buying first gun... need advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying first gun... need advice.

Ok so I'm a real big newb. I want the world in a gun but need to know what compromise I have to deal with

price: honestly, dont give a shit. if like the gun ll buy it. wont ever have more than 2 guns imo so why skimp?

looks: want a gun that isnt boring... camo, blue, chrome, gold pearl, something baller... fuck a boring glock.

caliber: dunno? something thats accurate as hell and low recoil.. i dont want the gun flying around when m shooting it fast. like read on a gun site, the guy said he'd rather have 5 center of mass hits than 10 hitting the ceiling... lmao

My cousin who has like 30 guns says sig or kimber... R those the two top of line? I'm also very intrigued with a gun called the Five seveN by FN that shoots their P90 5.7x28mm rounds at extreme accuracy and long range. The only drawback is its sorta blah lookin.. Lol

Any help would be appreciated.. And if u have a cool gun in mind, where to buy?

You're going to take your eye out.

Comment

Comment

Maybe???

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
          Hahaha now that's baller

Comment

That 5.7 seems to be a real PITA both in the weapon and dealing with the manufacture. You didn't mention if you planned on using this purchase for recreation or carry, that would mean many differences in what I would want personally. I happen to like 45s for my needs.
            Of my small collection of 1911s I'm partial to my Wilson
            Combat, followed by my Kimbers, then Colts. Everyone is going to piss and moan about one brand or another, but your best bet is to rent as many as you can and buy a well known brand.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

This is how I roll

Comment

Originally posted by STROKD View Post
                Ok so I'm a real big newb. I want the world in a gun but need to know what compromise I have to deal with

price: honestly, dont give a shit. if like the gun ll buy it. wont ever have more than 2 guns imo so why skimp?

looks: want a gun that isnt boring... camo, blue, chrome, gold pearl, something baller... fuck a boring glock.

caliber: dunno? something thats accurate as hell and low recoil.. i dont want the gun flying around when m shooting it fast. like read on a gun site, the guy said he'd rather have 5 center of mass hits than 10 hitting the ceiling... lmao

My cousin who has like 30 guns says sig or kimber... R those the two top of line? I'm also very intrigued with a gun called the Five seveN by FN that shoots their P90 5.7x28mm rounds at extreme accuracy and long range. The only drawback is its sorta blah lookin.. Lol

Any help would be appreciated.. And if u have a cool gun in mind, where to buy?
                The Five Seven is and was a clown shoe, It does nothing well all told. Low recoil accurate and exciting... 1911's can be pretty fancy and they are great guns - kimbers are great choices, any 1911 is probably going to be a .45 in standard configuration - and really it's a pretty low recoil caliber, I've never found it to be too ridiculous.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Comment

If you find a "boring" pistol, you can always have it coated any color or camo scheme you want.

Comment

Any joking aside, if you acually want to use it, go to a shop or show and actually handle the pistols. Make a list of the ones that feel good in your hand, then go to a range that rents them. Shoot them in the various calibers. Pick the one that feels the best and shoot the best for you. Purhase said pistol and mod away.

If its just a show piece, then get the coolest looking one. Function doesn't matter.

Comment

Ded

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
                          Lmao, now that is a dildo!

Comment

thanks for the work warning. the gay dude in the office just walked past my screen and said "hey I have one of those"
                            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                              thanks for the work warning. the gay dude in the office just walked past my screen and said "hey I have one of those"
                              Did you tell him you use yours all the time, LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X