Kid haulers/mom mobiles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by White94Cobra View Post
    It's not a matter of trying to impress anyone either, it was the fact that I could either get a twin turbo Porsche or an equivalent year and miles Tahoe/Yukon or Explorer. It was a very simple choice to make.
    You're saying that the Porsche was seriously the same price as an equal year model explorer? Thats awesome! I would think there would be relatively large disparities unless repair bills are a major concern but that doesn't seem the case if its truly a taureg.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      I make nearly twice what I did just 4 years ago and still have no desire to drive a car to impress someone else....

....drive what you want, but don't try to justify it to someone for a reason other than the reality.
      That's a pretty narrow-minded assumption. When we were looking for cars for my wife when her lease on her Mini Cooper was up, we looked at everything, drove everything. She was dead-set on an Infiniti Q50 or Lexus IS 250, but I made her drive all mid-sized sedans in the segment. She ended up liking some of the Hondas, Toyotas, and other lower-priced sedans. We found a CPO Acura TL, and when we drove it, it was her favorite of them all. She would have just as quickly gone with the Accord, as they were almost exactly the same price; however, the Acura won out because of the comfort and extra features for the same price, and I agreed with her decision.

It's not just about driving an Acura vs. a Honda, or a Lexus vs. a Toyota. The Acura just had that little bit of extra comfort and convenience, and was the same price as the Accord, so we went with it.

Comment

All fancy European cars get cheap once they are out of warranty. Look at 5 year old AMG Benz rides for an example. The reason is repair cost, a major fix like a transmission will crush most people who would own a five year old car. That is all priced in.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
          All fancy European cars get cheap once they are out of warranty. Look at 5 year old AMG Benz rides for an example. The reason is repair cost, a major fix like a transmission will crush most people who would own a five year old car. That is all priced in.
          Exactly...if you're getting it for the same price as a non luxo equivalent because its 8 years old...you're still paying a higher cost of ownership.

There is nothing wrong with buying a badge, but let's call a spade a spade here.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, there is some value there for car guys who solve their own problems. Just realize that there is a reason why you can buy a 2005 E55 Benz for $15,000 and that reason is that an alternator costs $400.
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              Don't get me wrong, there is some value there for car guys who solve their own problems. Just realize that there is a reason why you can buy a 2005 E55 Benz for $15,000 and that reason is that an alternator costs $400.
              Exactly!!!
              07 GT500
              05 SRT10
              88 turbocoupe T-bird
              93 Cobra
              86 coupe
              Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                That's a pretty narrow-minded assumption. When we were looking for cars for my wife when her lease on her Mini Cooper was up, we looked at everything, drove everything. She was dead-set on an Infiniti Q50 or Lexus IS 250, but I made her drive all mid-sized sedans in the segment. She ended up liking some of the Hondas, Toyotas, and other lower-priced sedans. We found a CPO Acura TL, and when we drove it, it was her favorite of them all. She would have just as quickly gone with the Accord, as they were almost exactly the same price; however, the Acura won out because of the comfort and extra features for the same price, and I agreed with her decision.

It's not just about driving an Acura vs. a Honda, or a Lexus vs. a Toyota. The Acura just had that little bit of extra comfort and convenience, and was the same price as the Accord, so we went with it.
                That's good you found one that was exactly the same in years/miles/condition for the same price. It's rare to find an acura/lexus at the same price as the honda or toyota when truly comparing apples to apples.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                  That's good you found one that was exactly the same in years/miles/condition for the same price. It's rare to find an acura/lexus at the same price as the honda or toyota when truly comparing apples to apples.
                  I agree, and we were lucky. The car's been absolutely solid.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                    go price some 07+ 4-runners next to the same year model GX460.

Comment

Are they the same? I don't price or know everything under the sun...but know what is typically true. I didn't even know they were the same thing but the 4runner looks 10x better and has a great following.

Comment

Working...
                      X