Some recent striping jobs I've done.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some recent striping jobs I've done.

Here's some work I did on my dad's car at the car show Saturday up in Denison.

This was the first one. He thought it "was a bit too much", so I took it all off and started over. Bummer too, because I really liked this one, more so than the second one I did. The color is actually Bright Red, but it looks like orange out in the sun.

Number 2.

Here's a reproduction of the old Cadillac "bat wing" air cleaner I did for Harwell Motors today. I thought it came out pretty good. I did the scallops on the top/sides to sort of mimic the scallops on the truck.

And this is an Edelbrock intake that I painted the letters/numbers on it for a guy that my dad built the set of carburetors for.

-Aaron

Oh yeah, this IS your grandma's old car ! LOL ! This belongs to a friend of Greg (aka Shaggin Wagon). It's a 60K original mile 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale Brougham. It had hand painted stripes down the sides of the car that were different colors. I mixed the tan/medium brown to match the stripes as closely as I could, and then did the metallic copper.

This is the front of the hood and header panel.

This is the deck lid. I actually made two trips out to his apartment to do this car. I did the hood and back of the deck lid the first time, then a couple days later he texted me asking if I could come back out and do some more work on the top of the deck lid. Yep, I had to mix the tan/medium brown again to match the paint that I mixed the first time. LOL !

The striping around the "Royale" emblem was the first trip.

This on top was the second trip.

Painted on this nostalgia nitro funny car at the NHRA Fall Nationals a few weeks back. They had the vinyl wrap put on it and didn't feel like the letters stood out well enough, so they had me outline it all with magenta.

Comment

This is a '34 Dodge that I did the yellow stripes on the body, and black stripes on the wheels. This thing took pretty much ALL day ! Also did the Cadillac hubcaps for the '34 Cadillac they had there.

This is the emblem my dad put in the grille of his '32. It's off of a '38-9 Cadillac LaSalle. He cleaned it up and I painted it.

Comment

And here's my buddy's tool box at his tattoo shop.

-Aaron

Comment

Really cool shit as usual. Digging the striping on the Dodge a lot, for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
            Really cool shit as usual. Digging the striping on the Dodge a lot, for some reason.
            Thank you, sir. To me, the yellow really broke up all the black. Made a big difference on the look of the car. I haven't seen it since they put the new wide white walls on the wheels and put them on the car.

-Aaron

Comment

How much do you charge to do a tool box like that? Just got another snap on box that I don't see my self using that much but wouldn't mind it looking pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by irbs View Post
                How much do you charge to do a tool box like that? Just got another snap on box that I don't see my self using that much but wouldn't mind it looking pretty.
                I'll send ya a PM in just a sec.

-Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
                  I'll send ya a PM in just a sec.

-Aaron
                  I got a matco box that you can hook up too
                  07 GT500
                  05 SRT10
                  88 turbocoupe T-bird
                  93 Cobra
                  86 coupe
                  Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
                    I got a matco box that you can hook up too
                    What are you wanting on it ? Just one end like the one I posted above, or both ends ? Maybe the front of the drawers too ?

How many colors ?

Your location says Ray Hubbard. Where are you in relation to Allen ?

-Aaron

Comment

I'm in rowlett , I would probaly just want the front done. One or two colors and as far as design just do your thing man.
                      07 GT500
                      05 SRT10
                      88 turbocoupe T-bird
                      93 Cobra
                      86 coupe
                      Ducati 848

Comment

You did stripes on wild child? That's awesome I work in the same complex as them in Arlington. He didn't want a mustang body originally but a sponsor insisted.

Comment

You keep getting better and better. You're doing some really nice work sir

Comment

nice. looks like very tedious and time consuming work.

Comment

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
                              I'm in rowlett , I would probaly just want the front done. One or two colors and as far as design just do your thing man.
                              I'll send ya a pm.

Originally posted by Armedtrigger01 View Post
                              You did stripes on wild child? That's awesome I work in the same complex as them in Arlington. He didn't want a mustang body originally but a sponsor insisted.
                              Yeah, doesn't he also have a Camaro body to go on that chassis as well ?

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                              You keep getting better and better. You're doing some really nice work sir
                              Thank you, sir. It's coming along.

Originally posted by 3.90x3.62 View Post
                              nice. looks like very tedious and time consuming work.
                              Thanks Tim. It can be tedious and time consuming sometimes, depending on the job. The first one I did on my dad's car took no time at all, and I was even trying to go slow so I could get some people standing around at the show watching me.

-Aaron

Comment

Working...
                              X