Kid haulers/mom mobiles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
    All SUV's are unstable if you yank the wheel around like a jackanapes.
    lmfao!
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by White94Cobra View Post
      Got my wife an 05 Cayenne Turbo about 3 years ago. It's been fantastic and has tons of safety features (mainly parking sensors for her lol) and is a blast to drive. It came with quite a few other nice bells and whistles too, adjustable air ride height, heated steering wheel and all heated seats and on and on.
      My biggest complaint would be the fuel mileage at about 14 mpg in town. It's a nice little SUV, and you would be selling yourself short if you at least didn't go drive one, especially for the money they can be had for now.
      Yeah, most people don't know what they are missing till you drive something different and better. I have to refrain from driving the wife's cayenne, especially in sport mode. I would have speeding tickets all over.

Tire and shock selection make drastic changes in these land behemoths. Trying to find one to satisfy a woman is like trying to pick which which drink to order at a bar....different tastes for different folks.

DJ, if you got a woman happy with a 270k mile expedition, you got a women with specific low expectations! Don't let her get away!

Comment

^^^thats the exact reason I won't drive many luxury cars^^^

I don't want to confuse want with need, and I definitely don't want to let myself get carried away with those luxuries. I am very happy with my explorer, and it does everything I ask of it, I wouldn't treat a luxury vehicle the same way...which is bad. I need my car to work for me while I'm not worried about hurting it.

Fight club said it best..."we buy things we don't need..."

If an explorer ir tahoe is too rough of a ride for you, then something else is wrong lol.

I understand the purpose of luxury SUVs however, and cost benefit from a functional standpoint is not one of them. Unless your function is similar to sales and you rely on it to impress people.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
          Yeah, most people don't know what they are missing till you drive something different and better. I have to refrain from driving the wife's cayenne, especially in sport mode. I would have speeding tickets all over.

Tire and shock selection make drastic changes in these land behemoths. Trying to find one to satisfy a woman is like trying to pick which which drink to order at a bar....different tastes for different folks.

DJ, if you got a woman happy with a 270k mile expedition, you got a women with specific low expectations! Don't let her get away!
          Hell, she married me, that should say it all.

I keep calling this her interim ride. It's more or less a test vehicle. Her aunt watches our kids during the day, and has been using her highlander during the day to tote the kids around and whatnot. The problem I have with that is her daughter, a college freshman, doesnt have any desire to get her driver's license or her own car. So my (wife's) car gets to shuttle her worthless whore of a daughter around town a couple times a day. We're done with that deal in a couple of months when school gets out (wife is a high school teacher) and when school starts the oldest is going to pre-k and the son in day care. We'll be selling her highlander at that point and Ill watch for a nice lower mile expedition to roll through the auction.

I mostly wanted to get her to drive one and make sure that she liked it before I was stuck with something she didnt like and have to try again.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            I understand the purpose of luxury SUVs however, and cost benefit from a functional standpoint is not one of them. Unless your function is similar to sales and you rely on it to impress people.
            What about people that buy a luxury SUV with diminished utility? About once a month it wish I had gotten the Explorer, but for the most part I love the X4, and we use it as intended, trips to Home Depot, drives in the snow, even a little 4-whelin'. Got home from a business trip not long ago, and got picked up from the airport with melted chocolate in the passenger seat. When you boil it down, it's just a vehicle, why buy something and not use it as designed?

I totally agree with the other side of that coin too, it'd take a severe financial impact to get me back in non-luxo model. I have been totally diggin' that new GT350 though, so hope isn't all lost. heh

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
              What about people that buy a luxury SUV with diminished utility? WHen you boil it down, it's just a vehicle, why buy something and not use it as designed?
              Is this the anti barg? lol
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                Is this the anti barg? lol
                I guess the point of that was to more so state the obvious, that I bought what I liked, not the best value.

It's a glorified Honda Crosstour, so we abuse it like a glorified Crosstour.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                  What about people that buy a luxury SUV with diminished utility? About once a month it wish I had gotten the Explorer, but for the most part I love the X4, and we use it as intended, trips to Home Depot, drives in the snow, even a little 4-whelin'. Got home from a business trip not long ago, and got picked up from the airport with melted chocolate in the passenger seat. When you boil it down, it's just a vehicle, why buy something and not use it as designed?

I totally agree with the other side of that coin too, it'd take a severe financial impact to get me back in non-luxo model. I have been totally diggin' that new GT350 though, so hope isn't all lost. heh
                  My point was along the lines of not knowing what you're missing. If you have to make the statement that you don't know what you're missing until you try it...then you're actually not missing anything. Hence why I won't try them.

And I'm quite different now I guess. I make nearly twice what I did just 4 years ago and still have no desire to drive a car to impress someone else, so I don't see financial status either way being a big decider. My car now is no pricier than the mustang i had before. Whether its true or not, thats nearly all I will ever see those level of luxury cars as...showmanship of a badge. Trying to say I made it.

Now why you're driving a fancy crosstard....I can never answer that lol. And I agree...drive what you want, but don't try to justify it to someone for a reason other than the reality.

Also keep in mind I'm still late 20s, so a lot of the people I see driving these luxury cats aren't making all that much, but want to put off that vibe. My opinion is a bit skewed by my surroundings.

Comment

I'm not trying to impress anyone, I live 1,700 miles away from everyone that I care about (who I have no interest in impressing anyway), my clients have no clue as to what I drive, and I'm in my wife's old Fusion half the time.

The motor is butter smooth, and the fit and finish is top-notch. Honestly, part of me thinks that it's not quite worth the premium over that of a comparable Ford/Chevy, but the bigger part of me is grateful to be an a position to justify the added expense. It's the one luxury that I do allow myself, I still fly coach for heaven's sake!

Comment

I got my wife a 2013 300s Hemi. Nice and fun car but sucks gas like we live in the middle east.

Comment

I have an LX570 now that I'm daily driving. It's very comfortable, but major overkill for commuting on DFW highways. That said, I went camping with some buddies this past weekend and it was driving through mud that got a modified/lifted Jeep Wrangler stuck, so that was pretty fun.

For kid hauling though, it sucks. The live rear axle means power fold down seats that come out of the side in the back and take up cargo space in the meantime. Also, the middle seat doesn't have that much legroom. It also gets about 14.5mpg in mixed driving. It's very quiet, comfortable, and rides smooth though. It will also do 137mph flat out (governed top speed) bone stock and feel stable and quiet while doing it. That's pretty cool for a 6,000lb SUV.
                        Ford
                        GM
                        Toyota
                        VAG

Comment

x5m 555hp
                          Ded

Comment

It's not a matter of trying to impress anyone either, it was the fact that I could either get a twin turbo Porsche or an equivalent year and miles Tahoe/Yukon or Explorer. It was a very simple choice to make.

Comment

It's not a matter of trying to impress anyone either, it was the fact that I could either get a twin turbo Porsche or an equivalent year and miles Tahoe/Yukon or Explorer. It was a very simple choice to make.
                              Yep, we got our Cayenne for less than a 3rd of what the original owner paid which was well north of $95k. No way would we buy one new. It was a treat for her hard work in nursing school. We now have the cayenne and the 911 for less than half the monthly cost of a new F250. The funny thing is that all the cars we currently own are older than the ones we got rid of! Hell, my daily is an 87 suburban! More toys for less!

Comment

Damn they go for $20-30k? That's a hell of a ride for that price

Comment

Working...
                                X