Local Dealership has 5 Nissian GTR's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
    I was about to buy one locally 2010 for 60k guy wanted to get rid of it before divorce. Great deal but called insurance before purchasing. One of the most expensive cars to insure.

12 5.0 1280 a year.
    10 GTR 5250 a year.
    Sum ting Wong

Comment

I've heard replacement parts are chooo chooo chooo $$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
        Very true. I'm waiting for someone to mention a GT500. Not only will a GTR smoke it in a drag race, it will double smoke it on a road course.
        '13 Zr1? The ZR1/GTR are pretty-much identical in MSRP.

Comment

Much like the ZR1, at the end of the day it's just a Nissan/Chevy. If I'm paying north of 100k for a car, it's going to have some pedigree.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
            Much like the ZR1, at the end of the day it's just a Nissan/Chevy. If I'm paying north of 100k for a car, it's going to have some pedigree.

No shit, I'm not buying a new one, BUT both are impressive brand new cars with warranties. I think the ZR1 is 5 or 6 years/100k miles? Not bad for a 650HP car.

Comment

100k for a new car only? I'll take an M5, stat.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                lol @ ZR1 or GT-R not enough 'pedigree'

Both will whip the ass of any exotic at that price point.
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  100k for a new car only? I'll take an M5, stat.
                  I was at the Mexican joint down the road with a friend last night, walked-out, and there was a brand new black/black 4 door BMW parked right out front. It didn't really jump out at me, but was a very stunning subtle car. I noticed how wide/dished the rear wheels were and walked-around to the back, it was an M5. I even made the comment to my friend "You know that's a $100k car you just walked by!" lol

Comment

love the GTR but wouldnt/couldnt ever buy one new and they seem to hang on to value used. too much $ to buy, too much $ to mod, too much $ to maintain... out!

a c6 z06 with the z07 package puts the vette right on par with the GTR on track but it also makes them pretty similarly priced msrp. however, used prices and maintenance makes the corvette more attractive.
                    www.hppmotorsports.com
                    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                      I was at the Mexican joint down the road with a friend last night, walked-out, and there was a brand new black/black 4 door BMW parked right out front. It didn't really jump out at me, but was a very stunning subtle car. I noticed how wide/dished the rear wheels were and walked-around to the back, it was an M5. I even made the comment to my friend "You know that's a $100k car you just walked by!" lol

And that's what I loooove about them. Reminds me of Nic Cage at the Ferrari dealer in Gone in 60.

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                        love the GTR but wouldnt/couldnt ever buy one new and they seem to hang on to value used. too much $ to buy, too much $ to mod, too much $ to maintain... out!

a c6 z06 with the z07 package puts the vette right on par with the GTR on track but it also makes them pretty similarly priced msrp. however, used prices and maintenance makes the corvette more attractive.
                        When did they start the Z07 package, 2011? That just adds the Zr1 carbon brakes, correct?

Comment

I always have to do the double take when I see a gtr because it looks like an Altima with a body kit...

Comment

When did they start the Z07 package, 2011? That just adds the Zr1 carbon brakes, correct?
                            i think it was introduced for 2011+ cars.

i think zr1 brakes. (carbon ceramic rotors + 6 piston front brembos, 4 piston rears)

magnetic ride control

michelin pilot sport cup tires
                            www.hppmotorsports.com
                            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

No shit, I'm not buying a new one, BUT both are impressive brand new cars with warranties. I think the ZR1 is 5 or 6 years/100k miles? Not bad for a 650HP car.
                              For sure they're impressive.
                              Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                              lol @ ZR1 or GT-R not enough 'pedigree'

Both will whip the ass of any exotic at that price point.
                              So? When you cross that 100k price marker I expect a little bit of exclusivity. "Nissan" and "Chevrolet" do not put forth the assumption of exclusivity. The same applies to the Ford GT. I'm not discounting the performance of the vehicles, I just wouldn't choose a Ford, Chevy, or Nissan when looking to fork out 6 digits for a car.

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                                Say whu?

1280 a year for a 5.0? I pay less then that for my viper.
                                AAA texas sorry looked at policy 1080 saved 200 for the day

linked - http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/...e-cars-to-own/

quote:
                                10. GT-R
                                > Make: Nissan
                                > Style: Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)
                                > True cost of ownership: $117,892
                                > Purchase price: $91,830
                                > Combined (city and highway) MPG: 19
                                The Nissan GT-R is one of the most sought-after new sports cars in the U.S. Not so desirable is its price. The car’s nearly $92,000 base price is steep to begin with. The GT-R ranks among the top 10 most expensive thanks largely to two a
                                dditional costs on top of its depreciation. First is the car’s maintenance costs, which average $10,043 over five years — the highest amount among all models. The GT-R also has the second-highest insurance costs, at $22,334 for the five years.

Comment

Working...
                                X