X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was it John Wiley Price by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
      It wasn't the 'slave cylinder' part, it was the "hey porch-monkey, does your greasy ass still want this" part.

Stevo
      It's OK, I'm taking it back!!

NSFW for language A LOT OF LANGUAGE!!!!!

Comment

Just proves that they are stupid. I hope your boss laughed at them. There are lots of things in the audio world named/referred to as "master" and "slave". I hope they don't read audio manuals or they will be really offended. Lolz

Comment

Iv thought about situations like that before. It's stupid that when I talk to a customer I have to rename stuff like that just so Im sure to avoid a situation like that.
          Buddy of mine almost got fired from Chesapeake because he taught a new mechanic how to measure something by saying "You start the measurement from the base of the nipple to the tip". Turned into a big pr deal and lasted about a month. People who get offended that easy are ridiculous.

Comment

They obviously wouldn't have been offended if you tried to sell them a master cylinder.

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
              Just proves that they are stupid. I hope your boss laughed at them. There are lots of things in the audio world named/referred to as "master" and "slave". I hope they don't read audio manuals or they will be really offended. Lolz
              Yep. System backup components are considered "slave(s)" where I come from. The primary components are always considered "master."

Comment

Would they have preferred "indentured servant" cylinder?

Comment

LOL. I had to convince a somewhat attractive woman several years ago that there was actually a master and slave cylinder when she wasn't sure what clutch part she needed. That was entertaining. And it took a lot of convincing.

Comment

If I was ur boss I would've kindly told them to walk over to the closest wall,put their feet up against it and yank their head out their ass.

Comment

I don't know why he was so offended. Slaves are great! They built the Egyptian pyramids, Roman roads, and the southern economy. Remind all your customers of these great achievements the next time they fail to understand a master/slave relationship and how that pertains to mechanical and electrical systems.
                      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

"obsolete farm equipment" cylinder ?
                        pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                          I don't know why he was so offended. Slaves are great! They built the Egyptian pyramids, Roman roads, and the southern economy. Remind all your customers of these great achievements the next time they fail to understand a master/slave relationship and how that pertains to mechanical and electrical systems.

Comment

So anyway, how hard did your boss laugh? I love getting calls like that.

Comment

Sounded like someone was trying to get free shit.
                              Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Your boss should have told them that their complaint would go in a black hole.
                                www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Working...
                                X