MPG on my 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPG on my 5.0

I went to San Antonio this weekend, on the way there I was getting good MPG but once I hit the 130 tollway I was hitting triple digit speeds and it screwed up my MPG.
    On the way back I left on the cruise control on and and when I got back to Allen I did the calculations and I was getting 32mpg, this of course was all hwy miles, A/C on and I averaged 75mph. All I have done is install a K&N drop in filter and my car is a Auto.
    I was very impressed, this car is getting the same MPG as my wifes 08 MKZ with the 24v V-6...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

What rear gears do you have?

All highway, I can manage an average of 24-26 but I drive 75-80 everywhere and the crusie control doesn't last long before I come up on some assbag doing 60 in the left lane...
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Good mileage, now you need to put some 4.10s in it. I assume you have 3.31s now?

Comment

Were you pacing a brick wall?

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
          Good mileage, now you need to put some 4.10s in it. I assume you have 3.31s now?
          IIRC according to Jeremy and Manny they have 3.16's in the autos. I'll have to go back and check to be sure
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I couldn't help but to think about the triple digit speeds and FTPP! lol
            Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Yup, I was off by one, but they come with 3.15:1

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                IIRC according to Jeremy and Manny they have 3.16's in the autos. I'll have to go back and check to be sure
                You're correct, I overlooked the "Auto" in your original post.

I'd still put 4.10s in it.....HPP will be glad to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                  I couldn't help but to think about the triple digit speeds and FTPP! lol
                  lmao, I couldn't help myself. All new concrete toll road with no traffic and no cops for miles, I had to get it on, MAN!

Comment

Dang. With my 6 spd standard and 3.73 the highest I ever got was 21mpg

Sent from my iPhone killer!
                    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

You're correct, I overlooked the "Auto" in your original post.

I'd still put 4.10s in it.....HPP will be glad to do it.
                      I was there last week talking to Manny, hes either going to go twin turbo, but he might go KB and im going to pick up his BOSS intake, probably do CAI, LT's, HFCatted and his tune. We have identical cars, sans a few options. He ran 11.7 with those mods and no gears I believe.

Comment

Yeah, those mods change things.....no 4.10s after all.

Comment

I put 410's in with my auto. Boss intake,Jlt cold air, and race bassini mufflers and a wilson tune.

Comment

Yeah, those mods change things.....no 4.10s after all.
                            I do alot of hwy driving, I sure do like setting the cruise and getting MPG's. We'll see though, ill work my way up to gears im sure, but for now Im happy with the 3.15's. I still have my Cobra with 4:30's so if I want to get 'sketchy' I can always go for a snake ride...

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              I do alot of hwy driving, I sure do like setting the cruise and getting MPG's. We'll see though, ill work my way up to gears im sure, but for now Im happy with the 3.15's. I still have my Cobra with 4:30's so if I want to get 'sketchy' I can always go for a snake ride...
                              You wanna run the cobra son?

Comment

Working...
                              X