Anyone seen my 1993 Cobra....new owner is running tolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
    Another thing to know about the NTTA if they threaten you with collections is they don't have your SSN so they can't report it to the credit reporting agencies.
    Can't they go through the state and hamper your ability to renew your drivers license?

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Another thing to know about the NTTA if they threaten you with collections is they don't have your SSN so they can't report it to the credit reporting agencies.
      Collection Agencies report to the Credit Reporting agencies without SSN's all the time. They just base it on name and address.

That is one of the reasons it is important to review your credit reports regularly. You can end up with shit on there that does not belong to you. Especially if you have a somewhat common name.

Comment

Originally posted by HECDOGGIE View Post
        False police report ?
        I was joking....

I learned a similar lesson a few years ago. I now sign the title with the date, pull the plates and registration sticker and fill out the form online stating I've sold it.

Comment

ALWAYS remove the license plates from any vehicle you sell. Scrape off the registration sticker.

This will force them to register the car to get tags.

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
            happened to me when i sold my old beater to EAGLETRANS on the board.
            never registered it and was running tolls.since i knew him i trusted him to send in the form but he didnt.
            Originally posted by slow99 View Post
            HOLY SHIT ... me too. Same guy bought my old beater Ranger and I got forms for fucking months on that thing. Tolls, redlight tickets, parking tickets, etc
            Homedude was selling a Lexus in the classifieds here that he specifically stated was "CLEAN," and the vehicle condition selected was excellent. GF's Camry got hit, so I was going to step it up to the Lexus. I spoke with him and asked about the car, then drove all the way out there to find out why it had been photographed with the driver's side up against the building. Both doors were jacked up, the side mirror housing broken, 2 of 4 tires had plugs, and something else I don't recall at the moment. On top of that, when I pulled up in my ex-DPS coupe he made a comment along the lines of "oh, I see why you're here. To get something a little nicer and more reliable..."

/threadhijack

Comment

Originally posted by Dacotua View Post
              ALWAYS remove the license plates from any vehicle you sell. Scrape off the registration sticker.

This will force them to register the car to get tags.
              that should be a no brainier! i guess not because i've seen this topic brought up a few times on here

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                Collection Agencies report to the Credit Reporting agencies without SSN's all the time. They just base it on name and address.

That is one of the reasons it is important to review your credit reports regularly. You can end up with shit on there that does not belong to you. Especially if you have a somewhat common name.
                That was what the NTTA told my wife when she was getting shit straightened out due to their fuck ups. According to the manager she talked to they don't report.
                Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

The people that work at the NTTA are some of the most incompetent people on this planet.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                    The people that work at the NTTA are some of the most incompetent people on this planet.
                    The folks at the Austin toll road company would take the Pepsi challenge with them for sure.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

That was what the NTTA told my wife when she was getting shit straightened out due to their fuck ups. According to the manager she talked to they don't report.
                      The NTTA may not, but if they refer the debt to a normal OCA (Outside Collections Agency) I bet that agency will report it. That is pretty much the only way they can get people to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                        They do employee share/transfers with the TSA

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                          They do employee share/transfers with the TSA
                          lateral moves.

god bless.
                          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Can we just make this a sticky? It seems this thread comes up bi-weekly.

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
                              happened to me when i sold my old beater to EAGLETRANS on the board.
                              never registered it and was running tolls.since i knew him i trusted him to send in the form but he didnt.
                              My buddy bought a car from him and got fucked over. Car came with this warranty on this supposed new tranny that was put in by him and his shop. 2 weeks later the car starts having tranny problems and loses compression on 2 of the 4 cylinders. No help from him on the warranty at all.
                              Originally posted by Jester
                              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                              Originally posted by Denny
                              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I haven't sold a car in years, but I have an Exploder that I plan to take to Trader's Village and try to get around $1200 for it. I fully expect it will be purchased by someone who routinely doesn't have insurance or English as a first language. I knew to take the plates and send off the form from the title to the state, but never occurred to me to scrape off the reg sticker or some release of liability form.

Comment

Working...
                                X