Buy up your parts and mark your calenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy up your parts and mark your calenders

One week away. Party will be next Saturday, January 8 at my house in Haslet. PM me if you are planning on coming and I will send you directions on Thursday night. Lets kick it off at 5pm. You still have one week to order parts. I will have one complete build to assemble and a gas piston conversion to do on another gun.

I am planning another trip home in December that will lay me over until mid January. I would like to put another build party/gtg/barbeque etc together for an afternoon on a Sunday, more than likely the 2nd or the 9th of January.

So let this serve as advanced warning. Buy up your kits, ask santa for some Christmas toys, etc.

The plan is do this in my garage; don't worry there is heat in there and ample space in the man cave. I should have a parts washer up and running and a small pancake air compressor also.

I would like to make this a BBQ/build party/GTG/meet new folks and exchange ideas/and car talk........alcohol is welcomed but only after the firearms are put away. Safety first.

If you think you might be in for this post up and let me know. If you plan on bringing any kind of food let us know also. I will PM you the address two days before the event. We are easy to locate on the map (287 and Bonds Ranch rd approx 15 minutes north from CTD)

....and cause we all love pics
    January 2nd
    0%
    January 9th
    0%
    Any other day from Dec 21-Jan16
    0%
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Am I ever going to be able to convince you to do a saturday?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
      Am I ever going to be able to convince you to do a saturday?
      The 8th? I can do Saturday the 8th.

I figure the first is out being the holiday and all.

Comment

I'll be home. I doubt I can buy a bunch of parts without throwing them together immediately. LOL

Comment

I'm in to meet some folks.

Comment

Maybe i'll have my parts in by then!
            IMG_0424

Comment

Im in for either. I ordered my kit Friday

Comment

I don't have any gun projects in the forseeable future, but would be happy to show up and lend a hand.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                  I don't have any gun projects in the forseeable future, but would be happy to show up and lend a hand.
                  What happend to you smoking ribs?

Keith, I chose the 2nd but can do any date.
                  <-- also not building anything, just wanting to hang (and eat Matt's ribs).

David

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                    What happend to you smoking ribs?

Keith, I chose the 2nd but can do any date.
                    <-- also not building anything, just wanting to hang (and eat Matt's ribs).

David
                    David it looks like the 8th will be the date. Our moderator here and a guy with tons of knowledge can only do a Saturday and the 1st is a holiday (even though I may end up buying the UFC fight that night and invite a few people over).

I wasn't gonna mention the ribs again until Matt brought them up in this new thread. Since you already let the cat out, YO Matt what bout dem ribs?

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                      David it looks like the 8th will be the date. Our moderator here and a guy with tons of knowledge can only do a Saturday and the 1st is a holiday (even though I may end up buying the UFC fight that night and invite a few people over).

I wasn't gonna mention the ribs again until Matt brought them up in this new thread. Since you already let the cat out, YO Matt what bout dem ribs?
                      lol

I do what I can.

David

Comment

Still in for whenever.

Comment

Alright guys I will have an upper to build and maybe two by the time the GTG rolls around.

I ordered a Mega Billet upper and a Young MFG Chrome NM BCG from Rainier Arms and they shipped the same day.

I also ordered from Midway a Saber 24" 1:8" .223 flutted barrel, Magpul black PRS (stock), Buffer Technology Enidine recoil buffer and a small handfull of 20rd black Pmags. Midway was just as fast with the shipping also; shipped out the same day.

I already have a complete lower with buffer tube installed and this should make one heck of a tack driver. I still need to find my Troy Industries 13" TRX Battle Rail, sights or scope setup, and bipod.

So there it is, I got parts on the way. Now to find a 11.5" barrel, piston conversion kit and forearm for my SBR.

And if any of you tell my wife that I bought new stuff I am gonna have to introduce you to the shallow grave in my backyard.
                          Last edited by KBScobravert; 12-07-2010, 11:44 PM.

Comment

The 8th works for me.
                            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Oh well... I fly back on the 4th, but I can definately meet up with you in Dubai to show you the REAL Irish Village.

Comment

Working...
                              X