What's your favorite beer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
    I guess I am a beer novice then...just not into the bitter beers out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
      Place out here by me has it in 12pk cans.
      I don't know if they're just rumors but I heard the Lone Star brewery will be shutting down in the next few years, which is one of the reasons they cut back on how they package their beer. Could just be rumors though...
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
        I don't know if they're just rumors but I heard the Lone Star brewery will be shutting down in the next few years, which is one of the reasons they cut back on how they package their beer. Could just be rumors though...
        Pretty sure lone star is brewed at contracted facilities...and the original brewery closed a while back.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
          Lol, and I snicker to myself when someone tells me my opinion is wrong because they don't agree with it
          just saying it's funny when somebody is like "most of the time I drink RC Cola, but when I'm REALLY looking for adventure, I'll grab a 6 pack of Pepsi". Wow, you're a real world traveler there, aren't ya?!?!

I'm on vacation and the fridge has some "shitty" beer in it right now... I grabbed a 12 pack of Coors Banquet because I'm in Colorado, and I feel a kinship with Coors and Colorado going back to my early childhood. There's also some good local porter because I love a good porter w/ my whiskey

I enjoy regular old canned beer, and I don't look down on anybody who never ventures beyond the "big three" (foreign owned) brewers...

but I also enjoy and appreciate quality and TRUE variety...
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            Pretty sure lone star is brewed at contracted facilities...and the original brewery closed a while back.
            Closed in 2000, now brewed by Miller
            G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
              just saying it's funny when somebody is like "most of the time I drink RC Cola, but when I'm REALLY looking for adventure, I'll grab a 6 pack of Pepsi". Wow, you're a real world traveler there, aren't ya?!?!

I'm on vacation and the fridge has some "shitty" beer in it right now... I grabbed a 12 pack of Coors Banquet because I'm in Colorado, and I feel a kinship with Coors and Colorado going back to my early childhood. There's also some good local porter because I love a good porter w/ my whiskey

I enjoy regular old canned beer, and I don't look down on anybody who never ventures beyond the "big three" (foreign owned) brewers...

but I also enjoy and appreciate quality and TRUE variety...
              I misunderstood what you were saying... my fault. Hell if I'm looking for an adventure in beer drinking I'm going for something like Tactical Nuclear Penguin or Sink the Bismark.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
              Originally posted by Denny
              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Yep! I knew he had to be confused. Shiner is the Texas beer for me! Go to the spoetzle brewery and it'll make anyone a bigger fan as well. I was actually there a few days ago.

And it's stupid to bash someones taste in beer...there wouldn't be a million different selections if people didn't greatly vary in taste. Actually, if your hoity toity craft beer was so good It would be more popular. It's the same thing as music snobs...that will hate a band they loved 2 months ago because they got popular.

I like damn near all beer. Except pearl light. I would Rather have odouls than that dirty sparkling water.

Comment

Actually, if your hoity toity craft beer was so good It would be more popular.
                  awesome logic!!!! McDonalds makes the best hamburgers on earth, and top 40 radio is the best music ever made!!!
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                    awesome logic!!!! McDonalds makes the best hamburgers on earth, and top 40 radio is the best music ever made!!!
                    "Best" can be defined many ways, customer value being one of them. Mcdonalds has excellent customer value.

Please oh please mr, don't tell me my taste in beer is shitty because you Need to reassure yourself like a prius owner or vegan.

Comment

"Best" can be defined many ways, customer value being one of them. Mcdonalds has excellent customer value.

Please oh please mr, don't tell me my taste in beer is shitty because you Need to reassure yourself like a prius owner or vegan.
                      LMAO, did you just compare Cooter to a vegan and/or a prius owner? I think he's further from that than BHO is from being a good president.
                      G'Day Mate

Comment

And it's stupid to bash someones taste in beer...there wouldn't be a million different selections if people didn't greatly vary in taste. Actually, if your hoity toity craft beer was so good It would be more popular. It's the same thing as music snobs...that will hate a band they loved 2 months ago because they got popular.
                        I agree with the first sentence, drink what you like. I hate to support Anheuser Busch at all due to their business practices but they do make a bunch of good beers.

As for the craft beer comments they'd be a lot more popular if it weren't for the way beer is regulated in this country. Breweries can't sell beer directly to the consumer, they have to go through a distributor and a retailer. If the distributor doesn't want your product on the market they don't have to carry it. Meaning if Anheuser Busch or Miller don't want your product competing with theirs they don't have to carry it, since they are the two major distributors. You can't open a bar and order a keg of anything directly from anyone, you have to order through a distributor.

Also craft beers cost considerably more to produce than say a Bud or Miller light. You have the massive scale that obviously brings prices down but you also have to consider that a craft beer probably uses double or even triple the dry ingredients, as well as other things that might be added like Star Anise, Vanilla, Ginger, etc...

Another big factor is the alcohol content. Most of your craft beers will blow away the big 3 on it. Those Victory beers are all 9% or higher, basically double what Coors or Budweiser will have. Rahr's stuff is always at least 6% rated but realistically they are usually atleast a percentage or two higher than that when they hit market.

Comment

LMAO, did you just compare Cooter to a vegan and/or a prius owner? I think he's further from that than BHO is from being a good president.
                          You haven't seen the stacks on his Prius?

Comment

Mcdonalds has excellent customer value
                            Do you think it actually has excellent value, or do you think they sell a fuck load of it because there's one on every corner, and people will buy almost anything if you tell them it's good?

Comment

hold on, maybe he's on to something...

Forrest never wears shoes - soleful hippy
                              Forrest is a deisel fan - emissions hippy
                              Forrest likes beards and funky hair - hairy hippy
                              Forrest likes camping and Colorado - outdoors hippy
                              Forrest likes craft beer - hipster hippy

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                                hold on, maybe he's on to something...

Forrest never wears shoes - soleful hippy
                                Forrest is a deisel fan - emissions hippy
                                Forrest likes beards and funky hair - hairy hippy
                                Forrest likes camping and Colorado - outdoors hippy
                                Forrest likes craft beer - hipster hippy

Nah, hippies smoke pot and listen to classic rock.

Comment

Working...
                                X