Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got in a minor fender bender on the way home from work....how to proceed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MutherjuggZ View Post
    Hell you can tell them where you wanna take it, and they can setup payment directly to the shop if you want them to. Don't forget to ask for a rental car so that can get that authorized in advance. That way when you go drop off the car, they can pick you up from the shop and put you into a rental right away

feel free to hit me up if you have any questions

<---------progressive rep
    Interesting. When the adjuster on the phone was making me book an appointment for the estimate she said the same place can do the repairs. I told her no thanks, that i'm taking the car to David McDavid Acura in Plano (my dad has worked their for 15+ years and I trust their work). She still made me book an appointment for the estimate.

Are you saying I can just take the car to Acura without going to this Lewisville location for an estimate?

Marcus
    '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Comment

yes, they will come out to see the vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by MutherjuggZ View Post
        Hell you can tell them where you wanna take it, and they can setup payment directly to the shop if you want them to. Don't forget to ask for a rental car so that can get that authorized in advance. That way when you go drop off the car, they can pick you up from the shop and put you into a rental right away

feel free to hit me up if you have any questions

<---------progressive rep
        I emailed the Claim rep at Progressive. She said I have to take it to their Lewisville Collision place to complete the estimate and then I can take their estimate to David McDavid Acura. Apparantly I can't just go straight to the Acura dealership.

Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
          yes, they will come out to see the vehicle
          No, they won't. I have to take it to their collision place in Lewisville for an estimate.

Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by 2cammer97 View Post
            I emailed the Claim rep at Progressive. She said I have to take it to their Lewisville Collision place to complete the estimate and then I can take their estimate to David McDavid Acura. Apparantly I can't just go straight to the Acura dealership.

Marcus
            tell her ass to get up and drive to the dealership you want to take it to. I have never heard that before. Straighten that chick out Muther.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              tell her ass to get up and drive to the dealership you want to take it to. I have never heard that before. Straighten that chick out Muther.
              My email: "Do I have to go to Lewisville Claims Conceirge Service Center for an estimate if I will be having David McDavid Acura do all the repairs? Can I just take the car directly to Acura?"

Her response: "Yes, you will need to go to Lewisville claims location to have the estimate completed. You will then take our estimate to the location you plan on having the vehicle repaired."

Comment

My email: "Do I have to go to Lewisville Claims Conceirge Service Center for an estimate if I will be having David McDavid Acura do all the repairs? Can I just take the car directly to Acura?"

Her response: "Yes, you will need to go to Lewisville claims location to have the estimate completed. You will then take our estimate to the location you plan on having the vehicle repaired."
                The last time my wife was hit by a person with progressive. I dropped it off at the shop I wanted and it was taken care of. Never drove anywhere.

Comment

The last time my wife was hit by a person with progressive. I dropped it off at the shop I wanted and it was taken care of. Never drove anywhere.
                  How long ago was this?

Comment

How long ago was this?
                    Last year.

Comment

Last year.
                      Well, guess i'll email her back and press the issue a little more.

Marcus

Comment

Working...
                      X