No announcement yet.

Local Dealership has 5 Nissian GTR's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to see a pretty impressive collection of cars, visit Auto America in Grand Prairie. They have a few GTR's. Also a few AMG's, Ferraris, several ZR-1's, some C7's, Aston Martin, etc.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
      So? When you cross that 100k price marker I expect a little bit of exclusivity. "Nissan" and "Chevrolet" do not put forth the assumption of exclusivity. The same applies to the Ford GT. I'm not discounting the performance of the vehicles, I just wouldn't choose a Ford, Chevy, or Nissan when looking to fork out 6 digits for a car.
      Sorry, that just seems funny to me, especially since so many "premium brands" are owned by companies that you apparently sneer at, or use them for consultation regarding manufacturing, tuning, etc.

So a Ferrari is a gussied-up Fiat and Jaguars are made by an Indian company. Still a fan?

BMW owns: Mini and Rolls Royce.

Fiat owns: Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Ferrari, Jeep, Lancia, Maserati, Ram and SRT.

Ford Motor Company owns: Lincoln and a small stake in Mazda.

General Motors owns: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC. GM owns a controlling interest in Opel and Vauxhall in Europe and Holden in Australia. (The U.S. Treasury Department is in the process of selling off the remaining GM stock holidngs.)

Honda owns: Acura.

Hyundai owns: Kia.

Tata Motors (India) owns: Jaguar and Land Rover.

Mazda mostly independently owned (Ford has small stake)

Mitsubishi is independently owned.

Daimler AG owns: Mercedes-Benz and Smart.

Nissan owns: Infiniti. (Nissan, in turn, is owned by Renault.)

Saab is owned by National Electric Vehicle Sweden (NEVS).

Subaru: Owned by Fuji Heavy Industries with Toyota a minority partner.

Tesla: Toyota is a minority partner. Partnership with Daimler AG.

Toyota Motor Company owns: Lexus, Scion, Daihatsu and Hino Motors, with a stake in Fuji Industries (Subaru's parent company) and Isuzu.

Volkswagen owns: Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, and overseas-brands SEAT and Skoda.

Volvo is owned by Chinese-automaker Zhejiang Geely Holding Group, aka Geely.
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I did not know that Volvo was owned by a Chinese company.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
          Sorry, that just seems funny to me, especially since so many "premium brands" are owned by companies that you apparently sneer at, or use them for consultation regarding manufacturing, tuning, etc.

So a Ferrari is a gussied-up Fiat and Jaguars are made by an Indian company. Still a fan?
          I don't particularly care for the look of some of the more recent Ferarri's, but again, there's a history there in certain makes regardless of who owns them now.

I expect some exclusivity and performance standards out of a Ferarri, not so much on a Fiat.

The only thing on that list I wasn't aware of were the owners of Volvo.

Comment

sure, i agree. if you want exclusivity, look to the premium brand supercar manufacturers (mclaren, ferrari, lamborghini)

... but these cars cost $100-200k more.

so the question is what offers exclusivity at 100k ? (but yet maintains a shit fuck ton level of performance?)
            www.hppmotorsports.com
            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
              sure, i agree. if you want exclusivity, look to the premium brand supercar manufacturers (mclaren, ferrari, lamborghini)

... but these cars cost $100-200k more.

so the question is what offers exclusivity at 100k ? (but yet maintains a shit fuck ton level of performance?)
              If performance were all I cared about, I'd buy a ZR1 over a GTR any day of the week because they're both bad bitches, but I don't want one at the price they're selling them for.

Comment

I'll just wait until the C7 ZR1 is out and buy a C6 Zr1 with extreme depreciation(hopefully!). My neighbor has a black/black C6 ZR1 that I've only seen outside of the garage twice. I'd love to own that car when he gets tired of it!

Comment

Fuck paying 100k for a Nissan..
                  Fuck paying 100k for a Corvette...
                  2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
                    I think if you add everything up, you have $100k in your Vette! lol

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                      I think if you add everything up, you have $100k in your Vette! lol
                      not even close..

and i think for my uses my car is a little faster than a stock GTR or zr1 lol
                      Last edited by White_lightning; 10-29-2013, 12:09 PM.
                      2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

I've heard the GTR is a damn good bang for the buck with all things considered. I doubt they will ever be the Dodge Stealth/3000GT of their era.

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                          '13 Zr1? The ZR1/GTR are pretty-much identical in MSRP.
                          Almost certain stock for stock the GTR is quicker in the 1/4 mile and around a road course. Down on power, up on weight, but AWD makes up for it.

Comment

Though older gen and tech these days, a Modena 360 is going in my garage (years early/mid 2000's), hopefully before too long. I'm tracking too many good examples on ebay @ <$85k. Maintenance is the real stinger, but the platform has been around a long time, and most of the cars I've been looking at are up-to-date on maintenance.

I think in that price range, you get exclusivity, style, and most importantly (to me) the engine/exhaust noises Mine will have off-road exhaust, and it will be glorious

--Scott

Comment

no love for the 360 spider? that was the first convertible i think i fell in love with.

if we are talking used after waiting for some time, i think an aston martin db9 would take my top spot right now. model year 2005 or so. price seem to hover around $60-70k.
                              Last edited by momo; 10-29-2013, 04:58 PM.
                              www.hppmotorsports.com
                              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
                                I'm with this guy

Comment

Working...
                                X