Kid haulers/mom mobiles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
    well arent you just becoming quite the hipster!
    Nothing to do with being hip, everything to do with my car getting hit repeatedly by people in 19 foot long SUVs for their daily commute to the office alone.

Comment

Can't beat a 2007 to 2009 escalade ESV until the expensive electronic bits start failing. Why anyone wastes money on a crappy riding and dangerously short wheelbase Tahoe is beyond me.

When we started looking at SUV's for the wife a year ago, we almost got back into an ESV, but also looked at 3.6L Caddy SRX's and nearly pulled that trigger until we drove an 08 Cayenne GTS with 60k on the clock. THAT is what an SUV should be like. Parts are not that bad considering it is a Toureg and most of the problems have been figured out by cheapskates. We were fortunate and had a significant trade in so we only had to finance around $10k with the expensive warranty but we will drive this thing till it falls apart. Nicest thing we have ever owned. Liked it so much, we just got rid of our STi and bought a 2004 911 with only 30k on the clock for the track.

you can find good deals on the SRX's but get the one with the 3.6L and not the 3.0L which is a dog. Also don't rule out Touregs...built more like a truck and has european feel.

You asked for Ballers so....

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
        Nothing to do with being hip, everything to do with my car getting hit repeatedly by people in 19 foot long SUVs for their daily commute to the office alone.
        Did you take your scarf and beanie of before you typed that?
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Odessey or Sienna - will beat any of the mentioned vehicles in any category except towing and showing off to neighbors. Handles better, rides smoother, easier to navigate in a parking lot, better mpg.

Just ugly and uncool - but perfect for kid hauling.

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the the pursuit of happiness......, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive to these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,
          I'm posting from my phone, probably while driving. Expect typoes.......

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
            Can't beat a 2007 to 2009 escalade ESV until the expensive electronic bits start failing. Why anyone wastes money on a crappy riding and dangerously short wheelbase Tahoe is beyond me.

When we started looking at SUV's for the wife a year ago, we almost got back into an ESV, but also looked at 3.6L Caddy SRX's and nearly pulled that trigger until we drove an 08 Cayenne GTS with 60k on the clock. THAT is what an SUV should be like. Parts are not that bad considering it is a Toureg and most of the problems have been figured out by cheapskates. We were fortunate and had a significant trade in so we only had to finance around $10k with the expensive warranty but we will drive this thing till it falls apart. Nicest thing we have ever owned. Liked it so much, we just got rid of our STi and bought a 2004 911 with only 30k on the clock for the track.

you can find good deals on the SRX's but get the one with the 3.6L and not the 3.0L which is a dog. Also don't rule out Touregs...built more like a truck and has european feel.

You asked for Ballers so....
            07 up Tahoe's don't ride bad... not sure where you got that. Maybe compared to some vehicles I guess as I haven't drove some of what you listed. It rides as good as the equivalent escalade IMO... nothing significant at least to be worth the luxury tax of Caddy.

You also think they are VERY unsafe? That's news to me but definitely worth a listen as no reason to put a family in something dangerous.

Then you end w/ Touregs... very small and maintenance nightmares. That one statement alone made me disregard most of what you said.

Comment

Why anyone wastes money on a crappy riding and dangerously short wheelbase Tahoe is beyond me.
              ha. dude.....please.

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Land Cruiser is my ride of choice.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                  ha. dude.....please.

god bless.
                  They aren't as bad as a first or second gen explorer but they are significantly more unstable than a longer wheelbase burban. I've driven shorty escalades with the 18" and 22" wheels and the 18's feel terrible with the spongy sidewalls. It can come down to the tires and whether they have air. An LT tire with 75# of air will be better than a non-truck tire with 30#. Even an OEM Monroe shock compared to a bilstein can be a huge difference. Most of the Tahoe's out there are on those cheap ass general tires when they really should be in an LT tire. Hell, 2wd and 4wd expeditions are totally different but I haven't driven a 2010+ in a long while.

All cars are maintenance nightmares if not maintained and some people just regurgitate shit they read on the internet or were told as a kid in 1981. I've owned, driven and worked on just about everything on the planet and 90% of the stories you here about "crappy cars" is just a person with unreasonable expectations or terrible ownership skills bitching just to be bitching.

Comment

Got my wife an 05 Cayenne Turbo about 3 years ago. It's been fantastic and has tons of safety features (mainly parking sensors for her lol) and is a blast to drive. It came with quite a few other nice bells and whistles too, adjustable air ride height, heated steering wheel and all heated seats and on and on.
                    My biggest complaint would be the fuel mileage at about 14 mpg in town. It's a nice little SUV, and you would be selling yourself short if you at least didn't go drive one, especially for the money they can be had for now.

Comment

They aren't as bad as a first or second gen explorer but they are significantly more unstable than a longer wheelbase burban. I've driven shorty escalades with the 18" and 22" wheels and the 18's feel terrible with the spongy sidewalls. It can come down to the tires and whether they have air. An LT tire with 75# of air will be better than a non-truck tire with 30#. Even an OEM Monroe shock compared to a bilstein can be a huge difference. Most of the Tahoe's out there are on those cheap ass general tires when they really should be in an LT tire. Hell, 2wd and 4wd expeditions are totally different but I haven't driven a 2010+ in a long while.

All cars are maintenance nightmares if not maintained and some people just regurgitate shit they read on the internet or were told as a kid in 1981. I've owned, driven and worked on just about everything on the planet and 90% of the stories you here about "crappy cars" is just a person with unreasonable expectations or terrible ownership skills bitching just to be bitching.
                      Funny you say that. I brought her home an 06 suburban, and she hated it. In fact, I couldnt get her to drive it more than one day to work. She didnt like anything about it other than the size of the cargo area. I dont like the way they ride, but it rides like a big long suburban.

I have her in a 270k mile 02 Expedition XLT Sport at the moment, and she absolutely loves it.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

The only thing unsafe about my wife's Tahoe is it is always hitting stuff--deer, dogs, other cars....

It's an '07 with 5.3 and has been great with zero mechancial issues. Turning radius is great for a vehicle of its size. It rides great. Gas mileage is unknown because in true DFWM baller style, we don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDumbRedneck View Post
                          The only thing unsafe about my wife's Tahoe is it is always hitting stuff--deer, dogs, other cars....

It's an '07 with 5.3 and has been great with zero mechancial issues. Turning radius is great for a vehicle of its size. It rides great. Gas mileage is unknown because in true DFWM baller style, we don't care.
                          That's one thing that I like. The Tahoe can bust a U turn better than the Explorer.

Comment

All SUV's are unstable if you yank the wheel around like a jackanapes.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                              All SUV's are unstable if you yank the wheel around like a jackanapes.
                              They will all change direction if you turn the wheel also.

Comment

Bullcrap!

Comment

Working...
                                X