Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 10 things I have learned about D R Horton homes since owning one for 5.5 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
    my wife has been showing a couple of homes in your neighborhood, over the last week or so...it looks like a decent little community. i guess that heartland is a town, but it shows up in the navigation as forney.
    Maybe she can show ours this next spring lol. We are ready to bounce. Becoming another Mesquite. lol

Comment

I bought a Beazer home in 2004. Every Sunday I would stop by and take pictures of the building process. Was kinda cool. Saw a few things and Monday morning raised some hell about it. Got about 200 pictures and video of the process.

I go back and look at all the pictures time to time... sure liked this "hood" while it was not built up.
      Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

I always laughed back in 2000 when optima homes would brick 3 sides of a house and then siding the whole back of the house. Now it seems like that's the standard.

Comment

My neighborhood is all D.R. Horton homes and yes I agree they are poorly built. They look good from the outside but are cheap!! Hell, They have them built in about 30 days or less!!
          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by 2K2 LS1 View Post
            Maybe she can show ours this next spring lol. We are ready to bounce. Becoming another Mesquite. lol
            that's where all of the skeeters and grove rats ran to when it started going down hill! everyone in forney is either from mesquite or pleasant grove, it seems like!

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
              I always laughed back in 2000 when optima homes would brick 3 sides of a house and then siding the whole back of the house. Now it seems like that's the standard.
              That's the one thing I am glad I bribed the contractor with a case of beer not to do. Most houses in our neighborhood are that way. Mine is all brick with exception for some funny reason the sides of the over-hangs on the covered porches and the chimney stack.

Comment

that's where all of the skeeters and grove rats ran to when it started going down hill! everyone in forney is either from mesquite or pleasant grove, it seems like!
                Lot's of Duncanville Hood-Rats too lol....wasn't that way when we moved in. With all the turn over from foreclosures, they sure have restocked the neighborhood with plenty of shady characters.

Comment

Yup. That is what is going on. It is really making me think twice about moving out of Forney now. Luckily my job is remote so I am not tied down to downtown Dallas any longer. We were staying away from Heartland and Windmill Farms. Now we may not even stay in Forney.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                    Yup. That is what is going on. It is really making me think twice about moving out of Forney now. Luckily my job is remote so I am not tied down to downtown Dallas any longer. We were staying away from Heartland and Windmill Farms. Now we may not even stay in Forney.
                    We wish we had gone with the other house in Diamond Creek now instead lol

Comment

We wish we had gone with the other house in Diamond Creek now instead lol
                      Isn't that the one off of 548? I wouldn't go there either. heck, the best looking new neighborhood is Travis Ranch IMO, and I am not so sure about that area now either. I have been keeping an eye out for any older homes outside the city limits TBH.

Comment

Isn't that the one off of 548? I wouldn't go there either. heck, the best looking new neighborhood is Travis Ranch IMO, and I am not so sure about that area now either.
                        Gonna have to look at the $250k+ neighborhoods from now on to weed out the trash lol

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          You just described every cookie cutter home builder in the country. Nothing new.
                          Now you're talking out of your ass. You can say what you want about MMA, L.A. and SaHD shit, but this is something you have no clue about.

I spent three years researching my next home builder before I bought/built and Highland/Hunnington homes were by far the best. Their customer service and build quality at the time were the above par. I've been in my home 12 years this November and have not had any issues with their build. I have many, many friends that have had similar issues as Brad, but I have had none.
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            Now you're talking out of your ass. You can say what you want about MMA, L.A. and SaHD shit, but this is something you have no clue about.

I spent three years researching my next home builder before I bought/built and Highland/Hunnington homes were by far the best. Their customer service and build quality at the time were the above par. I've been in my home 12 years this November and have not had any issues with their build. I have many, many friends that have had similar issues as Brad, but I have had none.
                            I hate to admit it but I have pics of most of the flaws in the building process, and everyone told us at the time that was common for a starter home and we were naive enough to believe them.

Comment

Isn't that the one off of 548? I wouldn't go there either. heck, the best looking new neighborhood is Travis Ranch IMO, and I am not so sure about that area now either. I have been keeping an eye out for any older homes outside the city limits TBH.
                              What about Devonshire ( a Highland Homes subdivision) up FM548, we went there a month ago and the hood was pretty decent, I saw no riff-raff, cars on 30's, redneck 4x4's or people of african decent.
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post

Respectfully, I'm not talking out of my ass, I'm more informed on this than you are aware. Any mass production builder who uses outsourced crews for their builds will not be strictly held to build guildlines. Any builder who uses outside crews are simply concerned with build times, keeping costs down and having the houses within the given cities allowances in order to pass inspection. Some builders are better than others trying to hold their crews to their standards, but these are the fewer and farther in between.

Comment

Working...
                                X