347 help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 347 help.

I am torn on which heads and cam to run on my 347.

Looking for about 400 to wheels on motor. I am running a TFS R intake and cant decide on Victor Jr heads or go with AFR 205.

For Cams I am looking at a Comp282 or a Anderson cam.
    07 GT500
    05 SRT10
    88 turbocoupe T-bird
    93 Cobra
    86 coupe
    Ducati 848

JON KAASE heads FTW

Comment

I like the Victor Jrs., had good luck w/ them.

Comment

Originally posted by Your Name Here View Post
        JON KAASE heads FTW
        I dont have JON KAASE money
        07 GT500
        05 SRT10
        88 turbocoupe T-bird
        93 Cobra
        86 coupe
        Ducati 848

Comment

Afr heads with either an Anderson cam or custom grind. Also you will need 10.5:1 or better, nice larger exhaust and a 90mm tb with large mass air and intake tube.. Hope this helps I am building a very similar setup, pm me with any specific questions.

Toby

Comment

Originally posted by sdun View Post
            I like the Victor Jrs., had good luck w/ them.
            I like the prices of the victor jr's versus the afr205
            I am hoping I can get 400 with Vic jr, tfs r intake, and Comp 282.
            07 GT500
            05 SRT10
            88 turbocoupe T-bird
            93 Cobra
            86 coupe
            Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
              Afr heads with either an Anderson cam or custom grind. Also you will need 10.5:1 or better, nice larger exhaust and a 90mm tb with large mass air and intake tube.. Hope this helps I am building a very similar setup, pm me with any specific questions.

Toby
              Thats exactly what I am building. But the Afr are almost $500 more than the Victors.
              07 GT500
              05 SRT10
              88 turbocoupe T-bird
              93 Cobra
              86 coupe
              Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
                Thats exactly what I am building. But the Afr are almost $500 more than the Victors.
                Yes and a much better head. They flow better out of the box, and with a small amount of port work, are incredible!! the port design is also much better.. you would need to buy the cnc version victor jr to be a comparable to the afr 205, so at that price point you are are level grounds... What vehicle is this in?

Comment

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
                  I am torn on which heads and cam to run on my 347.

Looking for about 400 to wheels on motor. I am running a TFS R intake and cant decide on Victor Jr heads or go with AFR 205.

For Cams I am looking at a Comp282 or a Anderson cam.
                  400 to the wheels is about 460-480 at the crank. Thats a decent amount of power from 347 cubic inches if we are talking about running on pump gas with a hydraulic roller camshaft. Its going to need to spin 6500+ rpms to make it for sure.

I would do the AFR 205 head with a custom camshaft from Ed Curtis. You are going to need some compression as well so plan on getting up to around 11:1 for best results. I would have the R intake cleaned up a little bit and use a 1 3/4 Long tube header.

Hit me up if you need a manual trans to go behind it.

Comment

Comp 282 all the way. Put one in my 306 and it ran 7.90 on motor and 6.70s on a 150 shot, at 3300lbs. Put the same cam (literally) in my 383 and, well let's just say It runs Better. Btw both motors are 9:1.
                    Vortex rear stand $75
                    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                    My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                    but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                    11 4 door
                    13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

I'm also getting a 347 with Vic Jr's 10.5 compression with some juice

Comment

I can make that with a 306 at 10:1 comp.
                        Come on guys, the technology is out there if your willing to do some research
                        Or just ask the right person.

Comment

Originally posted by holeshot View Post
                          I can make that with a 306 at 10:1 comp.
                          Come on guys, the technology is out there if your willing to do some research
                          Or just ask the right person.
                          I doubt it unless its either (a) got a power adder or (b) a serious race type engine.

460-480 crank hp from 306 cid is asking a lot from an engine regardless of design. You are talking a 7500 rpm, solid roller, high compression setup or using a power adder.

Comment

Originally posted by thesource View Post
                            I doubt it unless its either (a) got a power adder or (b) a serious race type engine.

460-480 crank hp from 306 cid is asking a lot from an engine regardless of design. You are talking a 7500 rpm, solid roller, high compression setup or using a power adder.
                            I disagree. I made 420ish flywheel with some old ass gt40 alum heads, an air gap intake and the above mentioned cam. So with some newer heads I believe it's way possible.
                            Vortex rear stand $75
                            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                            My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                            but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                            11 4 door
                            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

I'd say vic jr's, those are going on my 306 with a little spray.

Comment

Working...
                              X