Anyone seen my 1993 Cobra....new owner is running tolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
    It's amazing how many ways the state/other organizations can milk money out of people.
    No joke!
    1990 Mustang GT - 8.17 @ 176
    1994 Supra TT - 6 speed
    2013 Viper Coupe - Just a Dodge
    2009 Rubicon - Lifted, geared, bumpered
    1991 Syclone - 25K miles
    1970 Roadrunner - Thanks Gary
    2013 GT500, 2016 Hellcat, 1972 C10
    1999 Baja - Water Toy

Comment

Have you kicked your friends ass yet?

Comment

Originally posted by boost addict View Post
        That's the plan.

Unreal. It's scary that our government can track our every movement via license plates, traffic cams, NSA, internet, etc. Really disturbing. When are we going to vote for people who want less of this stuff and not more?

Rant off.
        Sorry, both sides want this and more!
        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
        86 SVO - Sold
        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I had this happen to me. I sold the vehicle and didn't remove tags. Started getting bills in the mail. I Called ntta and sent them the paperwork I had, they said it wasn't good enough. Called the guy who had the car, he wouldn't answer my calls. Fast forward 8 months, I've never paid a penny to the ntta and they keep sending me bills that have interest tacked on to them and I keep throwing them in the trash. Now, the person who bought the car from me is calling saying he can't register the car. I laughed at him and told him "you should of answered when I called you 25 times." the ntta has somehow blocked the new owner of the car from registering it, which I don't care about since he was being shady about taking my plates off and refused to contact me to resolve the issue. I have since registered 2 other used vehicles I have purchased in the last 8 months. So, essentially all the ntta can do is prevent the new owner from registering the vehicle, and keep sending you bills in hopes that you'll break down and pay it.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
            They're not a government entity. They're a public/private partnership. Also, anyone on that road is on it voluntarily. Finally, this is still your fault for not filling out the title transfer information.
            Public means your government is involved. Period.

It is not my "fault" someone is out running tolls in a car that they have not transferred the title.

It is my "fault" for not filing the transfer notification.

Do you feel better Team America World Police?
            1994 Supra TT - 6 speed
            1991 Syclone - 25K miles
            1999 Baja - Water Toy

Comment

Originally posted by boost addict View Post
              Public means your government is involved. Period.

It is not my "fault" someone is out running tolls in a car that they have not transferred the title.

It is my "fault" for not filing the transfer notification.

Do you feel better Team America World Police?
              It is absolutely due to your negligence. Hell is full of regret, dude. Save that shit for someone else.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

tell your friend to get fucked!

Comment

Hell is full of regret, dude. Save that shit for someone else.
                  BOOSH.

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

when I sell a vehicle I require the buyer to sign a release of liability statement for this very reason
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

The dmv can file a vehicle transfer notification with buyer information years after the date you sold it and provide a letter that it is no longer owned by you beginning on the sold date. Submit a notorized affidavit of any fact including vehicle info, sale date, buyer info, etc. with the dmv letter. Im currently resolving some bullshit like this.

Comment

It is absolutely due to your negligence. Hell is full of regret, dude. Save that shit for someone else.
                        No regrets...for tomorrow is a new day! Hope you live the same...

Notification form sent. See what they say.

If you guys see this car let the little goof ball know that I know and you know what he knows and we all know he should register that thing in his name! LOL
                        1994 Supra TT - 6 speed
                        1991 Syclone - 25K miles
                        1999 Baja - Water Toy

Comment

Good on you man.
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

happened to me when i sold my old beater to EAGLETRANS on the board.
                            never registered it and was running tolls.since i knew him i trusted him to send in the form but he didnt.

I filled out the transfer form.. send it to the DMV and then to NTTA and they took care of it.
                            2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
                              happened to me when i sold my old beater to EAGLETRANS on the board.
                              never registered it and was running tolls.since i knew him i trusted him to send in the form but he didnt.

I filled out the transfer form.. send it to the DMV and then to NTTA and they took care of it.
                              HOLY SHIT ... me too. Same guy bought my old beater Ranger and I got forms for fucking months on that thing. Tolls, redlight tickets, parking tickets, etc.

I had filled out that form and sent it to the state, so luckily I just had to resend it to them and everywhere that was sending me bills.
                              Originally posted by davbrucas
                              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Another thing to know about the NTTA if they threaten you with collections is they don't have your SSN so they can't report it to the credit reporting agencies.
                                Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                                Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Working...
                                X