What daily driver would you guys pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What daily driver would you guys pick

I drive from Mansfield to downtown Fort Worth every weekday for work. about 70% of all my driving is HWY. I really wanted to by a terminator, but I figure that would be a little much for a good DD, they are still pretty expensive. Out of these choices mods are going to be very minor. I have no desire to spend thousands on either so the fact that the mustangs has more potential doesn't really factor in. they can all be found for around the same price. Just want something fun to drive. Who here has driven these as dailys and what was your impression? or even better if you had more than one, comparisons?
    S197 GT
    0%
    350z
    0%
    03-04 Mach 1
    0%

S197 GT meaning non 5.0 right?
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

yeah, sorry 05-09.

Comment

Mach 1 by far! That might be my new toy next year!
        Originally posted by Da Prez
        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
          Mach 1 by far! That might be my new toy next year!
          Yeah, I love those cars. It's just going to be a pain finding one. I want either black or gray. the other two I could find what I want really quick.

Comment

C5 will be faster, funner, and get better gas mileage than any of those!
            Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
            Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
              C5 will be faster, funner, and get better gas mileage than any of those!
              I thought about that, but they are around 5-6k more then the three cars I have listed from what I looked at. I would love a z06 if I was getting a C5 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Religion View Post
                yeah, sorry 05-09.
                Great choice for a daily driver. Much roomier than the 99-04 models. Better MPG and efficiency. They ride much nicer as well.
                www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                  C5 will be uglier, faster, funner, and get better gas mileage than any of those!
                  fixed
                  www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I would buy the 350Z personally.

Comment

Mach 1, but if I was driving in traffic daily it would be an automatic.

I DD my 03 mach 1 to UTA and from Arlington to NRH for work, it was a 5 speed so using the clutch in stop and go traffic on 183 got old real fast.

Comment

No question, absolutely get the S197. The interior, ergonomics, and suspension are all far superior to the New Edge Mustangs. Power will be the same as the Mach1.

I've owned an '05 GT (black exterior / red leather interior) and it was hands down the best put together factory Mustang.

Marcus
                        '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Religion View Post
                          Yeah, I love those cars. It's just going to be a pain finding one. I want either black or gray. the other two I could find what I want really quick.
                          Yeah, Once I start looking I'm going to search for a Blue one! or the orange one...not sure what the paint is called exactly! GL finding one...post pic of what you end up getting!
                          Originally posted by Da Prez
                          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Mach 1 hands down... I miss mine =(

Comment

S197 would be my pick. Since power and all that isn't an issue u could get one with low mileage
                              99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                              going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Working...
                              X