Some recent striping jobs I've done.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha ! Kamel Toeing !

I did this '72 Chevy wrecker for a guy that is using it for a promotional thing for his "toeing" company that doesn't exist. He copyrighted the name and bought the domain name, and is going to be using it to sell t-shirts. I gave him a slogan the other day to use....."Support Your Local Hooker". He wanted it to look like it had been on there a long time, so I took some of the paint back off after I painted it on, and when I go back out to his place to do some more work on it, I'm going to hit the letters with some Scotchbrite to take the gloss off of them.

This is a bike that James Crawford had done some work on, and the owner had some new paint work done to the bike and couldn't get a hold of Mr. Crawford. Well, he passed away last year, so he found me. I separated the two colors with a tan line, and did a little striping on top of the headlight as kind of a tribute to James. He always used the little teardrops coming off of each other. There were some other places I separated the colors, but they were small, so I won't post the pictures.

And here's an SSR I flamed for a guy. He had some striping on it before but when he had the hood louvered they took all the paint off, so he had it re-painted and got my number from a friend of mine that does dealership, two-lines-down-the-sides kind of work. He wasn't sure if he wanted a pinstripe design on it again, or if he wanted flames. I took out my fine line blue tape and started laying out flames just to give him an idea of what it would look like and he loved it. So, I pulled all the tape back off, drew the flames on with a pencil where I wanted them and how I wanted them to look, and started painting. Dude LOVED it ! Some of the pictures are with the flash and some are without. The two colors on the body were previously striped in purple, so I had to use the same color to do the flames.

-Aaron

Comment

That '34 Dodge is badass!

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra2010 View Post
        That '34 Dodge is badass!
        Thanks ! I was real happy how it came out. I mixed that color because the guy wanted "mustard yellow" for the stripe, and he wanted the wheels to match the stripe. I need to get Gary to take some pictures of it all together if the owner hasn't sold the car yet !

-Aaron

Comment

So, when can you come do the Galaxie?
          You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
            So, when can you come do the Galaxie?
            Whenever you want ! Just let me know what day is good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post

This is a bike that James Crawford had done some work on, and the owner had some new paint work done to the bike and couldn't get a hold of Mr. Crawford. Well, he passed away last year, so he found me. I separated the two colors with a tan line, and did a little striping on top of the headlight as kind of a tribute to James. He always used the little teardrops coming off of each other. There were some other places I separated the colors, but they were small, so I won't post the pictures.

-Aaron
              Crawford flamed and striped my Dodge. Old man was truely an artist!

Comment

Whenever you want ! Just let me know what day is good for you.
                This weekend? Sat, Sun or Mon.
                You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                  Crawford flamed and striped my Dodge. Old man was truely an artist!
                  Yeah, definitely. There's still TONS of cars around that he's striped over the years. I can only hope someone can say the same about me when I am old and gray. Lol !

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
                  This weekend? Sat, Sun or Mon.
                  How about Monday ? Pistons N Paint is Saturday and I think I have a motorcycle set up to stripe Sunday.

-Aaron

Comment

How about Monday ? Pistons N Paint is Saturday and I think I have a motorcycle set up to stripe Sunday.

-Aaron
                    Monday works better for me too. Gives me time to replace the valve seals without being in your way.

Comment

that tool box is badass
                      -Blaine

Comment

I think I need some of your work on the hood of my 63 Fairlane.
                        68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
                        63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
                        i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

I'll be looking you up on some pin striping on my CAI once the tube gets refinished.

Comment

Originally posted by bpawl View Post
                            that tool box is badass
                            Thanks !

Originally posted by 351Coupe View Post
                            I think I need some of your work on the hood of my 63 Fairlane.
                            Whenever you're ready, just shoot me a PM and we'll get it striped up !

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                            I'll be looking you up on some pin striping on my CAI once the tube gets refinished.
                            Same with you. Let me know when it gets done and we can get it striped.

Thanks again for all the compliments, guys !

Comment

Badass work man. You never disappoint.
                              Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the next day?
                              -Fred Sanford

Comment

Originally posted by oh1bullitt View Post
                                Badass work man. You never disappoint.
                                Thanks man. I always try to take what the customer wants and put my twist on it and 9 times out of 10, when I'm happy with it, the customer loves it.

I'm the kind of guy that won't put bad work out there just to do work. If someone has an idea and it sounds great in their head, but it's not necessarily a great idea when you put it down, I'll tell them, or suggest something else.

Comment

Working...
                                X