• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BP View Post
    Nah, hippies smoke pot and listen to classic rock, and classic country
    check and mate!

Comment

If alcohol content drives price, explain why I can buy some nasty ass high gravity or similar 8-9% beers for dirt cheap. And if price alone drove decisions we'd be drinking keystone, natty, and old milwaukees.

I agree crafts cost more because of the care an brewing process, but that doesn't make them all better. For every excellent craft beer I have had, I can show you 2 that are straight terrible.

My main point is the stupidity in criticizing someone beer or food preferences as if yours is any better.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
        Do you think it actually has excellent value, or do you think they sell a fuck load of it because there's one on every corner, and people will buy almost anything if you tell them it's good?
        Yes mcdonalds has excellent customer value. If they didnt they would have cut back like Starbucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          Yes mcdonalds has excellent customer value.
          I agree. Where else can you gain 2 pounds for every $1 spent? Great ROI!

Comment

If alcohol content drives price, explain why I can buy some nasty ass high gravity or similar 8-9% beers for dirt cheap. And if price alone drove decisions we'd be drinking keystone, natty, and old milwaukees.

I agree crafts cost more because of the care an brewing process, but that doesn't make them all better. For every excellent craft beer I have had, I can show you 2 that are straight terrible.

My main point is the stupidity in criticizing someone beer or food preferences as if yours is any better.
            While they are terrible to you, some people do like them. Beer is like wine, which both are like food. Some people like odd tastes and flavors.

Some people have shitty palates in general and enjoy shitty foods as well as shitty beer or shitty wine. Some people just drink beer/wine/alcohol to get drunk and don't really care what tastes better going down, as long as it gets them drunk.

Same with food, some people really enjoy taste differences between better cuts of meat, organic vs large farmed vegetables, flavor combinations that compliment each other. And some people eat food because they are hungry, and that's all that matters. Like the people that "enjoy" or say a chain restaurant is their favorite place to eat.

I myself don't like beer in general, and I really don't enjoy heavy beers, while some do have a good flavor profile, I just can't drink something heavy and thick tasting. Same goes with wine, I have yet to develop a palate for wine, there's nothing enjoyable about it for me. As for alcohols, i drink what tastes good and cheap enough to get me drunk when i want to get drunk. As for good whiskeys, and the like, I do enjoy from time to time tasting the differences, but at the end of the day, I don't drink alcohol because it tastes good, i drink it because it gets me drunk. Some better produced alcohols are cleaner and easier on the body, and cause less hangover effects, so maybe they get a vote of being better too.

In the end, everyone has their own taste, and your's isn't any better than theirs, even if on a monitary scale your's is cheap comparitively.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
              Wait, are you saying people have different opinions and tastes?

Comment

If alcohol content drives price, explain why I can buy some nasty ass high gravity or similar 8-9% beers for dirt cheap.
                Steel Reserve FTMFW!

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  Wait, are you saying people have different opinions and tastes?
                  don't put words in my mouth... You said it buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                    ...blah blah Blah...

In the end, everyone has their own taste, and your's isn't any better than theirs, even if on a monitary scale your's is cheap comparitively.
                    Thats my whole fucking point...it's stupid to call peoples taste shitty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      some people's are tho.

Evidently a lot of people bought the Pontiac Aztek!

Comment

• Just an FYI - There is a new bar opening this month in Addison, called the Social House. 50 flavors on tap! He will have all the regulars like Budweiser, Bud Light, etc. But most of those will be craft beers. Supposed to open on the 7th, but there have been a few delays already so it may be more like the 16th.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                          some people's are tho.

Evidently a lot of people bought the Pontiac Aztek!
                          Hahaha...Agreed on the aztek.

Oh and I can't help but thinking bud light lime is gay too. I know it's hypocritical, but I'm ok with being a hypocrite instead of a BL lime drinking fag.

Comment

but I'm ok with being a hypocrite instead of a BL lime drinking fag.
                            lmfao. Agreed!

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              Just an FYI - There is a new bar opening this month in Addison, called the Social House. 50 flavors on tap! He will have all the regulars like Budweiser, Bud Light, etc. But most of those will be craft beers. Supposed to open on the 7th, but there have been a few delays already so it may be more like the 16th.
                              Is it the same people that own Social House in Uptown?

If so, those are the guys that started Clear in downtown Dallas. The food at Social House when I went was euro pub try to be cool, but it was poorly cooked and tasted BLAH at best. In fact they didn't even have steak knives at Social House, but served a steak.

Comment

Not really. Because the large majority of American's tastes are shitty. REALLY shitty. Otherwise places like McD's and Chili's wouldn't exist.

Comment

Working...
                                X