Spec or Centerforce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spec or Centerforce?

Which do you guys prefer and which one are you guys running in your street machines? Seems to me that a Spec would be the way to go due to their multiple stages to choose from.

sent from an htc EVO, the iCrap killer.
    --carlos

sigpic

I have heard spec is a good clutch, especially in the 03-04 cobras. In my 5.0 cars, I have always ran centerforce, or FRPP King Cobra.
    2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
    2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
    2012 Ford Edge

Comment

I ran a stage 3. Never had any problems with a h/c/i n20 car. Only made around 400 on n20. Friend had a centerforce and it started slipping after a year on a stock car with a 125 shot.

Comment

<--------------------- Has a Spec Stage 3 Heavy now and no trouble. Car makes over 500 RWHP before spray. I had a Ram before, and was less than thrilled with the chatter from it.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
          <--------------------- Has a Spec Stage 3 Heavy now and no trouble. Car makes over 500 RWHP before spray. I had a Ram before, and was less than thrilled with the chatter from it.
          What's the pedal like on a stage 3?

--carlos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
            What's the pedal like on a stage 3?

It's heavy, but no different that what the Ram dual friction was, at least not to me. My car is a 2K GT. Most people that sit in the car to crank it/drive it think it's a bastard, but every clutch I've ever seen for that power level is stiff. I don't have any trouble with it in traffic at all.

When I had the Ram, it was stiff too but manageable just like the Spec. The problem with the Ram was the chatter was terrible. It would just beat me to death and make my leg ache very quickly in traffic from battling it. With the Spec, I can actually get the car rolling without touching the gas and no chatter. That never happened with the Ram.

Comment

spec stage 2 here. had a centerforce and I like the spec more.
              1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

Centi Dual friction, it chatters like a bitch, but when I need it, it has not let me down...
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  Centi Dual friction, it chatters like a bitch, but when I need it, it has not let me down...
                  Odd, mine doesnt chatter at all.

The spec has a goofy pedal feel, it's like an on-off switch. I prefer the center force personally, haven't had any issues.

I can be cruising Down the road in 3rd and do a clutch dump and it won't slip. So it works for me.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

I usually dont respond to morons, but I have close to 500 without th N2O, it chatters on cars with power, not that chicken feed your pushing...
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                      I usually dont respond to morons, but I have close to 500 without th N2O, it chatters on cars with power, not that chicken feed your pushing...
                      You're so smart. Mine still doesnt chatter, and you're still an asshole. I've seen cars with power and they still didn't chatter but I'll take your word for it, because you are so smart.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Spec Stage 3
                        Lethal Performance TOB
                        I have chatter in 1st gear when the engine is cold only. Great clutch!

Horror story: When my stock clutch went out I bought the Spec and had my local shop install it, the car would not dive and was making a horrible noise, as it turns out, the clutch was defective. The pressure plate rivets were loose/broken/defective. I contacted Spec and they over nighted me a new clutch but refused to pay the additional labor for the mechanic to do the install over again. I dont know if I should blame the mechanic for not noticing the defective perssure plate, or Spec for not owning up to a defective product. Hell, maybe I should have open the box and inspected the materials. I wouldnt have noticed anything amiss though.
                        For the record car runs like a beast with the new clutch. I have 40,000 miles on it.
                        03 cobra

Comment

I've had 4 SPEC clutches now, a STG 1, two STG 2s, and a STG 4 unsprung. Loved every one of them.
                          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                          dont downshift!!
                          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

I really liked my stage 3+ with the light weight pressure plate option.
                            Ded

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                              You're so smart. Mine still doesnt chatter, and you're still an asshole. I've seen cars with power and they still didn't chatter but I'll take your word for it, because you are so smart.
                              He's so smart, he would never think of throwing a tantrum and crying for his account to be deleted only to come back and act like it never happened hoping no one would say anything, though knowing people would and just laughing it off and making smart ass comments until it eventually goes away, which it never will.

Comment

Working...
                              X