No announcement yet.

What's your favorite beer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If any of you are ever in Houston and like microbreweries take a tour of the St. Arnold brewery. Great beer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
      Is it the same people that own Social House in Uptown?

If so, those are the guys that started Clear in downtown Dallas. The food at Social House when I went was euro pub try to be cool, but it was poorly cooked and tasted BLAH at best. In fact they didn't even have steak knives at Social House, but served a steak.
      I would assume so, but I don't know. The owner is a young Asian dude named Jonathan. I've got a $40,000 long draw beer system in there, and went to check it out the other day. I'm not speaking on the food, as I haven't had it. Simply stating they will have 50 flavors on tap, since this is a beer thread and a lot of people here like crafts.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        Hahaha...Agreed on the aztek.

Oh and I can't help but thinking bud light lime is gay too. I know it's hypocritical, but I'm ok with being a hypocrite instead of a BL lime drinking fag.
        BL Lime is a good boat beer if Corona isn't available. Other than that you're a fag if you drink BL lime.
        G'Day Mate

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          I would assume so, but I don't know. The owner is a young Asian dude named Jonathan. I've got a $40,000 long draw beer system in there, and went to check it out the other day. I'm not speaking on the food, as I haven't had it. Simply stating they will have 50 flavors on tap, since this is a beer thread and a lot of people here like crafts.
          Yup that's them

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            If alcohol content drives price, explain why I can buy some nasty ass high gravity or similar 8-9% beers for dirt cheap. And if price alone drove decisions we'd be drinking keystone, natty, and old milwaukees.
            Actually , it's pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land."

Comment

• We all know that Ruffdaddy enjoys the Schmitts Gay Beer!!!

Comment

Yup that's them
                Disappointing to hear that about the food. This new location is a nice, classy place.

Comment

We all know that Ruffdaddy enjoys the Schmitts Gay Beer!!!

[
                  only in long necks and slim quarters

Comment

Disappointing to hear that about the food. This new location is a nice, classy place.
                    Hey, as long as you got your money, don't be disappointed.

Comment

• Victoria
                      I would go beat the fuck out of all of them within an inch of their life, then fuck their chihuahua while they watch as they get loaded into the ambulance

Comment

• Baltika #9

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                          Hey, as long as you got your money, don't be disappointed.
                          I like to support the small guys, so it's always disappointing to hear.

Comment

• Actually I'm a fan of nearly all beers...favourites are as follows:

Everyday - Colorado koolaid

"adventurous" - tatonka stout, duvel, meredsous, Franconia dunkel, guiness, most all shiners, keystone reds (the white trash in me), steel reserve, and a few others I rotate.

Comment

This is my opinion from a couple of years ago.

Neal, my Jewish Canadian Ex-Roommate, is good friends with Jonathan and the other business partner, indian guy who's name I forget. We ate there a couple of times, and it was blah. I took a chick there another time and same deal. I did get a pretty nice discount both times tho

They are bar/night club guys trying to open a gastro-pub concept. I don't think food was ever their background, so their ideas are cool, but their execution was crap.

Their website shows one opening in Houston Summer 2009 And that's it. Sounds to me like someone is doing a poor job with the marketing. haha
                              In fact i just went to thesyngroup.com which is definately the domain for their email, and the website still shows Clear Ultra Lounge from the day it opened. It's been closed at least as far as them having anything to do with it since Social House West Village opened.

Their facebook site however does show Addison opening, so I guess it's them.

Comment

Their website shows one opening in Houston Summer 2009 And that's it. Sounds to me like someone is doing a poor job with the marketing. haha
                                In fact i just went to thesyngroup.com which is definately the domain for their email, and the website still shows Clear Ultra Lounge from the day it opened. It's been closed at least as far as them having anything to do with it since Social House West Village opened.

Their facebook site however does show Addison opening, so I guess it's them.
                                With facebook these days, who needs a website? lmao. Go see my thread about VT's in the food forum. That place was tiger's blood and Adonis DNA.

Comment

Working...
                                X