If aliens were to invade...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If aliens were to invade...

So, I'm watching "Falling Skies" online last night and got to thinking.

If there ever was an alien invasion...only the USA (excluding CA, NJ, NY IL), Sweden, and war-lords in Africa could probably actually form a resistance.

I'm thinking Canada, UK and Europe would be fodder.
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post

If there ever was an alien invasion...only the USA (excluding CA, NJ, NY IL), Sweden, and war-lords in Africa could probably actually form a resistance.

You last assumption is wrong. They I've decent technologies.

Comment

Why would African War Lords make it
      GOD BLESS TEXAS
      August Landscaping
      214-779-7278
      Seb's high class.
      He'll mow your grass.
      He'll kick your ass.
      And while his kidney stones pass,
      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
        endless supply of AK-47s?

Comment

Any alien race with technology that permitted successful intergalactic travel would be able to wipe us off the planet in a wink.

Think about, what if one modern tank battalion were to go up against all the armies of Europe during the age of imperialism. It would be a slaughter.

Hell, in 1898 at the Battle of Omdurman, 8,000 British Troops faced a slightly technologically inferior force of 52,000. The British lost 47 men, the Mahdis lost 10,000 and 20,000 were wounded or captured.
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            You last assumption is wrong. They I've decent technologies.
            Premise of the show is that world's military already got their ass handed to them.
            Originally posted by SEB View Post
            They already have guns. I didn't say make it, could resist.
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I wouldn't count CA out man. You would be surprised at how many people out there believe and have guns. true there are alot of tree hugging hippies out there and they give the decent Californians a bad name. I am from CA and I hate what those liberals have done to the place. Trust me, if there was a fight you would see alot of CA step up.

Comment

Premise of the show is that world's military already got their ass handed to them.

They already have guns. I didn't say make it, could resist.
                So the us isn't part of the worlds military?

Your statements are uneducated and weak. Africa is going to get no where with AKs and AT4s. UK, Europe, and Canada would do much much more.

And I don't care if the aliens have the technology to get here...that doesn't mean their weapons are better simply because they may not be from a world that thrives on war.

Comment

Why Sweden and the war lords?

I'm thinking US, China, Russia, and the middle east could put up a big fight....

Comment

Canadians are pretty pro gun. They have more restrictive laws there, but a lot of households in Canada own guns. They are primarily hunting rifles, I believe.

Don't forget the entire middle east is full of weapons. Filipinos are a pretty gun friendly people. South Africa is full of mercinaries that make some militaries look like toy soldiers. Central and South America is full of drug lords with arsenals that would make Charlton Heston green with envy.

I watched Fallin Skies as well, and if the invasion played out like they described, with them wiping out worldwide militaries, then the only places I could see really screwed is most of Europe and Asia with super strict gun laws where private possession is rare.
                    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                      Any alien race with technology that permitted successful intergalactic travel would be able to wipe us off the planet in a wink.

Think about, what if one modern tank battalion were to go up against all the armies of Europe during the age of imperialism. It would be a slaughter.

Hell, in 1898 at the Battle of Omdurman, 8,000 British Troops faced a slightly technologically inferior force of 52,000. The British lost 47 men, the Mahdis lost 10,000 and 20,000 were wounded or captured.
                      This is true, but also look at the Soviets and the US vs Afgan warlords; clearly inferior on a technological basis but they continue to kick ass. It could go either way, just way too many variables to predict accurately.

Comment

If they wiped out all military, our only chance would be to use leftover military equipment. Absolutely no civilian weaponry will compensate for the m242s, 120mm, bombs, missiles, and other equipment. So if aliens can beat that, they win.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post

David

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                            This is true, but also look at the Soviets and the US vs Afgan warlords; clearly inferior on a technological basis but they continue to kick ass. It could go either way, just way too many variables to predict accurately.
                            Where do afghan warlords kick ass?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              Where do afghan warlords kick ass?
                              In Afghanistan.

Comment

Working...
                              X