Chip options for 94/95 Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chip options for 94/95 Mustang

What all is available out there. Been out of the game for a long time and looking to get the car running again and ditch the TwEECer R/T I have in favor of something that a local shop can tune.

Sct is what most shops use and can custom tune for, I know diablo does a chip also but other than Dallas mustang not sure if there is any other tuners local.

Comment

sct

Comment

Do you not understand how to use the Tweecer R/T? It datalogs so with that and a wideband you can do a far better job than a shop can.

Comment

TwEECer > Sct.
          Ded

Comment

Originally posted by Diabolic View Post
            Do you not understand how to use the Tweecer R/T? It datalogs so with that and a wideband you can do a far better job than a shop can.
            I have a basic understanding of how to make adjustments (adjust the fan temp, etc.) but I don't have the tuning knowledge. I would be a little to worried about playing around with to many settings on my own without any supervision.

Comment

All you need is a wideband that will datalog.

Once you have that, just input the injector specs that are provided by the manufacturer, and adjust the MAF Transfer table. What meter and injectors are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                What all is available out there. Been out of the game for a long time and looking to get the car running again and ditch the TwEECer R/T I have in favor of something that a local shop can tune.
                Jose, as most have said SCT is the way to go. I have an old (untunable) chip in my '95, but the guy tuned it dead-nuts on years ago, so I'm staying with it until I SC/N2O or cam the car.

Comment

Guys this isn't 1995. The technology to tune your own vehicle is out there and cheap to purchase. It isn't some huge mystery. Why pay for a retune every time you change something.

Comment

Moates.
                    Detailing by Dylan
                    817-494-3396
                    Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                    Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Guys this isn't 1995. The technology to tune your own vehicle is out there and cheap to purchase. It isn't some huge mystery. Why pay for a retune every time you change something.
                      Who wants to mess with that?

Comment

All you need is a wideband that will datalog.

Once you have that, just input the injector specs that are provided by the manufacturer, and adjust the MAF Transfer table. What meter and injectors are you using?
                        ProM 77mm with 42lb. injectors and no FMU. I'm running a Vortech S-Trim with a stock pulley so that's one more variable. Don't have access to a Wideband and I'd still want someone with more experience with the TwEECer than me.

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                        Jose, as most have said SCT is the way to go. I have an old (untunable) chip in my '95, but the guy tuned it dead-nuts on years ago, so I'm staying with it until I SC/N2O or cam the car.
                        Thanks for the info man. I need to meet up with you and check out your car sometime.

I wouldn't be changing anything anytime soon, it's been the same combination for over 10 years.

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
                        Moates.
                        Who or what is that?

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                        Who wants to mess with that?
                        Exactly!

Comment

Ariche or Manny can handle that

Comment

Moates is the provider of Quarterhorse. I have one for the SVO, but have not done nothing with it yet. I hope to soon.
                            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                            86 SVO - Sold
                            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Why mess with that? I suppose ignorance is bliss then huh? Wouldn't you like to know what your injector duty cycle looks like? WOuldn't you like to know if you start to run lean because of a clogged fuel filter, weak pump, or bad injector? What if you change injectors? DO you really want to pay for a retune all the time? What if you want to run a better performaing slot meter? Guess what, retune time. If you have such deep pockets that you can afford to pisss it away like that then I suppose ignorance is bliss it the way to cruise. That combo wouldn't be difficult at all to dial in on the street for cruise and wot operation. You could burn sevaral tunes and switch with a rotary dial if you go with a Moates QH, and Binary editor. Valet tune, crap gas tune, 93 tune, and track tune. What happens if you get a tank of E10 and now you are running a little lean because it requires more fuel to achieve the same AFR as with 100% gas. Worse yet we start having to pump E15. Not a big deal on an NA car, but with a SC car it's more important.

Comment

Working...
                              X