Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dville can tune it!

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Two shops, Manny can tune the TwEECerRT and so can Mike Murillo in S.A. He loves to tune old school 5.0's on TwEECer's.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Diabolic View Post
        Why mess with that? I suppose ignorance is bliss then huh? Wouldn't you like to know what your injector duty cycle looks like? WOuldn't you like to know if you start to run lean because of a clogged fuel filter, weak pump, or bad injector? What if you change injectors? DO you really want to pay for a retune all the time? What if you want to run a better performaing slot meter? Guess what, retune time. If you have such deep pockets that you can afford to pisss it away like that then I suppose ignorance is bliss it the way to cruise. That combo wouldn't be difficult at all to dial in on the street for cruise and wot operation. You could burn sevaral tunes and switch with a rotary dial if you go with a Moates QH, and Binary editor. Valet tune, crap gas tune, 93 tune, and track tune. What happens if you get a tank of E10 and now you are running a little lean because it requires more fuel to achieve the same AFR as with 100% gas. Worse yet we start having to pump E15. Not a big deal on an NA car, but with a SC car it's more important.
        Now I'm not sure where the hostility is coming from with the ignorance and deep pockets comments. The TwEECer is an awesome product and I originally but it for alot of the reasons you mentioned but if I'm not confident on what I'm doing and I'd rather have someone who knows what they are doing tune it rather than me damage my car. I originally bought the TwEECer over 12-13 years ago or whenever it first came out, I knew the guys who developed it and had big plans for my car but now I just simply want to be able to drive the car as it's been sitting for years and I have no plans on modding it beyond where it's at right now.

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
        Dville can tune it!

god bless.
        Can tune what? SCT or the TwEECer?

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
        Two shops, Manny can tune the TwEECerRT and so can Mike Murillo in S.A. He loves to tune old school 5.0's on TwEECer's.
        Hmm... Might holler at Manny than and see what he can. Ideally I'd like to keep the current chip and use it but I can't trust myself to tune it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post

Hmm... Might holler at Manny than and see what he can. Ideally I'd like to keep the current chip and use it but I can't trust myself to tune it.
          Apparently Diabolic can tune it, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mukesh View Post
            I kind of got that, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
              Since you have the TwEECerRT already that will save you some money. Don't quote me but iirc its about $400.00 to $600.00 for an SCT and dyno tune.

Or we can drive down to S.A. on any given Friday, leave the car at Mikes, go to the Riverwalk get fat and drunk. Pick up the car the next day and run down to SA Raceway, bust off an 11.xx go back to the Riverwalk get fatter and drunker come home on Sunday.
              Last edited by Rick Modena; 09-18-2012, 02:04 PM.
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Give Andy at prime tuning a call. He is on this site and can pretty much tune with anything. Also if you really want to get rid of the tweecer, look at the moates Web site and look at the jaybird j3 chip. Its only 60 dollars and anyone who can burn an sct chip can burn one of these if you can get them to admit it.
                89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                  Dville can tune it!

god bless.

Comment

Sorry Jose I wasn't directing the deep pockets comment to you. I was more referring to the rebuttal of "who want's to mess with that?" I just think that since you have a SC car then you must have above average mechanical skills. The Tweecer RT is a great tool to have for a guy with a supercharged vehicle. If you just gave it a little time and have some patience you will be rewarded with a great deal of knowledge and satisfaction knowing that you don't have to dig into your pocket to pay someone hundreds of dollars to make a 10 minute change. Once you learn how to tune it, you will start making mods safely, and most likely enjoy the vehicle that much more. Having a SC on a vehicle that didn't come that way is far more complex than bolting on a CAI, and a catback. The better tools you have to keep it running smooth and safe, the more you will enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by turbos66coupe View Post
                      Give Andy at prime tuning a call. He is on this site and can pretty much tune with anything. Also if you really want to get rid of the tweecer, look at the moates Web site and look at the jaybird j3 chip. Its only 60 dollars and anyone who can burn an sct chip can burn one of these if you can get them to admit it.
                      That's top secret info! Ha ha ha! Anyone with a Jaybird can also burn an SCT chip.

Comment

Talked to Jet?
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Mukesh View Post
                          If you were wondering, the chip in the car I just sold you is a sour cream and onion Lay's potato chip. It's under the seat.

Comment

Why mess with that? I suppose ignorance is bliss then huh? Wouldn't you like to know what your injector duty cycle looks like? WOuldn't you like to know if you start to run lean because of a clogged fuel filter, weak pump, or bad injector? What if you change injectors? DO you really want to pay for a retune all the time? What if you want to run a better performaing slot meter? Guess what, retune time. If you have such deep pockets that you can afford to pisss it away like that then I suppose ignorance is bliss it the way to cruise. That combo wouldn't be difficult at all to dial in on the street for cruise and wot operation. You could burn sevaral tunes and switch with a rotary dial if you go with a Moates QH, and Binary editor. Valet tune, crap gas tune, 93 tune, and track tune. What happens if you get a tank of E10 and now you are running a little lean because it requires more fuel to achieve the same AFR as with 100% gas. Worse yet we start having to pump E15. Not a big deal on an NA car, but with a SC car it's more important.

I have deep pockets. I wouldnt wanna mess with none of that bullshit

Comment

Andy tuned my friends 95gt with a moates, pulled like sex after the first tune. Car made 295@wheels, strong torque too.
                              Detailing by Dylan
                              817-494-3396
                              Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                              Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Sorry Jose I wasn't directing the deep pockets comment to you. I was more referring to the rebuttal of "who want's to mess with that?" I just think that since you have a SC car then you must have above average mechanical skills. The Tweecer RT is a great tool to have for a guy with a supercharged vehicle. If you just gave it a little time and have some patience you will be rewarded with a great deal of knowledge and satisfaction knowing that you don't have to dig into your pocket to pay someone hundreds of dollars to make a 10 minute change. Once you learn how to tune it, you will start making mods safely, and most likely enjoy the vehicle that much more. Having a SC on a vehicle that didn't come that way is far more complex than bolting on a CAI, and a catback. The better tools you have to keep it running smooth and safe, the more you will enjoy it.
                                What if you fuck it up?. Its easy to take it and have a pro tune it rather then dicking with it all the time. When i had my 600rwhp cobra manny tuned it and it was done never had to mess with it. Same with my new 5.0

Comment

Working...
                                X