Chip options for 94/95 Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
    Andy tuned my friends 95gt with a moates, pulled like sex after the first tune. Car made 295@wheels, strong torque too.
    Watchout

Comment

andy tuned my vert as well. did a great job.

my pockets are shallow!!

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
        Watchout
        I no the tyres would spin!!
        Detailing by Dylan
        817-494-3396
        Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
        Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Well if you have a whip of common sense you will know to ask for something stupid rich and pull 8 degrees of timing with the global adder. Run to 4000, then 5000, then 6000. Review logs, adjust accordingly. This is easy stuff to mess with. It isn't a 2800hp Pro Mod. Jose I think both sides of the tuning argument have been stated. In the end it's what you feel best about. There are many people on here that would be glad to take your money and tune your car. I doubt many of them will take the time to address real world part throttle issues and cold start issues, but it will be safe.
          I have a 95 Cobra with a stroker and a supercharged 93 Lightning. I tune both myself and have never blown up anything. My truck makes 18 pounds. If you decide to try it yourself then feel free to PM me anytime. I mess with my 95 a lot.

The depth of your pockets is relative to the company you keep. The ability to learn something new isn't effected by the depth of your pockets nearly as much as the level of your IQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Diabolic View Post
            Well if you have a whip of common sense you will know to ask for something stupid rich and pull 8 degrees of timing with the global adder. Run to 4000, then 5000, then 6000. Review logs, adjust accordingly. This is easy stuff to mess with. It isn't a 2800hp Pro Mod. Jose I think both sides of the tuning argument have been stated. In the end it's what you feel best about. There are many people on here that would be glad to take your money and tune your car. I doubt many of them will take the time to address real world part throttle issues and cold start issues, but it will be safe.
            I have a 95 Cobra with a stroker and a supercharged 93 Lightning. I tune both myself and have never blown up anything. My truck makes 18 pounds. If you decide to try it yourself then feel free to PM me anytime. I mess with my 95 a lot.

The depth of your pockets is relative to the company you keep. The ability to learn something new isn't effected by the depth of your pockets nearly as much as the level of your IQ.
            What is the cost of the gear I need to do this? I know chips can be had for $50-$60, but what else is needed?

Comment

I think the Moates Quarter Horse is $225 new but you can get them used for $150. Binary editor will be $150 and that includes the dongle. You can get the wideband for $150-$200. That will do it. You can purchase BE 2010 for $100 and get a good starting strategy for $25. Fox strategies are free.

Comment

I guess my first issue would be getting a laptop

Comment

Used and cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by diabolic View Post
                    well if you have a whip of common sense you will know to ask for something stupid rich and pull 8 degrees of timing with the global adder. Run to 4000, then 5000, then 6000. Review logs, adjust accordingly. This is easy stuff to mess with. It isn't a 2800hp pro mod. Jose i think both sides of the tuning argument have been stated. In the end it's what you feel best about. There are many people on here that would be glad to take your money and tune your car. I doubt many of them will take the time to address real world part throttle issues and cold start issues, but it will be safe.
                    I have a 95 cobra with a stroker and a supercharged 93 lightning. I tune both myself and have never blown up anything. My truck makes 18 pounds. If you decide to try it yourself then feel free to pm me anytime. I mess with my 95 a lot.

The depth of your pockets is relative to the company you keep. The ability to learn something new isn't effected by the depth of your pockets nearly as much as the level of your iq.

omg!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                      I guess my first issue would be getting a laptop
                      Hpp tune is cheaper then all that.

Comment

As much as i agree with learning something new...yada, yada. I would also have to say after i bought the laptop, the BE and EA programs, the quarter horse, The wide band and any cables needed.i could have paid for a tune and been on the road much quicker. Diabolic makes it sound easy but there is a bit of a learning curve that isn't gonna be for everyone.
                        89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

Originally posted by turbos66coupe View Post
                          As much as i agree with learning something new...yada, yada. I would also have to say after i bought the laptop, the BE and EA programs, the quarter horse, The wide band and any cables needed.i could have paid for a tune and been on the road much quicker. Diabolic makes it sound easy but there is a bit of a learning curve that isn't gonna be for everyone.
                          being able to tune my cars is my favorite part of owning a high performance car. make a pass, study the log, tweak, repeat.

it boggles my mind how many people have blown/turbo'd/spray'd cars and never check the tune.

Comment

^^^^^^^^Exactly. It's not a hassle at all. It's more fun than building the dang car.

Comment

Free post
                              Awwwwww skeet skeet skeet
                              03gt intech POWA!

Comment

^^^^^^^^Exactly. It's not a hassle at all. It's more fun than building the dang car.
                                Everyone has their cup of tea. I'm more into the fabrication and assembly side of things. Good damn video game generation!
                                89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

Working...
                                X