Credit Karma...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
    My wife has received the same bogus emails from credit karma. I just pulled her's on myfico, on your recommendation, and it's exactly where we thought it should be so, thanks for the heads up.

I'd like to pull mine there as well, but after what may already be a "hard" inquiry, I'd prefer not to.

Thanks again.
    You are not given a hard inquiry to pull your own report or buy your own score.

Comment

Originally posted by chronical View Post
      You are not given a hard inquiry to pull your own report or buy your own score.
      Cool, thanks. I thought anything other than a 3rd party pinging your credit for offers was considered a hard inquiry.

Comment

Cool, thanks. I thought anything other than a 3rd party pinging your credit for offers was considered a hard inquiry.
        Nope. And I know you don't know me so to help give you a little more faith, many card issuers such as Discover, Barclays, and walmart give you a free fico score each month as a benefit of being a card holder. That wouldn't be a very good bonus if folks were getting dinged an inquiry once a month.

Comment

Originally posted by D. Lil View Post
          I have used credit karma for at least a year as well as credit sesame. Combined it allowed me to monitor 2 out of the 3 bureaus for free. I check my report for free annually and everything credit karma has reported has been accurate.
          For me as well. Pretty accurate on the financial tracking of my loans, too.

And I really don't give two flips about my credit score. I just use it mainly to make sure no new accounts pop up.

And Credit Sesame is the more annoying of the two. It truly exists to try and tempt you to get a new credit card or refi a loan.
          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by chronical View Post
            Nope. And I know you don't know me so to help give you a little more faith, many card issuers such as Discover, Barclays, and walmart give you a free fico score each month as a benefit of being a card holder. That wouldn't be a very good bonus if folks were getting dinged an inquiry once a month.
            I forgot about discover... it really does, but makes you wonder if it's accurate...
            Last edited by Roscoe; 06-30-2014, 06:39 AM.

Comment

I forgot about discover... it really does, but makes you wonder if it's accurate...

It is accurate. You have a fantastic credit score (perfect actually). Excellent job sir

Comment

Credit Sesame has me 90 points higher than Credit Karma. Lol, thanks guys.
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                  Credit Sesame has me 90 points higher than Credit Karma. Lol, thanks guys.
                  Experian vs Transunion. And both those scores are worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                    For me as well. Pretty accurate on the financial tracking of my loans, too.

And I really don't give two flips about my credit score. I just use it mainly to make sure no new accounts pop up.

And Credit Sesame is the more annoying of the two. It truly exists to try and tempt you to get a new credit card or refi a loan.
                    Same here. Basically using it for monitoring. I really don't like credit sesame much. It doesn't show you near as much information as credit karma.

Comment

Originally posted by D. Lil View Post
                      Same here. Basically using it for monitoring. I really don't like credit sesame much. It doesn't show you near as much information as credit karma.
                      They pull from two separate bureaus. One is Transunion and one is Equifax, you may not have the exact same items on both reports.

Both credit karma and credit sesame are quite accurate in my case. Noth being within +- 10pts of my Fico score.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                        They pull from two separate bureaus. One is Transunion and one is Equifax, you may not have the exact same items on both reports.

Both credit karma and credit sesame are quite accurate in my case. Noth being within +- 10pts of my Fico score.
                        Sesame is Experian

Comment

Thanks for this post... I've been using one of the paid services like FreeScore as well as Credit Karma. I'll check MyFico.com tomorrow.

It would be nice if there was an easy way to bring a score back into the high 700's. Someone shouldn't have to keep paying for some bad decisions made in your 20's.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                            Thanks for this post... I've been using one of the paid services like FreeScore as well as Credit Karma. I'll check MyFico.com tomorrow.

It would be nice if there was an easy way to bring a score back into the high 700's. Someone shouldn't have to keep paying for some bad decisions made in your 20's.

If your 20's were less than 7 years ago, it's going to be a bit longer.

Comment

Thoughts on identity guards service?

Comment

so its 524?

god bless.
                                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                                X