No announcement yet.

If aliens were to invade...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw Signs, all you need is a baseball bat and glasses of water all around the house.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
      In Afghanistan.
      Against who? It damn sure isn't against the US or Russia...that's my point. He was comparing low tech vs high tech

Comment

Read your history. US and Soviet tanks and helicoptors, agains Afganies with AK47s, some RPGs, Toyota pickups, and donkeys. Pretty low tech compared to helicoptors and radar and tanks.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          I saw Signs, all you need is a baseball bat and glasses of water all around the house.
          or a super soaker if you want to be a total bad ass....

Comment

Read your history. US and Soviet tanks and helicoptors, agains Afganies with AK47s, some RPGs, Toyota pickups, and donkeys. Pretty low tech compared to helicoptors and radar and tanks.
            And what exactly have they won mr history? You do realize that the us also follows much stricter rules of engagement right? Even lookin at OEF they have higher casualties...

Comment

This is true, but also look at the Soviets and the US vs Afgan warlords; clearly inferior on a technological basis but they continue to kick ass. It could go either way, just way too many variables to predict accurately.
              Only because the ROE is restrictive and that Americans in the 21st century in general are reluctant to do some of the horrific things that are sometimes required to succeed in "war"....

The tools are always there.... its always a question of will...

Comment

Soviets lost because they were in a "limited" engagement using outdated tactics against a force that was receiving aid from the US and Pakistan in the form of troops, tactical advisers, weapons, and money.

Comment

we would lose epically.

one reason: congress would have to call a session to declare war on aliens and itd take em 2 weeks to get everyone to agree on the terms of the war.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    So the us isn't part of the worlds military?

Your statements are uneducated and weak. Africa is going to get no where with AKs and AT4s. UK, Europe, and Canada would do much much more.

And I don't care if the aliens have the technology to get here...that doesn't mean their weapons are better simply because they may not be from a world that thrives on war.
                    US is part of the world's military that gets defeated. I'm mainly focusing on the remaining civilian population.

Canadians are pretty pro gun. They have more restrictive laws there, but a lot of households in Canada own guns. They are primarily hunting rifles, I believe.

Don't forget the entire middle east is full of weapons. Filipinos are a pretty gun friendly people. South Africa is full of mercinaries that make some militaries look like toy soldiers. Central and South America is full of drug lords with arsenals that would make Charlton Heston green with envy.

I watched Fallin Skies as well, and if the invasion played out like they described, with them wiping out worldwide militaries, then the only places I could see really screwed is most of Europe and Asia with super strict gun laws where private possession is rare.
                    Good points.

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
                    Why Sweden and the war lords?

I'm thinking US, China, Russia, and the middle east could put up a big fight....
                    I meant Switzerland...and it's population pretty much has a rifle in every house. Warlords, as said, they already have guns.

Originally posted by BP View Post
                    LOL
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

And what exactly have they won mr history? You do realize that the us also follows much stricter rules of engagement right? Even lookin at OEF they have higher casualties...
                      Soviets pulled out after about a decade, and even though we are still there the fighting isn't exactly over. They may not have won in the same we are won WW2, but they still spent almost 20 years fighting two world powers while living in caves and managed to give both one hell of a fight. My point is that while newer technology usually means you will win, it is not always the case. Nothing is 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                        we would lose epically.

one reason: congress would have to call a session to declare war on aliens and itd take em 2 weeks to get everyone to agree on the terms of the war.
                        Nevermind. This is something that is guranteed 100%.

Comment

bullets are no match for LASERS!

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                            bullets are no match for LASERS!
                            Lasers are no match for filter wheels and mirrors11!!!1!11!

Comment

Lasers are no match for filter wheels and mirrors11!!!1!11!
                              that's Earth lasers, made with Earth products.

How do you filter alien lasers?

Mirror shields and mirror armor would be cool

Comment

Soviets pulled out after about a decade, and even though we are still there the fighting isn't exactly over. They may not have won in the same we are won WW2, but they still spent almost 20 years fighting two world powers while living in caves and managed to give both one hell of a fight. My point is that while newer technology usually means you will win, it is not always the case. Nothing is 100%.
                                You're missing the point, we could destroy the entire country and win the war, however our politicians don't allow that to happen.

It's not that we can't win, we're just limited to what we can do to win.

Comment

Working...
                                X