No announcement yet.

Let's shop for a new car..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As someone that spends way too much time on an Army base to hell with Challengers. It seems like every soldier coming back from deployment runs out and buys either one of those or a brodozer.

Carmax in Fort Worth had an almost brand new Chevrolet SS earlier this week. 415hp with 4 doors.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
      So again, why the hate on the Vsport?
      Two words

V

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
        The Vsport is a chick car compared to the Gen 2 CTS-V. Other than that, it's a decent daily.
        I agree 100%...had one as a loaner and other than the pricetag it was fun to drive - my vagon is WAY more fun though (x2 the hp, so...)
        Originally posted by Sgt Beavis
        I don't always like lowered trucks, but when I do, it's because they really kick ass..

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
          Just looked at your A5 link, it's an S5 and its perfect.
          LOL that makes sense why the price is so high. i was like fuck a 30k mile a5 for almost full price!

S5 at that price is a different ball game!

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
            So guys, learn me this...

Why the hate on the Vsport? 420hp/430ftlbs torque. 8 speed slush box. This car is not a pussy.

I'm not discounting the previous V. Only a 'moran' would do that. But I haven't seen anyone give me a good reason to not get a Vsport.

OK, OK, OK.. I get it.. MOAR POWR!!! That's a total turn one but not the only thing for me. I won't be at the drag strip. I'll be commuting in this so rowing my own is out. That doesn't take the older V out of the picture since it has an available 6speed auto. The two wagons listed earlier are just damn sexy. Both were automatics too.

So again, why the hate on the Vsport?
            besides its ugly? you need more than that? well it's about 2 feet longer than the old one, if you plan to hire a butler/driver and cart your ass around everywhere or have REALLY fat kids, the back seat is cool and all, but I figured youd be driving the damn thing and not want to be driving a land yaught. its slow, has really no way to make it faster (yet), and did I mention how gd ugly it is?

If you want a car that you cant make horribly fast with a small motor, get the BMW or the Audi... Caddys are fucken lame unless its a big hp V car... the regular ones are for people that walk around in camo and say "buy 'merica" all the time.

Comment

The Vsport is a chick car compared to the Gen 2 CTS-V. Other than that, it's a decent daily.
              Almost anything is a chick car compared to a CTS-V...

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
              Two words

V

weak argument. The world is filled with awesome V6s. Even the next gen Ford GT is going to be a v6. V8s are dying. It's unfortunate but true. V6's are going to allow us to have high performance for a few more decades.

Originally posted by POSYJ View Post
              I agree 100%...had one as a loaner and other than the pricetag it was fun to drive - my vagon is WAY more fun though (x2 the hp, so...)
              Someone loaded you a Vsport? You sure?

I'm just kiddin'. I believe you. But did you use the magnetic suspension to put it into the best handling config? Every test drive review I've read boasts this car is a better handling car than its competition. Most of that is attributed to its light weight and the magnetic suspension. I should mention that I haven't seen any reviews of the vSport head to head with a CTS-V or Vwagon..

But this is why I'll be driving both. I've heard many good things about the wagon (beyond this board). Then there is the, "it's just frackin' cool" factor of a CTS V wagon.

Originally posted by STROKD View Post
              besides its ugly? you need more than that? well it's about 2 feet longer than the old one, if you plan to hire a butler/driver and cart your ass around everywhere or have REALLY fat kids, the back seat is cool and all, but I figured youd be driving the damn thing and not want to be driving a land yaught. its slow, has really no way to make it faster (yet), and did I mention how gd ugly it is?

If you want a car that you cant make horribly fast with a small motor, get the BMW or the Audi... Caddys are fucken lame unless its a big hp V car... the regular ones are for people that walk around in camo and say "buy 'merica" all the time.
              Geez, I feel like I'm talking to a high schooler here.

268lbs lighter than the 2013 CTS-V sedan
              444lbs lighter than the 2013 CTS-V wagon

The 2013 has a 0-60 time of 4.4sec, the wagon is 4.5sec. The CTS vSport is 0-60 at 4.4sec.

That weight loss makes up a lot for the power difference.

I got all numbers from Autoblog.

2013 CTS-V Sedan

2013 CTS-V Wagon

2014 CTS Vsport Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                Two words

V

pffft

Those aren't even words, one is a letter and one is a number. Silly.

Comment

Beavis, if you want the Vsportsbra, then get it. You won't get a lot of accolades here driving a chick car, but if that's what you want, it's a nice enough car.

That is the slowest 0-60mph time I've ever seen for the V's. Autoblog must have been going half-throttle with those runs. Cadillac reports 3.9 0-60 and that's a lot closer to the truth. The Vsport will be noticeably slower, but the interior is prettier, I guess....
                  Ford
                  GM
                  Toyota
                  VAG

Comment

Beavis, if you want the Vsportsbra, then get it.
                    How about a vSportsBRO

Comment

This is a smoking deal. Quit dickin' around and buy it already.

Comment

Quit dickin around!
                        Quit dickin around!
                        Quit dickin around!

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                          This is a smoking deal. Quit dickin' around and buy it already.
                          It's gone

Comment

The old v can be modded for very cheap to haul ass. The new one cannot. Thats what it comes down to besides the older one looks better. I think I said that before.

If you buy a new caddy, get the atsv coupe. Its one of the best looking caddys ever made.

Comment

As long as you try to impress... You shall fail

Get an accord

Comment

Never get and ats...

Comment

Working...
                                X