Kid haulers/mom mobiles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kid haulers/mom mobiles?

Wife wants something larger than her highlander, been looking at expeditions/tahoes etc.

What's the DFWM baller in crowd got in the garage for toting kids around? We're looking at pros and cons of differnt options, so a short review from actual owners would be cool.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

I loved my Expedition. A friend of mine has the newer body style and loves his as well. Hasn't had any issues with it that weren't routine or preventative maintenance.

When I was married we also had an 03 Yukon XL, and loved that thing also. Yukon was definitely more comfortable, had absolutely no issues at all. My Expy had some minor issues (coil packs, window motors, etc) up until the engine replacement, but that thing lived a hard life and was more reflective of the mileage and hard driving than anything.

I take that back on the Yukon. It did have the rattle in the steering (intermediate steering shaft). It didn't bother me enough to replace it though.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      I loved my Expedition. A friend of mine has the newer body style and loves his as well. Hasn't had any issues with it that weren't routine or preventative maintenance.

When I was married we also had an 03 Yukon XL, and loved that thing also. Yukon was definitely more comfortable, had absolutely no issues at all. My Expy had some minor issues (coil packs, window motors, etc) up until the engine replacement, but that thing lived a hard life and was more reflective of the mileage and hard driving than anything.
      what year was yours?
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Power stroke Ford Excursion

Comment

Originally posted by baron von crowder View Post
          what year was yours?
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
            Power stroke Ford Excursion
            Ive tried like hell. She wont drive a suburban because it's too big. If I bought an excursion, I would happily drive it and look for something else for her, but that's not what Im trying to do.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              I picked up a high mile 02 last night for her to drive for a couple weeks/months before I sell hers and buy a newer/nicer/better one. She's (at this point at least) leaning towards the Expedition. I dont mind spending 1500 to keep from wasting 7-8k.

Comment

Expedition EL

The extra space in the ass end is really worth having.

Comment

The old lady's 07 Tahoe has been awesome, minus a torn motor mount. Decent mpg's even though she drives like a fucking top fuel dragster.

Comment

I had the wife test drive mini-vans, SUVs of every flavor, and trucks. She decided on and we bought a crew cab truck for the family hauler (which I'm very happy about). Thought process was the interior didn't feel too big, and we get the bed for the cargo/luggage hauling. I'm going to put a tonneau cover on it so she can use it like a big trunk.
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

The woman has a 03 Tahoe Z71 with over 180k on it... It's been great, I've had to do very little to it in the 140k miles she's put on it. It does need some stuff, the transfer case solenoid needs to be replaced which is normal on these trucks but oddly it still works most of the time, just gives a message after using 4wd that it needs service. It does burn a little oil, to the point where it's usually around 1qt low at oil change time. I had to replace the driver's leather seat bottom on it. The seat heaters have stopped working due to a short/burn in the element. I replaced the alternator/belt a month or so ago, they were original. Brakes got replaced last year... It's been a great SUV, I'm gonna miss it, but maybe I'll just buy myself one.
                      Originally posted by stevo
                      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

New Explorer?
                        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

And just from experience, DO NOT buy a really nice kid hauler. Kids are messy and destroy shit.

Comment

I loved my tahoe....that is till the wife totaled it :-(

Originally posted by DOHCTR
                            You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Mine has a '11 Mazda CX-9. Seats 7, good mileage, good utility, but it started pretty loaded, and depreciating like a GM product.

It has ~70k miles, so relatively "new". No issues. Does transmit road noise more than it should. That's the closest I have to a complaint other than the fast depreciation.
                              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                              86 SVO - Sold
                              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Working...
                              X