Local Dealership has 5 Nissian GTR's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by momo View Post
    no love for the 360 spider? that was the first convertible i think i fell in love with.

if we are talking used after waiting for some time, i think an aston martin db9 would take my top spot right now. model year 2005 or so. price seem to hover around $60-70k.
    Aston Martins are bar none some of the BEST looking cars ever produced. I don't think there's anything in their styling I don't like.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
      I think you're wrong about that. Those cars didn't do shit back in the day except look cool for their time.

The GTR is a bad ass car, and skunks damn near anything 0-120. And a grandma could drive it fast, all you need to do is mash the skinny pedal and the technology does everything for you. Pricey? Yes. But impressive too. Of course you cheap fuckers would bitch about the price.
      and that's everything wrong with the car to me

At the end of the day I don't give a shit about a lap time on a track half a world away I'll likely never set foot on.

It's all about the driving experience. You don't even get a clutch pedal.

Guess I'm old school, but I would rather my performance shit be analog than digital so to speak.

Great car, but not for someone like me.
      US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
        and that's everything wrong with the car to me

At the end of the day I don't give a shit about a lap time on a track half a world away I'll likely never set foot on.

It's all about the driving experience. You don't even get a clutch pedal.

Guess I'm old school, but I would rather my performance shit be analog than digital so to speak.

Great car, but not for someone like me.
        8 cylinders, 3 pedals and crank windows!
        Last edited by Denny; 10-29-2013, 08:09 PM.

Comment

If I could afford one, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new ZR1. Exclusivity is the stupidest reason I've ever heard of to not buy a car.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
            if we are talking used after waiting for some time, i think an aston martin db9 would take my top spot right now. model year 2005 or so. price seem to hover around $60-70k.
            I'm with you. The first good chunk of money I spend on a car will be for an Aston, preferably of the V12 Vantage variety. Sure, it'll be slow and have Volvo turn signals, but it's a goddamned Aston, and they're the some of the most glorious sounding cars on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
              If I could afford one, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new ZR1. Exclusivity is the stupidest reason I've ever heard of to not buy a car.
              LOL yea no shit. What a pompous attitude.
              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                I'm with you. The first good chunk of money I spend on a car will be for an Aston, preferably of the V12 Vantage variety. Sure, it'll be slow and have Volvo turn signals, but it's a goddamned Aston, and they're the some of the most glorious sounding cars on the planet.
                dbs
                db9
                v12 vantage
                hell, even the v8 vantage.

give me any one of those i would cruise around town thinking i was 007.

i think i'm gonna make a new thread of the most glorious sounding cars of all time.
                www.hppmotorsports.com
                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Astons are pure fucking sex. I probably consider them my personal "Holy Grail" of car manufacturers. That being said, all this bickering is funny. I like pretty much every car talked about in this thread in some form or fashion, and can find something to like about nearly any car aside from some shapeless econoshitbox. Like a Yaris.. There are plenty I wouldn't want to personally own, but I still think they are neat.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                    ... can find something to like about nearly any car aside from some shapeless econoshitbox. Like a Yaris..
                    Hey now, dammit.
                    Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                      Hey now, dammit.

I knew it. The word Yaris being posted sends an alert to your phone, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                        I think you're wrong about that. Those cars didn't do shit back in the day except look cool for their time.

The GTR is a bad ass car, and skunks damn near anything 0-120. And a grandma could drive it fast, all you need to do is mash the skinny pedal and the technology does everything for you. Pricey? Yes. But impressive too. Of course you cheap fuckers would bitch about the price.

I don't agree about the Stealth and 3000GT. A twin turbo AWD V6 with a six speed was like something from Star Trek in the early 90s. Of course these days every other car has that. Which is exactly the point. Ten years from now nothing about that GTR will be innovative and people will laugh about the absurd maintenance requirements. I guess my point is that there really is nothing cool about old school japanese super cars here in the US, outside of the Supra and the imported Skylines. I don't know why that is, just pointing it out.
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          Astons are pure fucking sex. I probably consider them my personal "Holy Grail" of car manufacturers. That being said, all this bickering is funny. I like pretty much every car talked about in this thread in some form or fashion, and can find something to like about nearly any car aside from some shapeless econoshitbox. Like a Yaris.. There are plenty I wouldn't want to personally own, but I still think they are neat.
                          Bingo.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                            Hey now, dammit.
                            Haha! At least my econoshitbox has a shape! Turd-shaped is a shape.
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                              Say whu?

1280 a year for a 5.0? I pay less then that for my viper.
                              That is about what my Z06 cost me and I have no tickets and no wrecks that were my fault on my record. Now that is state farm and not some half ass insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                                post the best sounding engines/cars you can find. I'll kick it off with a trifecta of eargasms. You may want to open them in YouTube to up the settings to get best quality audio. #1. Audi R8 V10 e0gvqLZIQss #2. Lexus LFA bpv7N8smafY #3. Maserati Granturismo MC Stradale. (hell, the name sounds like sex) Pfiqb6cizfg qeWoq
                                www.hppmotorsports.com
                                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Working...
                                X