What daily driver would you guys pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bad Religion View Post
    I would have thought the S197 would have been leading in the polls. seems like everyone who has had either of these cars as DD's love them. I don't think I could go wrong with either but they all have their strong points. I see the S197 and 350 as similar cars and the mach being the one I would probably mod more. Thanks for all the opinions with the exception of the vette talk.
    I find it odd too. The S197 is hands down better in every way than the New Edge Mustangs (this includes the Mach1). They make similar power to a Mach1. S197 with cold air, exhaust, and tune will make 285-305 rwhp. My previous stock '05 GT went 14.0 at 102 mph (2.3 60') the first and only pass I got to make in it. I think it would have gone 13.7 that night easy if I could have made more passes (track was extremely packed).

Marcus
    '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
      I would buy the 350Z personally.
      This, only if you can deal with the lack of space and that it chews through rear tires.
      Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

I agree they are solid cars, I have driven a z06 and it was awesome. Though they are about 6-7k out of my range, for an older car. The interior does look horrid in them but you're not buying the car for the interior. If I could find a nice z6 in the 18k range I would give it some thought.
        I sold my '03 Z06 with 50k miles this year for not a whole lot more than that. I'd check some out and make an offer. Just because they're asking more doesn't mean they won't take $18k if they're in need of money.
        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Without question, the Mach I.

Our Mach I has been the best car we have ever owned. It's never given us a single problem ever and the most reliable car we've ever had. We get constant compliments on it wherever it goes, good gas mileage even when playing with it abit. Very rarely do you see another one going down the road unlike a Vette where they are seen on a regular basis. Plenty of power for daily driving, sounds great and very comfortable. I'd buy another one without hesitation.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            Without question, the Mach I.

Our Mach I has been the best car we have ever owned. It's never given us a single problem ever and the most reliable car we've ever had. We get constant compliments on it wherever it goes, good gas mileage even when playing with it abit. Very rarely do you see another one going down the road unlike a Vette where they are seen on a regular basis. Plenty of power for daily driving, sounds great and very comfortable. I'd buy another one without hesitation.
            yeah I rarely see them. I want a black one with under 60K. that's going to be nearly impossible to find.

Comment

yeah I rarely see them. I want a black one with under 60K. that's going to be nearly impossible to find.
              Nah, just have a positive attitude about it. They're not as hard to find as you think. Check the machIregistery and such.

Comment

might i suggest 04-06 GTO? Better interior than any of these cars and the seats are super comfortable and very supportive!
                1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Two minutes of looking and already found a car within your specs - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...item1c1774255e

Comment

Two minutes of looking and already found a car within your specs - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...item1c1774255e
                    auto.... bleh. Yeah once the new year hits I will check out the registry. or maybe wait till the end of summer and get a Z06

Comment

It sucks that the interior of the vettes are such shit, they would really be a home run with a good interior
                      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

If it's not an 08+ LS3 Vette or 07+ Z06, it's not worth having in my opinion.

Comment

To the OP; Have you thought about an 01' cobra? Thats what I daily drive. It rides/handles nice. Only mods ive done are 4.10s (not as bad as you'd think) an x pipe and catback. It has plenty of power for driving daily and has a decent interior. As would the mach... Still trying to get used to the IRS thing. I picked up my 01' with 58k miles last year for 10,900 and that was with the cat back and bilstien struts all around.

Comment

Dang, that hurts Steve!

But really it just comes down to taste and what you are looking to get out of a car.
                            Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                            Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

10 grand more for 30 more horsepower over an 05,6,or 7?

You can pay for that.

I'll buy an 06 and a twin turbo kit and still be in less than an 08. In fact, that's what I plan to do in a year. I miss my old 05 C6.
                              Last edited by sc281; 12-07-2010, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Not really

Up for sale is my 03 mach 1 black, 5 speed with 38419 miles. Has a cobra front bumper and eibach sportlines both of which was on it when i purchased it. It has 18x9 and 18x10 Godspeed omegas with Nitto 555s 245/40/18 front and 285/35/18 back. Approximately 3000 very easy miles on tires. I have babied this mach since i have had it. Has mach 1000 stereo. No other modifications that I am aware of. Unforeseen economic circumstances forces sale. I am just looking to get payoff of 13,800. Thank you for your interest in advance and God Bless.

Comment

Working...
                                X