X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Believe

Comment

There are parts of the canadian wilds which people have never gone to. Its plausible.

What i find far more fascinating at what all could be lurking in the murky depths of our oceans. I would not be suprised if there are some absolutely amazing creatures that live in the oceans that we have never even come close to discovering.

Comment

Originally posted by redrocket5.0 View Post

Believe
          that looks like an old board member from the other site called gran86
          RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010. your always in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.

Comment

I'm not so much a believer, but I think it's naive to assume that it's not possible. The areas these sightings are in aren't exactly the most populated. I think it's entirely possible.

Not that much different than intelligent life on other planets, really. If one is possible, I believe the other has to be.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              I'm not so much a believer, but I think it's naive to assume that it's not possible. The areas these sightings are in aren't exactly the most populated. I think it's entirely possible.

Not that much different than intelligent life on other planets, really. If one is possible, I believe the other has to be.
              Except that our planet is relatively small, and space is infinite. I believe there is other intelligent life out there somewhere.

Comment

I've got family in Fouke Arkansas, about 30 miles outside Texarkana. In the 70's there was a big uproar about the Fouke Monster. They made two cheap-ass movies about it (The Legend of Boggy Creek & Return to Boggy Creek) - the first one was a semi-documentary and the other was just real poorly written and filmed fiction. My uncle and cousin were technical assistants and my uncle's best friend is the main character in the first movie, a guy named Crabtree. They all swore on their very souls that it was the real deal. There were 15 or 20 sightings over the years. Lots of anecdotal evidence. They heard all kinds of crazy screaming/howling sounds out in the thick woods. Pigs and chickens slaughtered. Footprints in creeks with water still running into them where it supposedly had been stalking a man out hunting. One family moved into a cabin out in the woods. That first night the man was taking a dump and the thing broke out the bathroom window and tried to grab the him. I don't know how real it was, but the guy went to the hospital in shock, his family stayed with friends in town that night and they moved out the next day. The house stayed abandoned/vacant for a long time. On the other hand, it could've been my cousin and his buddies playing a prank on the guy and accidentally scaring him half to death in the process.

I don't have a horse in this race; just saying THEY all believed 100%.

Oh, and those big-ass crawfish? They need to be boiling with some corn and new potatoes! Laissez les bons temps rouler!!!
                Last edited by JP135; 02-04-2011, 06:50 AM. Reason: had to fix some stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                  Except that our planet is relatively small, and space is infinite. I believe there is other intelligent life out there somewhere.
                  True, but I still think there is a lot out there that has yet to be discovered. There's not a hell of a lot of people/roads up in the mountains and shit.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    True, but I still think there is a lot out there that has yet to be discovered. There's not a hell of a lot of people/roads up in the mountains and shit.
                    Ya, the area where I camp every summer (in Hinsdale County, CO) is listed as the most remote area in the continental US, based on lack of roads and people, and the amount of wild land. Still, a mammal as large as a bigfoot would have to move around a lot to eat and find others to mate, and there would have to be enough of them to come across each other to mate. We would have more proof by now. Sure, there is more untouched land up Canada, Alaska, etc, but that's not where all the sightings come from. I'm not saying something like that couldn't exist, just that if it did, we would know about it. It's too big and too unique and there are too many people looking and trying their damndest to prove its existence for us to still have nothing more than a bunch of legends, fake footprints, and bullshit video, especially now with all of the DNA and archeological capabilities we have.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                      There are parts of the canadian wilds which people have never gone to. Its plausible.

What i find far more fascinating at what all could be lurking in the murky depths of our oceans. I would not be suprised if there are some absolutely amazing creatures that live in the oceans that we have never even come close to discovering.
                      You ain't just a whistling Dixie brother! All that crazy shit that washed up in post tsunami, and then there's this crazy thing found in 1977.
                      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

It is a tough line to cross saying they are REAL, but cryptozooologist do have new finds every year. People who say that there are to many people on the Earth for something to hide, I think that logic is flawed. There are still untouched tribes all over the world yet to receive any modern human contact. The interesting thing about bigfeet(plural?) is the historical context of the stories. Dating back as early as writing there are stories of large upright ape type animals from across the global. All have different names depending on the region. It is not just a modern crazy hillbilly thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                          You ain't just a whistling Dixie brother! All that crazy shit that washed up in post tsunami, and then there's this crazy thing found in 1977.
                          Nessie?

Why don't those yahoo's with the cameras taking pics of Bigfoot just sight in a .30-06 on one? Case closed.
                          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                            I read it fine the first time. You're still talking about really big crawfish.
                            No, I'm talking about the discovery of a new species, but you choose to not listen to it, because you claim to have found big crawdads in a creek.

I'm sorry it screws up your opinion that new species are no longer found in America.

Stevo
                            Originally posted by SSMAN
                            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                              Why does bigfoot always have to have brown hair? Why can't they be black? Or why can't they have white fur like the polar bears?
                              polar bear fur/hair is not white. Its hollow and transparent. The white color effect is the light reflecting through it.
                              Originally posted by mutherjuggz
                              That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                                No, I'm talking about the discovery of a new species, but you choose to not listen to it, because you claim to have found big crawdads in a creek.

I'm sorry it screws up your opinion that new species are no longer found in America.

Stevo
                                Dude, you're way off base. My comment about a creek having big crawdads was nothing more than a sidebar about just that - a creek with big crawdads. Big ass crawdads were mentioned in this thread, and it made me remember the big ones I'd seen as a kid. It has nothing at all to do with my opinion about new species, which you also have misinterpreted. You are reading too much into what I said.

Comment

Working...
                                X