WWDFWMD? C7 or GT350?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWDFWMD? C7 or GT350?

I'll be looking to finally get back into a fun car next year, and let the wife take over the glorified Crosstour full time. These two are at the top of the list, though I do also like the thought of saving a little cash with a blown 2015 GT.

Keep in mind that we are in Cali, so modding is hindered to say the least, and the car will stay mostly stock. With that said, which would you prefer and why?
    C7
    0%
    GT350
    0%
    other
    0%

Yes.
    sigpic

Comment

we talking base C7 or Zoh6??

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Big A
        I'll be looking to finally get back into a fun car next year, and let the wife take over the glorified Crosstour full time. These two are at the top of the list, though I do also like the thought of saving a little cash with a blown 2015 GT.

Keep in mind that we are in Cali, so modding is hindered to say the least, and the car will stay mostly stock. With that said, which would you prefer and why?
        What are you wanting out of it? The 2015 GT interior is 10x that of a 2014, so I imagine the GT350 will be even better. I haven't driven a C7, but in my experience Vettes just feel cheap. They are fun as hell to drive, but the overall quality is cheap.

With that said, I believe form should always follow function.

Comment

Where is the Fox and $5k option?
          G'Day Mate

Comment

C7 or a gently used Viper. I've been trying to find a good deal on a Viper myself, it has been too long since I've had something fun.

Comment

C7. NPP exhaust can be heard from the cabin, so you shouldn't need a $1,500 axleback. Get a 2015 or newer and make sure it has Performance Data Recorder. 2015+ also has the 8 speed auto instead of the 6 speed.

The first year GT350 is expected to be a rattle trap from unexpected vibrations from the flat plane crank. Also, lots of dealerships are charging "market adjustments".

You might also drive the ATS-V. Quick/fun little car and leases are pretty attractive thanks to how well the base car has done.

Vipers are cool, but I haven't seen any in the mid-low 70s on a used Gen V. All upper 70s or 80s (for base cars, let alone GTS or T/A).

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                we talking base C7 or Zoh6??

god bless.
                It'd be an optioned out 2 or 3LT, can't quite swing ZO6 yet, still on a sheepskin budget (thus the blown GT concession).

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                What are you wanting out of it? The 2015 GT interior is 10x that of a 2014, so I imagine the GT350 will be even better. I haven't driven a C7, but in my experience Vettes just feel cheap. They are fun as hell to drive, but the overall quality is cheap.

With that said, I believe form should always follow function.
                I tend to agree with you on the relative "cheap" look of the Vette, and at least in pictures I personally like the C6 interior better, but the C7 is a much better performer. I haven't driven either yet, but in pics I do favor the Mustang's interior.

Another side to the coin is that this will be a super low-mileage vehicle, so there's a much better likelihood that the GT350 will hold it's value. I'm not expecting that I'll turn a $100k profit in 30 years, but when it comes time to sell, I think that the GT350 will bring more.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                  C7 or a gently used Viper. I've been trying to find a good deal on a Viper myself, it has been too long since I've had something fun.
                  As Trey mentioned, the Vipers are still as high as giraffe taint, and I can't justify spending so much for a 10+ year old car.

Comment

corvette all fucking day
                    every fucking day
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Agreed on the resale. GT350 will hold it better.

I'd drive both and let the experience make the decision.

Otherwise, I'd rather be in a rare, bad ass Shelby than just another corvette, but that's just me.

Comment

other:

Comment

If it's really between those two, it would be the Mustang for me. But at that price point there are a lot of options. I'd keep looking.
                          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                            other:

Definitely not getting a second 4-door, though I may start a thread to detail every minute detail of what happens once I get whatever I get.

Or is that only appropriate for "unicorns?"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Comment

Lmao!

Comment

Working...
                              X