Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody hate black as much as I do right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank View Post
    I love black. One of those California dusters were the best investment I ever made.
    I bought one of those for my Mustang. Some people swear by them, but iit didn't work so great n my case. However, a black car that's been in the Texas sun for a decade is kind of hard to do anything to draw your attention away from oxidation and haze. Blacks wins when it's new and clean. Clay bar and a lot of polishing works, but I'll take white or silver for being low maintenance and looking better in the long run.

Comment

Had a 98 Seville that looked like Darth Vader's helmet when it was clean. Problem is that the universe conspires to never allow it to be clean for more than two nano seconds. Will never own another black car.

Comment

Spray this on the paint:

Comment

I have a black stored in my garage. She gets so dusty so fast just sitting there I pulled body parts and store them in the attack. Well that is not the real reason but it lets me sleep better at night.

I use a california duster on the cobra every chance I get when I am home. I also have a super soft, super expensive, super awesome California car cover but it is red and leaves lint on all the felt of the tops weather stripping though.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Do they sell Zaino in this area anymore?

When I had my black C5, I used Zaino to keep the car sharp looking, although it was expensive compared to other similar products. But after constant shining and all that, I was glad it was time to move on to another car. I have since turned to light colored cars. Heck of a lot cooler in summer and does not show dirt near as bad as black.

I guess everyone needs to have one black car to be able to say, "No more!"
            Mustangs previously owned:
            1967 Coupe V8 (My first car)
            1992 LX AOD
            1993 LX Drag Car
            1995 GTS
            1997 Cobra
            2000 Cobra R

2002 Corvette C5 A4 10.64@ 127.1
            Undercover SC Dragster 8.10's

In the garage now....
            2016 Honda Accord Touring
            2015 F-150 Silver 5.0 XLT SuperCrew, like new condition

Retired 2008 after 41 years as an EE at LTV (Garland)/TI/Raytheon. Enjoying ham radio now.

Comment

Originally posted by Fern View Post
              Love my black Lexus but I feel ya homie.
              I thought that all Lexus' came in that god-awful goldish/silverish color. I'm sure that it looks pimp for all of 10 minutes. Add an extra 10 minutes just 'cause you're behind the wheel.

FWIW a car is much easier to de-print and un-dust than a host of electronics. When I get rich the TV is going on the wall, the desk will be hardwood, and everything else is going in a closet.

Comment

Originally posted by 3.90x3.62 View Post
                I bought one of those for my Mustang. Some people swear by them, but iit didn't work so great n my case. However, a black car that's been in the Texas sun for a decade is kind of hard to do anything to draw your attention away from oxidation and haze. Blacks wins when it's new and clean. Clay bar and a lot of polishing works, but I'll take white or silver for being low maintenance and looking better in the long run.
                Congrats for posting like one of us commoners. Monosyllabic (sp) words aren't so horrible, are they?

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                  I thought that all Lexus' came in that god-awful goldish/silverish color.
                  Man, Lexus black (my freshly sprayed '98 SC300) is so rich, I didn't think they made any other colors.

Comment

Working...
                  X