Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the best deal you've ever gotten?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the best deal you've ever gotten?

For me it was a 32" 1080p Tv. I went to buy it two years ago when LCD's were damn expensive, the tv was marked at $499 but it rang up $189 at the register, and I walked out with it. It was a glorious day.
    2012 GT500

$750 divorce

Comment

It had to be the sub prime mortgage! Best screwing Ive ever had!

Comment

I traded a Norinco uzi for 4 complete ar15 lowers at the peak of the Obama scare.

Paid something like $600 for the uzi, and I sold all the lowers for about $1600.
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Was buying a 1080i Panasonic TV about 5 years ago and the big box store priced it incorrectly in-store - normal price was $2,799 at the time and they mis-priced it for $1,499 (this was pricing for a similar cheaper model). Had to speak to the manager about their labelling but walked out that day with the TV and a $1,300 discount.

Comment

at a garage sale I offered the owner 60% less than what he was asking for his bedroom suite and got it

Comment

I once ordered a number 4 6 pc at Chic-fil-e and got 7 pieces. It was a glories day that day..
              Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

68 mustang coupe minus engine and tranny in great shape for $300.

Comment

Bought a truck for $4500. Sold the truck 2 days later for $13.5k and the turbo off of it for $1500.

$10.5k in two days. Wish I could do that 4 times a month
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

$8 Optima battery that someone turned in as a core that was still good. Powered my 57 Bel Air for 3 years until I sold the car.

$10 for a set of used Eibach springs that a guy was convinced were worn out because they made his car that was on skinneys ride rough....

$2500 for my 1969 Dodge Charger I daily drove for 6 months, then sold for over double what I paid..

Comment

Bought a clean 76 Honda CVCC for $70, put at $12 timing belt on it in about 20 minutes, and drove it away. Sold it six months later for $1500.

Bought a Fairmont wagon at a garage sale for $125, just needed a transmission pan gasket. I drove it for four months, and sold it for $1500.

I bought a set of Panasport wheels from a scrap yard for $36, then sold them a day later for $400.

Mostly chump change shit, but I have a knack for buying stuff on the cheap.

Stevo
                      Originally posted by SSMAN
                      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Last year, bought a mispriced fridge from Lowes. It was a stainless, french door, bottom freezer setup. Retailed for $2300...was supposed to be on sale for $1649 and Lowes forgot the 1 on their website. I picked it up for $700 incl taxes and free delivery. It was delivered at 10am and sold by 2pm for $1400. Easy $700.
                        Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

Bought a 92 wrangler for 500 sold in 1 hour for 3500 bought a 02 quad cab dodge ram supposedly needed a new engine was half way apart started looking at only needed head gaskets bought it for 2500 put another 500 in it sold for 10000. Thoughs r some of the ones I can remember

Comment

When I was about 12, I was into sports cards. Was at walmart in Stillwater, OK, and my dad grabbed a pack and a box of a new upper deck release. The box rang up for $1.49... I bought as many as I could afford at the time. About 15 boxes. My dad bought the rest! Like 50 or so.

I sold them for $60 a box when I got back to Dallas. That was tall fuckin cotton in 7th grade!
                            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Bought the engagement/wedding ring for my wife when we were dating. Something odd happened with the credit card and they zero'd out the purchase. It was $1500 or so that was free and clear.

In feb of this year I bought a 97gt for $1200 and turned it for $3200.

Comment

Working...
                              X