A friends Home Invasion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A friends Home Invasion

A couple of nights ago a buddy of mine who's in my Unit had a home invasion. About 2am his son woke up to a loud noise, someone was breaking down the front door. The guy made it in the house as his son was coming out of his room. Steve never hear anything until his son yelled " get the fuck out my house". Steve runs down the stairs in his underwear, with out his gun, to find a man in his entryway. He reiterates several time about forgetting his Glock in the nightstand. Anyhow when he gets downstairs he can tell the guy is very drunk. He chokes the guy out while his son runs to grabs his AR, his son is 19 btw w/ his own AR. By this time his wife, who remembers to grab the Glock, comes down stairs. So his son and his wife have the guy at gun point while Steve has him in a headlock. The guy thought he lived there, he was that drunk. Steve was able to realize quickly that the guy was inebriated before anyone fired on his dumb drunk ass. So the cops show up and arrest the guy, so on and so forth..

I would of just fired and asked questions later. But then again i would of just killed a dumb drunk who thought he was at the right place. We can all say what we would do, but you never know until it happens.
    You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Breaking down the front door of your "own" house? I've been drunk, but not that drunk.

If the guy was unarmed, I'd have a really hard time shooting him, he would have to be threatening in some way. Very traumatizing for sure, but not worth a guys life, you might get away with it in court, but something like that would weigh on my mind forever.

In think that in this case, forgetting the pistol was a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
      he would have to be threatening in some way
      Like breaking down your fucking door at 2am?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
        Like breaking down your fucking door at 2am?
        Woulda coulda shoulda. I wasn't there, so I don't know how I would have reacted. Being there to hear the first knock, and watching him fall through the door are two different scenarios.

Comment

tricky situation, its good that they didn't fire. From a moral standpoint if I knew he was drunk off his ass I would not have fired. I would have gotten his ass arrested, and have him pay for damages, but then again in the dead of sleep at 2 am when you hear your door being broken down, you don't think the perp is drunk. So I might have fired first because I know that it takes a fucking bomb raid siren to wake my ass up. Regardless after this drunk fuck got arrested he will probably remember that they spared his life, and he should not go on a drinking barge. I had someone in a party one time kick down the neighbours door thinking the party was at that house. Good thing my neighbours were gay liberals, otherwise he would have gotten his ass shot.
          First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

damn, that is one lucky drunk!

if i woke up to someone in my house i would shoot first if it was dark. if there is light and i can see he is drunk i would at gunpoint force him to the ground until the cops get there

fuck taking chances

Comment

Good thing he forgot the gun. Everyone knows if the drunk was so far out of it he kicked down the door to the wrong house he damn sure was not going to listen to reason or cooperate at gun point. You can not fight, subdue, armbar, chicken wing or whatever the fuck a badass does,with a gun in your hand, you damn sure can not set it down to go Chuck Norris his ass. You loose, he has your gun now you are going to get shot.

Glad it worked out the way it did for him. Hopefully the drunk ass appoligizes for what he did and thanks them for not ventilating him.
              Last edited by KBScobravert; 07-24-2011, 12:58 AM.
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

fuck that, if he keeps coming at you blast him. being a stupid drunken fucking idiot doesn't give you the right to do whatever you want and get away with it

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
                  fuck that, if he keeps coming at you blast him. being a stupid drunken fucking idiot doesn't give you the right to do whatever you want and get away with it
                  You have a point, drunks can kill you just as dead as a sober person. Like I said above, had he tried to order the dude at gun point to do anything it would not have worked. He would have been forced to shoot to stop the potnetial threat to his family and him. It would have sucked big time to have to live with that.
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

people do weird shit! How drunk are you to kick down your own door? I guess he was going there to beat his wife or some shit like that!

Comment

Yeah, who the fuck breaks down their own door, usually you break a window, not the front door. I sleep pretty lightly and if I hear my front door being broken open, Im coming out shooting, Im not trying to sound like a baddass, but thats just they way it is. My kids all have keys, so does my mom, anyone else gets a hydroshock to the chest cavity.
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I'm glad everything worked out like it did. (no one shot)

So now I have a question about this with a twist.

What if the guy breaking in, with his buddy's, yelling POLICE, FBI, and they are not.

What do you do then? Keep in mind your just waking up.

After thinking about it. Read the 4th amendment. See if you change your mind on how you think you would react.

Then watch this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94ia5znNuw0

Did you change your mind?

Comment

18 years ago I woke up to the sound of breaking glass and found a black dude on my apartment patio trying to get into the apartment. After asking him what he was up to his answers made it clear that he was wasted. I unlocked the door a jerked him into the living room and gave him a butt stroke to the head that dropped him. After a moment I realized that I knew the guy and called a friend of his to come get him. If he had been sober I probably would have shot him; today it just makes for a funny story.

I am glad that your buddy didn't have to shoot anyone.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

It sounds to me like the dude was subdued by the Dad. I'm guessing there may have been a different outcome if he remembered his gun, but he reacted the best he could do at the time.

I'm NOT firing at some dude who is subdued with a friend/family member hanging on to him/her.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

you all are thinking about what you would have done... I'm sitting here laughing because the guy must live close to them or he wouldn't have thought he was at his own house... how awkward is that going to be seeing the guy in the parking lot haha
                              1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Working...
                              X