option you you dude I'd say go for that. The cpap is kind of a pain in the ass. You have to haul it around with you every time you travel and that's a headache. Also you have to keep spending money on hoses, masks, filters, water, cleaner and a new machine if something happens to the one you have and it will. Plus you have to get regular sleep study's to make sure the pressure is still good or do you need less or more. I could go on and on. Good luck with this.

Comment

I've been using CPAP for about a year now and can attest that it's worth the hassle. If you can use the nasal pillows (as opposed to mask) it's much more comfortable. Getting the pressure right is tricky though. I suffer from year round allergies and they wreak havoc on my CPAP efficiency.

Also concur with the bourbon enhancement.

David

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
          I've been using CPAP for about a year now and can attest that it's worth the hassle. If you can use the nasal pillows (as opposed to mask) it's much more comfortable. Getting the pressure right is tricky though. I suffer from year round allergies and they wreak havoc on my CPAP efficiency.

Also concur with the bourbon enhancement.

David
          Bulliet or Knob Creek ?

Comment

Originally posted by HECDOGGIE View Post
            Bulliet or Knob Creek ?
            Of those two, Bulliet. But my go-to is Ridgemont Reserve 1792, in copious proportions.

David

Comment

obvious choice is obvious...

Knob Creek
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Hah, it's all fun and games until you get to a point that you can't get to sleep without it.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                  Hah, it's all fun and games until you get to a point that you can't get to sleep without it.
                  so just like people taking Ambien or other "Sleep Aids" every night?

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                    the worst part for me was waking up a 1,2,3AM after it wore off
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                      so just like people taking Ambien or other "Sleep Aids" every night?
                      yeah, but aaron's an alcoholic.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                        yeah, but aaron's an alcoholic.
                        or a quitter!

Comment

I must be lucky, I sleep like a fucking stone.

It is very surprising the number of DFWMers using oxygen therapy. I didn't think we were getting that old. Well, except David.
                          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                            I must be lucky, I sleep like a fucking stone.

It is very surprising the number of DFWMers using oxygen therapy. I didn't think we were getting that old. Well, except David.
                            We're all fat asses!

Comment

We're all fat asses!
                              Its funny because its true!

Comment

We're all fat asses!
                                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
                                X