WWDFWMD? C7 or GT350?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJ View Post
    Oh yeah, and vettes don't get door dings.
    he's right you know! ^^^

I also did Plano to Houston in my old C5 in 3:20 averaging roughly 100-120 the whole way and did it on one tank averaging 26 mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
      he's right you know! ^^^

I also did Plano to Houston in my old C5 in 3:20 averaging roughly 100-120 the whole way and did it on one tank averaging 26 mpg.
      Yep. Cruise control set at 90mph from Lackland afb San Antonio to Arlington, targa off, 32.9mpg,
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

my 3:20 was really generous, i want to say we did it in 2:45ish to the Woodlands, and we caught up, and rode with some old LazySVT type guy in a 760il that kept wanting to set the pace at 110-120

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
          I just meant if anyone had questions about the car. No V3 for me...they only come in auto (and I'm not choo choo enough for a new one). Amazing cars otherwise though, and the 8 speed is pretty good. Something not right about a sedan capable of 200mph off the showroom floor.
          Yea i have a 2011 auto sedan but will probably get a v3 in a couple years when the used ones start hitting the market. The ATS-V is tempting.

Comment

So you didnt' specify... but you ARE talking about the GT350R... right?

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
              Yea i have a 2011 auto sedan but will probably get a v3 in a couple years when the used ones start hitting the market. The ATS-V is tempting.
              The new CTS-V haul ass.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                I know where you can get a used one with 35 miles for $125,000, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                  So you didnt' specify... but you ARE talking about the GT350R... right?
                  I wish, but with dealer mark-up and even more limited availability, those are out of reach for now. Would be cool to pick one up, and then alternate driving it to Sonoma Raceway and Laguna Seca.

When I think about it like that, I might actually have a bit more fun picking up a low-mile GT or C6 at the lower price point, and modding it to my taste. Make it more of a toy/project than blow my budget on the newest car I can, ad drive it as is. I'v been out of the game far too long, I won't leave whatever it is as-is.

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
                  I know where you can get a used one with 35 miles for $125,000, lol.
                  Link? Must be "LS1 stock."

Comment

Just get a 15 gt, it's a great car. All I have done is exhaust and wheels/tires. I'll probably sell my stock wheels and get a tuner and intake but that's about all I am going to do for now. I have thought about lowering it but I'm happy with the ride quality as is.

Comment

• C6 is the best play for the dollar
                      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Yeah, but all of those jackets, hats, keychains, coozies, and t shirts add up. It's expensive to own a corvette.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                          Yeah, but all of those jackets, hats, keychains, coozies, and t shirts add up. It's expensive to own a corvette.
                          word

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

• You don't boosh a fellow 15 owner!

Comment

• Yeah the corvette swag is one of the worst parts.

Comment

• I've managed to steer clear of all the bimmer swag, I think I can refrain from hopping on the vette bandwagon as well. It's a car/hobby, not an identity.

Comment

Working...
                                X