What's your favorite beer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    With facebook these days, who needs a website? lmao. Go see my thread about VT's in the food forum. That place was tiger's blood and Adonis DNA.
    Is this where Club 972 used to be behind Sherlocks, in the last buiding before Montford? If so, nothing has ever lasted there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
      Is this where Club 972 used to be behind Sherlocks, in the last buiding before Montford? If so, nothing has ever lasted there.
      No, it's in that strip where Hibiscus is. Other side of the street from The Porch. NB 75, make a right on Henderson, and it's the second place in the strip on your immediate right. Next to the mattress joint.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by 78X View Post
        My fav is Bud Light Lime.

You?
        Shiner Black is my latest flavor craze
        Originally posted by Vertnut
        I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

No, it's in that strip where Hibiscus is. Other side of the street from The Porch. NB 75, make a right on Henderson, and it's the second place in the strip on your immediate right. Next to the mattress joint.
          Sorry I meant the new Social House, not sure why I quoted VT's

Comment

Sorry I meant the new Social House, not sure why I quoted VT's
            lol. The last place was Dohti, or Dodie's, or something like that. It sat empty for a loooooong time. It's in that shopping center right off of the DNT just before Beltline. East side. Pinkish kind of clay colored buildings. There's a ton of shit in there. Where Geoff's home bar is (Mercy Wine Bar). I forget the name of that little area.

Comment

lol. The last place was Dohti, or Dodie's, or something like that. It sat empty for a loooooong time. It's in that shopping center right off of the DNT just before Beltline. East side. Pinkish kind of clay colored buildings. There's a ton of shit in there. Where Geoff's home bar is (Mercy Wine Bar). I forget the name of that little area.
              ok, same shopping center, where Sherlocks is, but not where Club 972 was. That's a tough spot for them, especially if they keep their West Village hours. There's no way they do 49/51 alcohol/food down there.

Comment

There's no way they do 49/51 alcohol/food down there.
                They'll fudge the numbers just like everyone else! hahahaha

I'm under the impression they got a pretty sweet deal in there. They fixed all the existing equipment, bought some new pieces, etc. But the majority of it was all there. I bet they don't have a whole lot tied up in that place.

Comment

They'll fudge the numbers just like everyone else! hahahaha

I'm under the impression they got a pretty sweet deal in there. They fixed all the existing equipment, bought some new pieces, etc. But the majority of it was all there. I bet they don't have a whole lot tied up in that place.
                  This being their first Addison bar, I don't know if they get the fudging the numbers act. Either that, or they will do like the owners of Martini Ranch at Legacy did. Hype the shit out of it, don't care about the liquor/food ratio, make money... then when the first year is up and they get evaluated, and put on probation, don't change anything and by the end of the second year, close the place, and walk away with your cash.

Comment

This being their first Addison bar, I don't know if they get the fudging the numbers act. Either that, or they will do like the owners of Martini Ranch at Legacy did. Hype the shit out of it, don't care about the liquor/food ratio, make money... then when the first year is up and they get evaluated, and put on probation, don't change anything and by the end of the second year, close the place, and walk away with your cash.
                    See: The Proper Way To Run a Bar, 101. That guy walked away with piles of fucking cash! He was printing money out of that place.

Comment

• When I want to spend a little more BB Vanilla Porter, Shiner family reunion variety pack, or Kona Brewery Lava Rock?

When I want cheap beer Budweiser.

Comment

• Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                        I guess I am a beer novice then...just not into the bitter beers out there.
                        No, you're okay. I drink Dos Equis; it is a very good beer.

You just missed my previous post where I pointed out that "Dos XX" = XXXX = Cuatro Equis

Comment

• Full Sale IPA. Yum.

Comment

• Originally posted by robray5.0 View Post
                            When I want to spend a little more BB Vanilla Porter, Shiner family reunion variety pack, or Kona Brewery Lava Rock?

When I want cheap beer Budweiser.
                            that Vanilla Porter follows Pendleton whiskey really well... Pendleton has chocolate and vanilla notes that beg for a good porter
                            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                              that Vanilla Porter follows Pendleton whiskey really well... Pendleton has chocolate and vanilla notes that beg for a good porter
                              Do you hold out your pinky when you drink?
                              G'Day Mate

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                                Do you hold out your pinky when you drink?
                                That's not his pinky.

Comment

Working...
                                X