4L80 or PowerGlide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4L80 or PowerGlide

Not that I have enough money for a built 4L80 w/a trans brake, but want to see what the vote is. Car is only used for fun really. Not that it can't be driven, but most of the times I drive it currently are either to the track, or to Starbucks or someplace to log/tune it. The OD would be sweet and open up the possibilities of where I could drive it, but at the end of the day I'd still be chewing up expensive tires/brakes/etc plus increasing the likelihood that I get hit and get royally screwed by insurance. On the flip side, the glide would probably be stronger, lighter, quicker, and less b.s for me to deal with (th350 and PG use the same x-member, would need to get a driveshaft either way but wouldn't have to wire in the powerglide like I would the 80).

So, glide vs. 4l80?
    Powerglide
    0%
    4L80E
    0%
    Other (please specify)
    0%

glide
    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Lenco

Comment

damn Billy's just throwin' your money around haha
        1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
          damn Billy's just throwin' your money around haha
          money, i have money?

Comment

4l80e!

That's what I'm doing in my truck, stock 4l80e, circle d 3800 stall.
            Ded

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
              4l80e!

That's what I'm doing in my truck, stock 4l80e, circle d 3800 stall.
              what can a stock 80 hold though? i don't know what kind of power i am pushing, but i'd imagine it's over 550 @ the wheels

Comment

id go manual 80. no wiring, have the od for cruising to meets and such.

Comment

'glide. Its a turbo car, there is no reason you should have tall gears in it anyway so why mess with the added weight of a OD?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                    id go manual 80. no wiring, have the od for cruising to meets and such.
                    if this was your car and budget was a priority (but not breaking it is also a priority), what would you do and what would you expect it to cost?

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                      'glide. Its a turbo car, there is no reason you should have tall gears in it anyway so why mess with the added weight of a OD?
                      this is obviously huge talking point for me right now. gotta prove sam wrong and put a trans in there that can at least back up the 5.85 if not best it!

Comment

God damn it, less time making polls more time buying a god damned lenco

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                          what can a stock 80 hold though? i don't know what kind of power i am pushing, but i'd imagine it's over 550 @ the wheels
                          I guess I'll find out. I've read anywhere from 350-600ft lbs.
                          My issue is that I weigh 4150lbs dry and am hoping for around the same power I expect you're putting out.
                          Ded

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                            money, i have money?
                            If I had yours I'd burn mine.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                              If I had yours I'd burn mine.
                              Hrmmm, that sounds familiar.

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Working...
                              X