No announcement yet.

If aliens were to invade...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do you assume they would have lasers?
    More than likely, their weapon of choice will be something we have never seen. Based on some scientific knowledge we can't comprehend. We will be royally f'ed at the very beginning, there is no doubt. They would have a huge advantage with being able to study us before the attack, and would know all of our weaknesses. We might be able to figure it all out in time, but the odds will be against us.

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr They come down and realize the common cold is a bitch and all die!

Comment

if aliens invaded why do they always have to come guns ablazin? why not like district 9?

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
        if aliens invaded why do they always have to come guns ablazin? why not like district 9?
        District 9 wasn't really an invasion. It was more like a bunch of survivors of a shipwreck.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
          District 9 wasn't really an invasion. It was more like a bunch of survivors of a shipwreck.
          but you get the idea, the prawns had weapons to commence an attack if they wanted to. but they didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
            You're missing the point, we could destroy the entire country and win the war, however our politicians don't allow that to happen.

It's not that we can't win, we're just limited to what we can do to win.
            And what makes you think an alien invasion would be any different? I mean, we were brutally attacked on 9/11 on US soil, and the politicians STILL wanted to be pussies about how to fight the war. Last time we went balls out to win was WW2; every since then it is a bunch of PC bullshit. If aliens invaded I would bet Congress would be worred about offending them or some bullshit; that is how little faith I have in them at the moment.

On another not, I'm not sure they would come in and "nuke" the planet. If they are invading it is probably because they want recources and probably wouldn't want them destroyed, so instead it would be a dance between killing all humans, but not fucking up the planet too much. Unless they are just asshole that like blowing shit up. Then all bets are off.

Comment

All we need to do is give Will Smith an alien ship to pilot

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                but you get the idea, the prawns had weapons to commence an attack if they wanted to. but they didn't.
                True, but historically that usually isn't the case with a more advanced people meeting a less advanced people. They usually go on a killing spree for one reason or another.

Maybe we will get lucky and it will be like Star Trek: First Contact. Probably not, though.

Comment

You guys keep bringing up "guns", and thinking they would help us. That's all we(the general population) have is guns, you don't think they would know that? Like said earlier, if they can travel millions of miles in outer fucking space, a bullet isn't going to hurt them.

Comment

Originally posted by kanetrain View Post
                    You guys keep bringing up "guns", and thinking they would help us. That's all we(the general population) have is guns, you don't think they would know that? Like said earlier, if they can travel millions of miles in outer fucking space, a bullet isn't going to hurt them.
                    Could be like Battle:LA.

Besides, who's to say they don't underestimate us? Maybe they see the all the military bases but fail to see how armed the populace is?

How many times have people put too much faith in technology?
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by kanetrain View Post
                      You didn't think that maybe they spent all their research capital on going to other planets as opposed to weaponry? Traveling has nothing to do with survivability compared to bullets

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                        You didn't think that maybe they spent all their research capital on going to other planets as opposed to weaponry? Traveling has nothing to do with survivability compared to bullets
                        True that. We can get to Mars now, but once there, bows & arrows would kick our ass.
                        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Now you wanna run around talkin 'bout guns like they ain't got none
                          what you think they sold em all, cause they stay well off?

Comment

trust me, im a dr.

god bless.
                            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I thought Aliens were invading - from Mexico? They have lasers? Holy shit!
                              - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
                              1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

People seem to place excessive emphasis on small arms. Your AK or ar15 is fucking useless when it comes to facing armor or any modern military, much less aliens with fuck awesome weaponry the likes of which we couldn't imagine.

Nothing cracks me up more than when some 400 pound mouth breathing neckbeard is talking about how he is ready for the revolution or some SHTF situation because he has some small arms and a few thousand rounds of ammo and the motherfucker obviously couldn't run a mile. Small arms have limited uses in a full scale war.

Yes someone can challenge this by saying "Oh, but in Vietnam" or "Afghanistan!!!" but that is different. In either case, if the goal was extermination of the entire populace, it would have been carried out swiftly mercilessly. We could have slaughtered every man, woman and child in Vietnam in a few months, and the soviets damn sure could have done the same in Afghanistan.
                                Originally posted by lincolnboy
                                After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Working...
                                X