What daily driver would you guys pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
    <----- C6 z06 owner. Interior blows donkey balls compared to an equally priced BMW, Mercedes, etc.

And that bad smell Brad was talking about... probably a result of the mold that grew in the vehicle due to an improperly sealed windshield. I will never drive another vette again.
    I smelled it in yours and in the three other C6's I've ridden in. It was that mold smell combined with a chemical/glue smell.

Hell, you don't even have to get up in the Bimmer and Benz range; my girlfriend's Jetta has an interior that makes a C6's look like a child's playpen.

Comment

I'm sick and tired of every thread turning into "get a vette".

1. Who do you see driving vettes? Either older men trying to compensate, or rednecks who just spent their life savings. There are exceptions, but that is the status quo, at least in this area.

2. The interior are TERRIBLE quality. Worse than sn95 mustangs. I detail a silver 05 every month, and the center section of the seat cushion, on the back part always is loose. You can seriously just take pieces of the seat off. If you say there is a bunch of room in the trunk, your just plain retarded.

3. The rear bumper is the cheapest piece of shit on the C6's. Below the headlights, you can push the bumper in 4 inches. It is so flimsy. I can not tell you how many vettes I have seen in with original paint that have different shades of paint on adjacent body panels. The refinishing in the paint blows also.

2007- 40,561 produced
      2008- 35,310 produced
      2009- 16,956 produced
      2010- 12,194 produced

Hey, at least they are becoming more rare
      Detailing by Dylan
      817-494-3396
      Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
      Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
        I'm sick and tired of every thread turning into "get a vette".

1. Who do you see driving vettes? Either older men trying to compensate, or rednecks who just spent their life savings. There are exceptions, but that is the status quo, at least in this area.

2. The interior are TERRIBLE quality. Worse than sn95 mustangs. I detail a silver 05 every month, and the center section of the seat cushion, on the back part always is loose. You can seriously just take pieces of the seat off. If you say there is a bunch of room in the trunk, your just plain retarded.

3. The rear bumper is the cheapest piece of shit on the C6's. Below the headlights, you can push the bumper in 4 inches. It is so flimsy. I can not tell you how many vettes I have seen in with original paint that have different shades of paint on adjacent body panels. The refinishing in the paint blows also.

2007- 40,561 produced
        2008- 35,310 produced
        2009- 16,956 produced
        2010- 12,194 produced

Hey, at least they are becoming more rare
        1. I am 22, I know 4-5 other people in Waco alone that are under 25 and drive vettes. Two are Z06s.

2. Interior is bad, but not sn95 bad. And you can not "take off pieces of the seat". Also, the trunk is fucking huge. I have slept back there, and my dog (st bernard) rides back there.

3. Havent seen different paint on the panels of a c6 that wasn't wrecked.

To the OP-
        Dont get a vette. I would say go with the mach 1, I think they are neat.
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
          Mach 1 by far! That might be my new toy next year!
          I could see you pimping one of those & they run good stock out the factory. Mid to low 13s I think!
          GOD BLESS TEXAS
          August Landscaping
          214-779-7278
          Seb's high class.
          He'll mow your grass.
          He'll kick your ass.
          And while his kidney stones pass,
          He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Drove an '05 GT for 5 years. No problems at all. Even in the snow and ice with summer tires.
            "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
            George Orwell

Comment

I daily drove a Z for nearly 3 years and it was a great DD if you can deal with the lack of space.

I love how vette's drive, but the C5's interior is weak, they creak and groan over bumps, if you lower them to kill the wheel gap you can't drive over a pebble without rubbing haha.

Can't comment on the S197, I haven't really driven one for an extended amount of time.

Comment

I really miss my mach 1. That was a great daily. Mileage was solid and it was a runner when needed.

Comment

I would DD the cheapest pile of shit with A/C, cruise control, and a good radio that I could find.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                    I would DD the cheapest pile of shit with A/C, cruise control, and a good radio that I could find.
                    That's what I'm talking about. I'm currently looking for an older beater pickup to drive, so I don't have to drive the '86 every day.

-Aaron

Comment

Regardless of what you think about the interior quality of the C5's, it'll be ten times more fun to drive than either of the three cars that you posted. Out of the cars that you posted though, I'd go for a 350z with a 6-speed. Not as fast as the other two, but nicer than both. Even better would be a G35 coupe with a 6-speed.
                      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Voted for the S197, especially if it's an auto. Cup holders, heat, a/c, decent radio, decent power, etc... All good in my book.

Comment

I voted mach 1 just because you can put a 150 shot and drag radials only on those cars and there monsters. On the other hand i seen a 350z with a body kit that kind of resembled a skyline the other day that was sexy as fuck to!
                          sigpic

Comment

I think a lot of these threads end up with "get a Vette" posts because they are hard to beat performance-wise for the money. The LS motors respond well to mods and you can make a ton of horsepower for a reasonable amount of money. They handle very well stock and can be made even better with some mods. I bought my '03 Z06 in '08 with only 29k miles for 1/2 the original price. I bought my '01 with less than 20k miles and 700+ rwhp for low-20s.
                            I wouldn't deny that the interior in Vettes is subpar compared to other cars in its class, but I guess coming from Fox bodies I've never owned anything with a great interior anyways (my TL has a decent interior I guess). Besides, I am not impressed with the interiors on the other cars that the OP was choosing from either.
                            I like performance so my '03 Z06 was by far the funnest car I have ever owned. It had incredible handling straight from the factory and being lighter than most cars they are quick even stock. More importantly, the mix of handling and power made for a very well balanced car.
                            If you have one that rattles or squeaks, get a tunnel plate and that usually solves the problem.
                            If you don't like the interior, you are probably better off in a heavy luxury car or a sports car that costs way more.
                            Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                            Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I would have thought the S197 would have been leading in the polls. seems like everyone who has had either of these cars as DD's love them. I don't think I could go wrong with either but they all have their strong points. I see the S197 and 350 as similar cars and the mach being the one I would probably mod more. Thanks for all the opinions with the exception of the vette talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                                I think a lot of these threads end up with "get a Vette" posts because they are hard to beat performance-wise for the money. The LS motors respond well to mods and you can make a ton of horsepower for a reasonable amount of money. They handle very well stock and can be made even better with some mods. I bought my '03 Z06 in '08 with only 29k miles for 1/2 the original price. I bought my '01 with less than 20k miles and 700+ rwhp for low-20s.
                                I wouldn't deny that the interior in Vettes is subpar compared to other cars in its class, but I guess coming from Fox bodies I've never owned anything with a great interior anyways (my TL has a decent interior I guess). Besides, I am not impressed with the interiors on the other cars that the OP was choosing from either.
                                I like performance so my '03 Z06 was by far the funnest car I have ever owned. It had incredible handling straight from the factory and being lighter than most cars they are quick even stock. More importantly, the mix of handling and power made for a very well balanced car.
                                If you have one that rattles or squeaks, get a tunnel plate and that usually solves the problem.
                                If you don't like the interior, you are probably better off in a heavy luxury car or a sports car that costs way more.
                                I agree they are solid cars, I have driven a z06 and it was awesome. Though they are about 6-7k out of my range, for an older car. The interior does look horrid in them but you're not buying the car for the interior. If I could find a nice z6 in the 18k range I would give it some thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X