Question about a scenario we have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about a scenario we have

My wife was in a wedding this weekend in which the dresses were made from scratch. The woman made the dresses half ass and delivered them an hour before the wedding. Nothing fits right, one of them wasn't even really complete. They basically had to use some clothes pens to keep them together.

The woman was late bringing the dresses and then when she got there she dropped them off, and said she had to go to her car, and then never came back.

So the question is, technically they took delivery and have not paid yet. So, are we technically still going to have to pay her? It is not worth going to court over, just an interesting scenario.

What is the normal procedure on something like this?
    Last edited by mstng86; 05-09-2011, 11:34 AM.

From my VERY limited experience, those dresses aren't about fitment. It's all about matching a color scheme. I don't think anyone expects a perfect fit, and most of the time the seamstress is under a lot of pressure from the bride to get everyone fitted. Even if they were ordered in advance, people gain and lose weight in the interim. Unless it was just absurdly expensive, pay the poor woman. I'm betting she earned it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
      From my VERY limited experience, those dresses aren't about fitment. It's all about matching a color scheme. I don't think anyone expects a perfect fit, and most of the time the seamstress is under a lot of pressure from the bride to get everyone fitted. Even if they were ordered in advance, people gain and lose weight in the interim. Unless it was just absurdly expensive, pay the poor woman. I'm betting she earned it.
      Hmmmm, it wasn't about fitment really. One dresses zipper wasn't even lined up. Things really weren't complete.

Comment

I'm betting she earned it.
        doesn't sound like it lol

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          Hmmmm, it wasn't about fitment really. One dresses zipper wasn't even lined up. Things really weren't complete.
          She'll never wear it again. It was a one-shot deal. If the bride was happy, it's the price you pay for being in a wedding.

Comment

Originally posted by D. Lil View Post
            doesn't sound like it lol
            Only her and the bride would know that. I've been through (and paid for) a huge wedding (as a dad), and I can tell you a lot of bullshit goes on when dealing with a bride-to-be and her mama.

Comment

She'll never wear it again. It was a one-shot deal. If the bride was happy, it's the price you pay for being in a wedding.
              Well the brides dress wasn't even complete, but it is either make it down the isle with what you have or start looking for some nice clothes an hour before the wedding.

Comment

Negotiate, negotiate, negotiate.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  Well the brides dress wasn't even complete, but it is either make it down the isle with what you have or start looking for some nice clothes an hour before the wedding.
                  It's pretty obvious you don't want to pay her, so don't. Problem solved.

Comment

It's pretty obvious you don't want to pay her, so don't. Problem solved.
                    I really don't care if we pay her. I just thought it was interesting since the woman literally ran away and didn't even bother asking for payment when she showed up with the dresses.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                      Negotiate, negotiate, negotiate.
                      Maybe this is the answer. Since so many were unhappy.

Comment

if i dont get what i am charged for, i aint paying. sue me.

god bless.
                        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post

god bless.
                          This.

Comment

Maybe this is the answer. Since so many were unhappy.
                            Originally posted by ELVIS View Post

god bless.
                            There probably is some little of both that is going to happen. I don't think we should have to pay full price in this instance. Normally I would say pay the person, but when they just run off and don't support their product, that kind of changes my feelings on the matter.

Comment

they showed how much they cared. now it your turn. i'd tell them they can come pick their shit up, but i aint paying for a half assed job.

god bless.
                              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                              X