Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got in a minor fender bender on the way home from work....how to proceed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got in a minor fender bender on the way home from work....how to proceed?

Got in a minor accident on the way home from work in Frisco. It was not my fault and the other driver conceeded as such. A cop showed up at the end and he conceeded to the cop it was his fault. Sounds funny, but how does this work? It's been like 12 years since I was in an accident. I got his insurance info and phone number. Do I call his insurance? Call my insurance? Does he call his insurance?

Any help is appreciated it. Thanks.

Marcus
    '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Just call his insurance, and provide them with the report number. Adjusters will call you to investigate the accident. It'll get taken care of.
    Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

was he drinking?

Comment

You are also required to call your insurance as well. I didnt know this either until I totaled my cobra last year.

Comment

Thnks guys. Filed the claim with his insurance (Progressive). Called my insurance and said no need to contact them unless Progressive gives me problems.

Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
            You are also required to call your insurance as well. I didnt know this either until I totaled my cobra last year.
            You don't have to report anything to your insurance. You'd only have to file it under your insurance in the event that the other person doesn't have coverage, or they made a liability decision adverse to you.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
              You don't have to report anything to your insurance. You'd only have to file it under your insurance in the event that the other person doesn't have coverage, or they made a liability decision adverse to you.
              Well with Geico you do. Says in the insurance contract. I didnt believe it either but the lady showed me where it stated it in the paperwork. This is even if you dont file it on your insurance.

Comment

Well with Geico you do. Says in the insurance contract. I didnt believe it either but the lady showed me where it stated it in the paperwork. This is even if you dont file it on your insurance.
                DO NOT file a claim under your own policy unless you absolutely have to. Example, the other company denies liability/coverage. A collision claim filed under your policy looks BAD regardless of fault (even if no payments were made). Ask me how I know...

Comment

Was it the 92? I hope not that thing is a beauty!

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                    DO NOT file a claim under your own policy unless you absolutely have to. Example, the other company denies liability/coverage. A collision claim filed under your policy looks BAD regardless of fault (even if no payments were made). Ask me how I know...
                    Never said you had to file a claim. Just that you have to let them know about the accident.

Comment

Never said you had to file a claim. Just that you have to let them know about the accident.
                      Must be just a Geico thing. I wouldn't tell them anyway. Of course, I wouldn't have Geico, those fucking shady thieves.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_sep View Post
                        Was it the 92? I hope not that thing is a beauty!
                        Not the '92 thank God. Just my daily driver '99 Acura CL.

Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                          Must be just a Geico thing. I wouldn't tell them anyway. Of course, I wouldn't have Geico, those fucking shady thieves.
                          Theyve taken care of me each of the 3 times I have needed them in the past 12yrs.

Comment

Let who know? Your agent?

Comment

No need to call your insurance if you're filing the claim under someone else's. That's just an excuse for them to raise rates.

Comment

Working...
                              X