Anyone have a Porsche Cayenne?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a Porsche Cayenne?

Anyone have one of these long term? Looking at a 2004-07 with around 60K miles. I have read about the coolant pipes and cardan/driveshaft issues, and I can handle all the routine maintenance, just worried about something I couldn't handle. I really want a Jeep SRT-8 but I need something with a little more ground clearance because I will be driving on dirt roads occasionally.
    De Oppresso Liber.

Are you 40? fake tits? A few fuck trophies?

Comment

This dude has one:
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by 95ragtop View Post
        more ground clearance because I will be driving on dirt roads occasionally.
        You're saying a Porsche Cayenne will have more???

Comment

I personally don't have one but I rode in a modded turbo one and that thing moved.

Comment

If it had the coolant pipe upgrade you'll be good on that. Cardan shafts have had several updates but are pricey if needed. $1033.00. But there is a company that rebuilds them not sure the name. Expect to go through brake pads often and get about 15k miles max per set of tires. If it needs the pipes it's about $600 worth of parts.

Comment

IMO, those are like the Paneramas. If you need a 4 door car, or an SUV, buying a Porsche is for branding only. There are plenty other brands that "do it better" for a much more reasonable price tag. It comes off as a status symbol only.

Again, that's just my opinion.

I would rather have the Jeep, or a trailblazer ss.

Comment

Ground clearance is 8.5-10.5" vs the SRT-8's 7". I would mainly be worried about the front spoiler of the SRT-8.
                De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

One of my guys has one, but it's his 3rd car, and he's only had it a year or so. It seems pretty good, but the few parts he has changed are Porsche priced, for sure.

He dailies a Boxster, so he's used to that.
                  sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                  17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                  13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                  65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                    This dude has one:

Winning!

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      Winning!
                      Agreed.. One of my favorite characters, in one of my favorite shows on TV. He plays it very well.

Comment

It will be a daily for my wife and for road trips with 2 great dane/labs, and a new born in about 8 months. I have been trying to save as much money as possible the past 2 years and finally wanting to splurge on something. The wife and I have talked about cheaper vehicles as well, I would just like opinions on the porsche.
                        De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Originally posted by 95ragtop View Post
                          It will be a daily for my wife and for road trips with 2 great dane/labs, and a new born in about 8 months. I have been trying to save as much money as possible the past 2 years and finally wanting to splurge on something. The wife and I have talked about cheaper vehicles as well, I would just like opinions on the porsche.
                          Splurging, and needlessly wasting money for branding only, are two different things, IMO. As I said, there are other options that would be more comfortable, and better suit your purposes, for far less money. Splurging, IMO, would be getting a loaded SUV with options you don't particularly "need". Like heated seats, dvd entertainment system, stuff like that.

The only real reason I could see for buying a Porsche is for performance. Like a 911 Turbo, Carrera GT, etc.

All that said, I ain't judging. If that's what you want, more power to you. I'm just offering my personal opinion.

Comment

Poor man's Paul Walker death trap.

Comment

Just get a Toureg.

Comment

Working...
                              X