MPG on my 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    I went to San Antonio this weekend, on the way there I was getting good MPG but once I hit the 130 tollway I was hitting triple digit speeds and it screwed up my MPG.
    On the way back I left on the cruise control on and and when I got back to Allen I did the calculations and I was getting 32mpg, this of course was all hwy miles, A/C on and I averaged 75mph. All I have done is install a K&N drop in filter and my car is a Auto.
    I was very impressed, this car is getting the same MPG as my wifes 08 MKZ with the 24v V-6...

And you wonder why the Plano PD had made so many contacts with you???

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
      And you wonder why the Plano PD had made so many contacts with you???
      I've already told you to read smarter not harder, NEVER has PPD caught me doing triple digit speeds in their city, they have harassed me for driving a sports car and pulled me over for stupid shit like no front plate, reported stolen mustang and even once for impersonating a bank robber. Soccer moms in mini-vans have passed me and they are hiding behind bushes and pull me over, so FUCK THE PLANO POLICE DEPARTMENT!
      Its OK I don't drive the Cobra anymore and certainly not in Plano, so suck it cop!
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I've already told you to read smarter not harder, NEVER has PPD caught me doing triple digit speeds in their city, they have harassed me for driving a sports car and pulled me over for stupid shit like no front plate, reported stolen mustang and even once for impersonating a bank robber. Soccer moms in mini-vans have passed me and they are hiding behind bushes and pull me over, so FUCK THE PLANO POLICE DEPARTMENT!
        Its OK I don't drive the Cobra anymore and certainly not in Plano, so suck it cop!
        This will piss you off.

I was going to the donut store (irony) on a Sunday morning a year ago. I got there, realized my wallet was still at home so I started my trip back. I passed a Plano black and white going the other way and kept cruising. Twenty seconds later I've got red and blues behind me.

Checklist:
        • License : In the wallet at home
        • Insurance: Expired and in the USAA mail at home

Cop comes up to me and says I looked suspicious, being a young guy driving a nice car and he wanted to run my plates to verify ownership.

Registration search comes back in my name, he tells me nice car and I'm on my way back to the house.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamLX View Post
          This will piss you off.

I was going to the donut store (irony) on a Sunday morning a year ago. I got there, realized my wallet was still at home so I started my trip back. I passed a Plano black and white going the other way and kept cruising. Twenty seconds later I've got red and blues behind me.

Checklist:

Cop comes up to me and says I looked suspicious, being a young guy driving a nice car and he wanted to run my plates to verify ownership.

Registration search comes back in my name, he tells me nice car and I'm on my way back to the house.
          How did he verify you were the named owner without picture ID to prove it?

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
            birthday and ssn probably.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
              Like Kyle said, I think it was birthday and social or home address, can't remember.

The stop was alltogether total horseshit.

Comment

Like Kyle said, I think it was birthday and social or home address, can't remember.

The stop was alltogether total horseshit.
                Ahh yes.....

Comment

Anything to get a rise out of you Henry!

You still owe me lunch you slacker!

Comment

This will piss you off.

Checklist:

Your'e white! Thats why.

Comment

with a CAI/email tune i was seeing ~25-27 mpg on my trip to SA in May and i have 3.73s...with that auto you dont actually NEED a lot of rear gear...go with a 3.55 and you'll be good. a bump in performance and you still maintain decent mileage.
                      2011 Mustang GT
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                        Your'e white! Thats why.
                        I was about to post the same shit, but didn't want to be labeled a racist.
                        Originally posted by KungFuHamster View Post
                        with a CAI/email tune i was seeing ~25-27 mpg on my trip to SA in May and i have 3.73s...with that auto you dont actually NEED a lot of rear gear...go with a 3.55 and you'll be good. a bump in performance and you still maintain decent mileage.
                        I was actually contemplating 3.55's or 3:73's. I'll have to take a ride in Jeremys car to see how it behaves with 4.10's...
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I was actually contemplating 3.55's or 3:73's.

Come get my 3.55's. But that would take a phone call from you....guess not

Comment

I was about to post the same shit, but didn't want to be labeled a racist.
                            I was actually contemplating 3.55's or 3:73's. I'll have to take a ride in Jeremys car to see how it behaves with 4.10's...
                            lol Racist for thinking it lol

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                              Your'e white! Thats why.
                              Even better, the cop was black.

Comment

Even better, the cop was black.
                                Black cop that has at least a bachelors degree LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X